September/October 2014 Roll Call

Only 2 more sleeps! And only 1 more sleep at home - our house sitters arrive tomorrow afternoon so we are spending the night at my parents.

Cleaning the house today with just some last minute jobs (change the bed linen, vacuum, mop etc) to do tomorrow. It's supposed to be miserable weather in Melbourne so I got as much washing done today as possible:)

We have just finished packing, why do I always feel we are taking twice as much as we need but always forget something?

We are all so excited!

Have an amazing holiday dabecs

Happy travelling to everyone leaving :)

One week today for us - feeling totally overwhelmed, been avoiding looking at traveling plans & can't seem to get excited. Now kids are finally excited & I'm not!

Quick check in from San Francisco airport! We have done the long leg and now just have the SFO to MCO still to do.

We were really happy with United; the food was fine, the seats had enough leg room, the back of seat screens worked well and the movie/tv selection was plentiful. I know United gets a bad rap so wanted to share our positive experience. And the ease of flying one airline the whole way has made things very easy.

I was concerned about the lay over in Sydney but we flew into one gate and left from the gate next door! So no navigating the airport required:)

Looking forward to this last leg being over and hopping into bed!

Quick check in from San Francisco airport! We have done the long leg and now just have the SFO to MCO still to do.

We were really happy with United; the food was fine, the seats had enough leg room, the back of seat screens worked well and the movie/tv selection was plentiful. I know United gets a bad rap so wanted to share our positive experience. And the ease of flying one airline the whole way has made things very easy.

I was concerned about the lay over in Sydney but we flew into one gate and left from the gate next door! So no navigating the airport required:)

Thanks for sharing your experiences! I'm much more willing to fly United now that they have new planes with IFE :thumbsup2

You didn't have to transfer from the domestic terminal to international in Sydney?

Safe ongoing travels and enjoy your trip!

Thanks for sharing your experiences! I'm much more willing to fly United now that they have new planes with IFE :thumbsup2 You didn't have to transfer from the domestic terminal to international in Sydney? Safe ongoing travels and enjoy your trip!

The United flight from Melbourne landed at Sydney international so no transfer required:)

Aussie Wendy and CJ2001, I see that you are both just about half a week away from leaving. If I don't remember to say it in the next few days, have an amazing time!

We will be in San Fran in 5 days! Hope you not too jet lagged enjoy your holiday :)

Quick drop in after our day at Discovery cove - best day ever! What a simply magical place;) our dolphin encounter was more than I expected and we even got to meet a 10 month old baby who was starting her training of being in the lagoon with people patting her.

Would recommend DC to anyone - even with the price tag!

Thanks Wanderlust-up for a final visit to Mum and Dads tomorrow-Mum said on the phone Dad hasn't been too good. Isn't it awful - I hate ringing them because Mum is always so doom and gloom about Dad - I start worrying instead of being excited. Still just some last minute things to do Monday and "off we go".

dabecs, I keep regretting we didn't just blow the $ and stay an extra day and do DC. I keep hearing such amazing things about it. Glad you are having such a great trip.

682 days ago we first told our friends that our wedding was likely going to be at Disney World. It has been a looooooooooooong wait since then, but this coming Sunday we board our flight for LA to begin our pre-honeymoon (we get married at the end of the trip, we don't mean to but we rarely do things in a normal fashion!). In about a week's time I'll have my first ever visit to Disneyland. It's starting to sink in now and I couldn't be more excited. 4 more days of work left and then I'm gone for a full month on the holiday of a lifetime. Cannot wait.

Hi everyone, less than a week until we leave for Disneyworld :cool1: our return flight was pushed back leaving us with not enough transfer time in LA so we now have to fly back via Brisbane.

I 'think' we are all prepared otherwise. I still haven't managed to get a few dining reservations that I wanted or the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for Miss 7 but I'm just going to try when we get there now.

AussieWendy - I hope your dad is OK. I feel the same talking to my mum but in our case it is my grandmother.

That's so exciting edeneye! What an amazing wedding and memory you are going to have. Good luck with it :-)

Dabecs - DC sounds amazing! I haven't thought about booking it but I'm definitely going to check it out.

CJ2001 - We leave next Tuesday and I feel the same but I think its because I'm trying to get everything prepared before we leave. The kids are sooooo excited to though! :-)

Happy travels to everyone leaving this week :-)

Enjoying the Fantasy - tomorrow we hit Castaway Cay! I'm excited to spend the day there but also sad it signals the cruise is coming to an end.

We have had a brilliant time, I'm glad we are heading on to WDW because otherwise I think I would be too sad to get off the ship;)

Happy travels to all of you who are about to leave and those who are travelling at present.

Enjoy Castaway Cay Dabecs. I hope you get beautiful weather to complement the beautiful beach. :)

We have had a brilliant time, I'm glad we are heading on to WDW because otherwise I think I would be too sad to get off the ship;)

LOL, that's exactly how we felt.
Many people suggested we do the cruise last to unwind and relax. But I think I would have gone into serious depression had I stepped straight off that ship onto a plane.

682 days ago we first told our friends that our wedding was likely going to be at Disney World. It has been a looooooooooooong wait since then, but this coming Sunday we board our flight for LA to begin our pre-honeymoon (we get married at the end of the trip, we don't mean to but we rarely do things in a normal fashion!). In about a week's time I'll have my first ever visit to Disneyland. It's starting to sink in now and I couldn't be more excited. 4 more days of work left and then I'm gone for a full month on the holiday of a lifetime. Cannot wait.

Wow so excited for you. Congratulations I hope u have an amazing trip. Are you planning on sharing a TR after the big event?? I'd love to hear all about it :cheer2:

I'm flying to London 6th August 2015 staying with family, my sisters wedding in Dorset England on 22nd August. Then planning on travelling to Paris on 31stAugust but yet to book travel between UK & France. Then I have 4 nights in DL Paris booked from 3rd till 7th September 2015. Excited:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

In Castaway Cay and it's pouring rain:( We still hopped off the ship to have a swim but by the time we got out of the water it was bucketing down! It's 2pm and I think everyone is back on the ship. Such a shame because you can tell with good weather it would be an amazing place.

Anyway off to see Alexander....very bad day at the Buena Vista which will cheer us all up:)

In Castaway Cay and it's pouring rain:( We still hopped off the ship to have a swim but by the time we got out of the water it was bucketing down! It's 2pm and I think everyone is back on the ship. Such a shame because you can tell with good weather it would be an amazing place. Anyway off to see Alexander....very bad day at the Buena Vista which will cheer us all up:)

Oh no! I hope I didn't jinx it by wishing for good weather.

At least there is a great alternative - that stunning ship.

Enjoy your last night onboard.

Did you get to eat at Palo during your trip? I salivate just thinking about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter