September vs October

StalCA

Earning My Ears
Is there a big difference in weather between mid September to mid October? Not so much the heat but is it less rainy by October? Are the lower crowds in September worth it?

Typically the weather is less rainy in mid-October than mid-September. However, that's no guarantee that it will work that way.

October is the only month I haven’t visited WDW (but I’m working on it….;) ). But we’ve been there quite a bit in September. It feels just as hot to me as in July and August and it does rain quite a bit, although we have never experienced an all-day washout (not yet anyway). We have so far dodged any hurricanes in September (we missed Hurricane Charley by one day several years back, but that was in mid August).

FL resident of 25+ years (live 1.5 hrs from WDW), AP and DVC. Have been to park every month so for us Sept is not as hot as summer! But that is all relative of course. Oct is busy due to Food & Wine and Not So Scary so crowd wise post Labor Day until beginning of Oct generally is better for crowds. In this area, we get our first "cold spell" the last week of Oct. Up until that time (mid-Sept to late Oct) weather is similar. Tend to be less tstorms in Oct.

We have always preferred Sept over Oct. It's hot and rainy but to us the lower crowds are worth it, and the rain only lasts for a bit.

Much better weather in October - not the intense humidity of September. And much less rain.

BUT - it is cheaper and way less crowded in September.

the lack of crowds in september are sooooo worth it. along with the price decrease! i've got floridian in my blood so i'm used to a 3pm rainshower every day. september all the way!

September is our BWV 1BR 5 night splurge every year. IMO, best point value out there. As long as the weather permits, we get a Water Park day in, take naps when it's too hot out, and enjoy Epcot and DHS till the late hours. And when a hurricane (Ian) comes by, we know Disney takes good care of us.

We used to go every Oct as our anniversary is then, but the DVC point charts and crowd levels have changed our vacationing patterns.

Another wish I could go in September again the crowds are lower and years ago......
Been most months now is July-Aug.
October was cooler but also a lot more crowded September can be very humid but usually the temps. are lower.... I will take mid lower 80's anytime.. times in July and Aug when it is 92-94 something about those over 90 days 89 is hot but bearable those few degrees seem to make 10 fold hotter.

Last time the fam and I were there was mid September...record crowds, record rain and record Thunder and lightening! It was nuts and wet! We always go the first few weeks of September and no problems or that many people for that matter. I want to try again this year but am a bit leary!

We find the first few weeks of September to be some of the best crowd levels of the year. Even Labor Day weekend has been relatively light crowds the 5x we've gone in the last 10 years. While we would prefer to go in October, the crowds have just increased every year to the point we just don't enjoy it like we used to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter