• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sequoia Lodge Trip Report with Pictures (Part 2)

MICKEY'S DREAMERS

WDW or Hawaii? This is the question!
CAST: I (Laura) and DGH (Disney Grumpy Husband)
IN: Jan 2nd, 2005 (Sequoia Lodge)
OUT: Jan 6th, 2005

Weather was cold and cloudy, but no rain :) We were ready to go to Disneyland park!
Standard attire (from inside to outside, underwear omitted) was:
UP: wool vest, 3 layered sweater, fur coat, fur hat, gloves, scarf;
DOWN: tights, wool socks, snow proof-trousers and boots.
The resulting look was very similar to my LOVED Humphrey Bear that I use as signature :) (note that my weight, before bundling up, is about 100 pounds!)

f5931a39.jpg

Myself in “Humphrey Bear” attire and SL as background

Today is the last day of the Marche' de Noel (Christmas Market) at Disney Village, where lot of vendors have arranged Christmas tents to sell various stuff and food, so we wandered there for a while. Then we decided to make a stop at RER (Railways) Station grocery to buy some survival kit.

HINT: Grocery at RER closes at 7.30 PM, so do not wait until Park closing if you want to buy something

At this point we needed to go back to the resort to drop the grocery stuff. We used the SL shuttle which stops just in front of the RER.

HINT: IMHO (unless for Cheyenne and Santa Fe) the shuttle is not necessary. The distance from the Parks to the shuttle stop is not so different from the distance from the Parks to the Resorts. Use the shuttle only if you are heavily loaded or if it's raining (not in a peak moment!)

Time to really enjoy the DP now! Disney parks are always magic, but with Christmas decorations are really incredible!AWESOME !!!!!!!!

f5931a35.jpg

Main Street by night at Christmas time

It was sunset time and the park was ready for the Enchanted fairytale ceremony when Princesses and Princes, with the help of Tinkerbell, light up DLP Christmas tree and ... the Castle!

f5931a46.jpg

f5931a3d.jpg

The Enchanted fairytale Ceremony

Very nice show and the view of the Castle lighting up was a dream!

f5931a42.jpg

DLP by night at Christmas

Time to heat … DLP has a clever structure. Knowing that, in Paris, most of the time the weather is cold and/or rainy the Imagineers designed two arcades, parallel to Main Street, covered and heated, with access to shops, so we spent some time there.

HINT: Use the arcades parallel to Main Street when cold or rainy!

Time to line up for Fantillusion (night time Parade). Reading some trip reports we realized that the choice of the right viewing spot was an important strategy to enjoy the Parade.
And this was really the case! We followed jodyb suggestion (thanks, jodyb !!!!) in her January 2004 Trip Report

HINT: Excellent spot to watch Fantillusion is in Central Plaza, back to the castle, with the castle slightly to your left

… to be continued

DISCLAIMER: Hints are accurate when written. There is a chance that they will be no more valid when you will need them!

First part of the trip report is at:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=7264930#post7264930

Enjoyed the next episode :)

So right about where to watch Fantalusion. We missed the Villians part the first time. The seating area at 100 hundred acre woods is also a good spot.
Some of the dancers interacting with children, who have first 2 rows reserved for them. While mums and dads can sit behind them.

Reid

Wow you got some really good pictures! We were really wrapped up with several layers when we visited DLP in December too!! :flower1:

Reid, I agree the seats by the Castle Stage/100 acre wood are a great place to watch Fantillusion from - you can see the Villain floats change and you can sit down which is always needed at the end of a long day!! We also found it ideal watching by Pizzeria Bella Notte, near the parade gate where Fantillusion ends. This is even better for the daytime parade when the parade actually starts from that gate. Even on busy days there's hardly anyone there as people seem to gather around Main Street and Central Plaza.

That pic of you is so funny, especially since you weigh about 100 lbs! Reminds me of a commercial that is running on TV now showing a man putting on ALL of his clothes before he leaves for the airport, and he is twice his normal size!

Wow, I didn't realize that it was THAT cold in Paris this time of year...BRRR!!!

Laura, I am really enjoying your reports! I'm glad you were able to use one of my tips - I know many will benefit from yours! The format of your report is fantastic - text, tips, pics - brilliant!
Just one comment... it may have been a typo, but in case there is a misunderstanding... I am of the female persuasion...! :D (Note on my trip reports that I am Liav's mother... :jumping4: )
I wonder how many others are unsure of my gender since Jody spelled with a 'y' is often male...
At least you don't all call me JUDY which is the problem I have here in Israel - in Hebrew, the U and O sounds are the same letter!!
okay enough about me... on to the 3rd installment of your wonderful report!
Thanks!

:D :flower1: :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter