Service Animal

Katyslovinglife

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone I was recently accepted to the DCP for the Fall Program. I also recently received a service dog. I have not yet reached out to recruiting since this has all happened so quickly and was wondering if anybody has had any experience with this sort of situation. The dog would not need to travel to work with me on a daily basis it would more so be a housing accommodation.

Service animals are protected by ADA laws but there are tons of people faking disabilities. Just have some level of documentation from a physician.

Oh I would absolutely provide documentation from my physician. I was more so trying to find out if I would have to live in separate housing or anything like that as I have already had my roommates picked out for awhile and we all get along quite nicely I was just concerned more so about that.

I think you have 2 questions that you need answered.

1. Does corporate sponsored housing fall under the Fair Housing Act, or is it an exception?

2. What is the longest length of time that the dog can be left alone? You may need to ask for an accommodation for shift length so the dog isn't left alone during a 10 hour shift plus travel time. Or maybe you need to request a work location near a kennel.

1) You should reach out to housing (wdw.housing.dorms@disney.com)

2) You will need to have your doctor fill out and send the medical accommodation request form that is on the onboarding site.

My D recently left her CP because Disney refused to grant her accomodations. Disney's rational: Too many different handwritings. (there were 3, my D's, the nurse's, the doctor's).

Only the doctor and the cast member's handwriting are acceptable. It's a very long form. In most medical offices, the nurse or staff fill out the paperwork, the doctor makes minor updates and signs it. I was surprised.

My D recently left her CP because Disney refused to grant her accomodations. Disney's rational: Too many different handwritings. (there were 3, my D's, the nurse's, the doctor's).

Only the doctor and the cast member's handwriting are acceptable. It's a very long form. In most medical offices, the nurse or staff fill out the paperwork, the doctor makes minor updates and signs it. I was surprised.

Pretty sure they violated ADA. :sick:

Pretty sure they violated ADA. :sick:
A nurse isn't a doctor. Did they deny the accommodations or did they say have the doctor fill out the form? They don't have to do anything if the doctor didn't fill out the form. There's a court case backing this up.

A nurse isn't a doctor. Did they deny the accommodations or did they say have the doctor fill out the form? They don't have to do anything if the doctor didn't fill out the form. There's a court case backing this up.

I had the same problem. They wouldn't approve mine either because the nurse had filled it out. The form is like 10 pages long and requires a lot of writing. Also I had to PAY to have this form filled out. It was a PITA for sure. I resubmitted it and they approved it.

To OP. contact Disney ASAP. It can be a lengthy process to ensure you get accommodations approved. And Follow up. My first CP I never heard back, got to my location and leaders knew nothing about my restrictions. They had been approved but Disney basically lost track of me as a CP and forgot to send it onto my leaders

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter