several restaurant reports

shelsy

Earning My Ears
Just got back from 8 day trip. Here are our reviews of the restaurants we ate at:

Rose and Crown- Best meal all week! I will definitely go back and it was worth it for the awesome view of illuminations! We ordered the mushroom appetizer (awesome), we split the pie sampler for dinner (great, except the pork one), and each ordered dessert. the creme brulee and apple crumble- both awesome! We were stuffed!!! The kids split a pizza and got Royal sundaes- very cute! They also give the kids a souvenir cup!!

Mickey's Backyard BBQ- Food was OK, I think we were just too tired to enjoy this event. It was disorganized to get autographs and they wanted everyone to line dance. The rope wrangler was great though. We will not do this again.

Wonderland Tea Party at Grand Floridian- My DS(4) and DD (8) truly enjoyed this and the GF was beautiful! The down side to this event is they truly only give you exactly one hour to be away from kids- no more, no less. It is hard to do anything at disney in one hour, so we went to the cafe and grabbed a quick lunch so the one hour event ended up costing us about $100. We could have got 5 hours of babysitting for that, but we do have a nice picture with Alice and Mad Hatter and my kids loved this! I do not think it is something you do twice though.

Crystal Palace Lunch- This was on our last day and we were hoping for a big sendoff, but were disappointed. Even with our PS, we waited 45 minutes to be seated. Then we sat after we finiseh eating another 45 minutes to see the characters. The buffet was decent, but I did not like all the idle time involved in eating here. The characters did not seem to know there pattern. Tigger came over about 5 times, but it took forever for EEyore. We will not do this again unless we have the earliest or latest reservation possible.

Princess Storybook Breakfast- This is at Epcot and was our most wonderful character experience. We had the earliest reservation possible (8:30). Our daughter got picked to be princess of the day for Epcot and she got to open the doors of the restaurant as well as sit in a special seat. She also received a certificate. This made her week. Even without this surprise, the food was good except the waffles. They were hard and dry. Our service was great and the princesses moved around quickly. We will do this again!

Cheesecake Factory Express- Disney Quest. This is definitely nothing like the Cheesecake Factory. It is overpriced and the food is mediocre. Kids meals are about $5.00 without a drink.

Turkey Legs- counter service MK- Don't waste your money. They smell sooo good, but are awful! Fatty and gross.

Chix Sandwich fries at MK near Buzz- Very good and worth the money.

Pizza PLanet- The atmosphere is tops for Woody and Buzz fans. Pizza is very acceptable.

Hollywood and Vine- We truly enjoyed this buffet and it was worth not having to wait 2 hours to see Fantasmic. Make sure you ask for the Fantasmic dinner package. We ate at 4:30 and had plenty of time to get to Fantasmic.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Thanks for great reviews,have seen many good posts on Rose and Crown lately.I think we need to give it try next trip.Thanks for posting again.:wave2: ::yes:: :wizard: :goodvibes

Thank you for the reviews.

We too found the same problems at Crystal Palace. I think it is just so big of a place that it takes a while for all the characters to get around. The funny thing is we had to wait for Eeyore too!!!
Maybe he is just SLOW ;) That being said we are taking it again before the MVMCP in December but made it early enough so we will have enough time.

We also were disappointed with our last visit to Crystal Palace for lunch.

At the Cheesecake Factory (we only had pizza and desserts) we thought the food was great and good value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter