~~~~~ Sew, sew, sew – off we go with Grand-baby in tow! ~~~~~ (September 2024)

I do love Christmas there- but I dare say - I love Halloween more. LOL Only because our very first trip was during Halloween and those memories are so cherished - every fall, I get the itch to go back!
Halloween is a lot of fun at WDW, especially if you go to a party. Some of our fondest memories include taking grandchildren to the parties. :)

But I think I love Christmas more than Halloween because of all the additional Christmas activities in Epcot. :)

I fell behind quickly. We bought a plane seat for the baby too and they took their car seat. It worked well. I rented a stroller for the same reason as I didn't want to chance their stroller getting damaged.

All caught up Dorine! I am going to PM you the link for the cruise forums; they are so much fun to read and plan with. On to Disney, it is so good to take baby in the car seat; son and DIL have done it both with and without the car seat and car seat was the best option. There is so much STUFF to take anywhere you go when a baby is involved. I have a lot of things here at my home for the grands and they still bring a lot over. It is like you have to pack the whole house and more. I hope you can figure out the transportation issue between budget and ease of travel. I have to say I cannot wait to see you grandbaby's pics with WDW characters. That melts my heart.

Halloween is a lot of fun at WDW, especially if you go to a party. Some of our fondest memories include taking grandchildren to the parties. :)

But I think I love Christmas more than Halloween because of all the additional Christmas activities in Epcot. :)

I've done one or two trips where we overlapped Halloween and Christmas - I'd have to say that those were the best of both worlds. LOL Honestly a person couldn't go wrong with either one... and if October wasn't the busiest month of the year for Victoria and Nolan's shop - we'd definitely be doing a Halloween/Christmas hybrid trip - but sadly it just does't work for her schedule.

I fell behind quickly. We bought a plane seat for the baby too and they took their car seat. It worked well. I rented a stroller for the same reason as I didn't want to chance their stroller getting damaged.

I"m really leaning towards doing this... The only hard part is we've looked at a few of the available strollers - and they really aren't optimal for an infant who is barely sitting up... We will need to look at them a little closer and see if they recline well or anything like that. V is also worried about the under storage... We were talking about it yesterday and our general thought is that we have never carried much in the parks - besdes our bags - so we are pretty well contained... so the only thing the storage part would have to carry are the baby's things.

All caught up Dorine! I am going to PM you the link for the cruise forums; they are so much fun to read and plan with. On to Disney, it is so good to take baby in the car seat; son and DIL have done it both with and without the car seat and car seat was the best option. There is so much STUFF to take anywhere you go when a baby is involved. I have a lot of things here at my home for the grands and they still bring a lot over. It is like you have to pack the whole house and more. I hope you can figure out the transportation issue between budget and ease of travel. I have to say I cannot wait to see you grandbaby's pics with WDW characters. That melts my heart.

I got your link - thanks so much Carol for sending it - I hope to dive in this weekend! :)

Yes - we are definitely taking the car seat and getting baby a seat on the plane... that way we will have a whole row to ourselves and it will just be more comfortable for all.

Oh boy - do they ever!!! Hahahaha! I already have my own high chair, swing and bouncer - oh and a crib if V decides she doesn't want to use it. LOL Who knew that being a grandparent would be the equivalent of having just as much baby stuff as the parents? LOL Not to mention all of the FP Little People sets I've amassed over the last few months... FP LP were something that both of our girls played with for years (same with me)... I donated their sets many years ago and kind of wished I would have kept them now - as they had it ALL!!! (pic of Josh playing LP with Allison when she was little - and you can see baby V in her swing off to the right)

090_17A.JPG

We are very much looking forward to this very thing soon!

I'm hoping we can figure out transportation too... I mean - I know we will - it's just finding a bit of compromise yet still feeling safe and comfortable.

*************************************************************************************************************************

OK all... No trip stuff to update today - I just wanted to catch up on replies.

I"m waiting on Allison's morning phone call... I am so very fortunate to have such a close relationship with both girls. Allison calls me every single morning on her way to work and we chat about our days... Victoria calls me later in the day - which shouldn't surprise any of you that know her - she likes to sleep in. And because V's schedule is a bit more flexible - like mine - we usually spend the day together at least twice per week... She does all of the shopping for the shop, so I often go out with her and we combine our errands.

V has been feeling baby kick and move around quite a bit! I don't remember feeling Allison until around 20 weeks - so I"m a little shocked that V can feel so much this early (she'll be 19 weeks tomorrow) - but it's good that she can, it's very reassuring for her. <3 According to the pregnancy app I have that follows her pregnancy - baby is about 9.5" long!

I did manage to take a couple pics over the weekend - since I haven't posted really any that are recent...

V and I last weekend selling pizza at the art fair... We FROZE!!!! We were using the pizza warming table to keep our hands warm and I ran home to grab my electric blanket to plug in to keep us warm as well... Many of the other vendors were jealous of our set up. :lmao:

385533873_979485340016140_139212228507091522_n.jpg

And then yesterday V and I were at Target and lookie what I found!!! I was a HUGE Strawberry Shortcake fan as a child - so I was ELATED to find this tee shirt... I definitely bought it and I"m definitely wearing it today! :woohoo:

380184156_7204114972945722_3663325153198730577_n.jpg

OK that's about everything I have for you guys today... I hope you're all having a great week and I'll try to stay caught up on replies. :love:

D~

It was SO cold this weekend, I'm not surprised you were freezing, too!! But glad you had the pizza to keep your hands warm :)

My brother and I had ALLLL the Fisher Price Little People sets growing up, and my Mom and Dad actually did save it all. So, Jimmy was very fortunate to have all of ours to play with at their house, and all the new ones we bought for him at home. He's 14 now, but we've still held onto all his toys, and he has been loving playing with his little cousin, Melody, as she is now the perfect age to get into LP. It melts my heart seeing him play with his old favorite toys with her.

I bought a high chair and the portable crib for our grandchildren. I still had the stroller that I had bought for our third child, so I didn't need to buy one. Our daughter-in-law gave us an extra baby play table so we were in good shape. The youngest grandchild is 14 years old now so I donated most of those things. The only thing I kept was the portable crib and a few high quality basic toys like wooden puzzles and blocks. You never know when you might need them. ;)

Your pictures bring back memories. We had a Fisher-Price red barn and the girls loved Strawberry Shortcake. :)

Love the pictures!!!

OHHHH, I have had so many baby things given to me! I have a car seat, high chair, "walker", pack and play and some soft toys. I cannot wait to get all. the. things. I have had to hold off on a lot.

We haven't really "advertised" this (ie: put it on social media), but DH got laid off from his job in August. He got a good severance package, but we are still trying to be very frugal with what is there until he finds something else. The hard part is that he worked for one of the tech giants and they have laid off almost 10k employees since February. That means there are that many folks competing for the same jobs. It has been rough, but we are in a much better position in life and finances than many others. And, thankfully, our Dec cruise was already PIF, so we still get to enjoy a nice vacation regardless.

I’m here! Man it’s been a long time.

Jennifer on FB

I’m so stinking excited for all of you! This trip is going to be amazing

I’m so glad to hear A is doing well. She has popped in my mind often in the last few months.

For all I know (as a non-mom) “train” baby to sleep In All kinds of environments instead of just pitch black/silent. This is probably the perfect age for napping around the world. 🤣

Off to find the app so I can keep up better.

PS I misssssssed trip reports and visiting here!

It was SO cold this weekend, I'm not surprised you were freezing, too!! But glad you had the pizza to keep your hands warm :)

My brother and I had ALLLL the Fisher Price Little People sets growing up, and my Mom and Dad actually did save it all. So, Jimmy was very fortunate to have all of ours to play with at their house, and all the new ones we bought for him at home. He's 14 now, but we've still held onto all his toys, and he has been loving playing with his little cousin, Melody, as she is now the perfect age to get into LP. It melts my heart seeing him play with his old favorite toys with her.

I was soooo cold! I was not prepared at all!

That is so awesome that you still have your FP sets from when you were little - things like that just never go out of style... Like even as an adult - I loved sitting on the floor with the girls and playing with them! How awesome that Jimmy still plays with his little cousin... BTW - when did he get so TALL????? Seriously??? :eek:

I bought a high chair and the portable crib for our grandchildren. I still had the stroller that I had bought for our third child, so I didn't need to buy one. Our daughter-in-law gave us an extra baby play table so we were in good shape. The youngest grandchild is 14 years old now so I donated most of those things. The only thing I kept was the portable crib and a few high quality basic toys like wooden puzzles and blocks. You never know when you might need them. ;)

Your pictures bring back memories. We had a Fisher-Price red barn and the girls loved Strawberry Shortcake. :)

I have nothing left from our girls - except an old carseat that needs to be tossed, I have their old pack n' play too and their old bassinette - but I doubt that any of them are still safe for use? I totally agree about keeping good toys on hand - once of the few things I kept from the girls (besides their entire American Girl collection) was their Fisher Price Sweet Streets... Now that Allison is dating a man with 3 little girls - those Sweet Streets get used OFTEN when they come over... We've even had them out when BMTL visit - everyone loves playing with them. It's like the older kids version of Little People. :)

Yup those toys are so classic! I think everyone has memories of them! :lovestruc

Love the pictures!!!

OHHHH, I have had so many baby things given to me! I have a car seat, high chair, "walker", pack and play and some soft toys. I cannot wait to get all. the. things. I have had to hold off on a lot.

We haven't really "advertised" this (ie: put it on social media), but DH got laid off from his job in August. He got a good severance package, but we are still trying to be very frugal with what is there until he finds something else. The hard part is that he worked for one of the tech giants and they have laid off almost 10k employees since February. That means there are that many folks competing for the same jobs. It has been rough, but we are in a much better position in life and finances than many others. And, thankfully, our Dec cruise was already PIF, so we still get to enjoy a nice vacation regardless.

That is so awesome that you were able to get so many things given to you! Victoria had a few things given, but everything else we have managed to get very reasonable at the 2nd hand store... Except for the car seat - that is something that we just can't do used.

Oh gosh - that is so awful!!! I sure hope he is able to find something very soon! I'm glad that you guys were in a financial position to be able to weather the storm - but still... That market is so saturated right now. And I'm glad your cruise was already paid for - I am sure you will need a vacation about then!

We are also bracing for a financial storm... With the government shut-down looming, that puts Josh in direct fire for that... Sadly, because his position is medically necessary - he will still have to work through the shut-down... It will be tough - but hopefully it doesn't last long. We are also in a financial position where we will be OK if we are frugal - but it's still never easy.

I will be praying for you friend! :hugs:

I’m here! Man it’s been a long time.

Jennifer on FB

I’m so stinking excited for all of you! This trip is going to be amazing

I’m so glad to hear A is doing well. She has popped in my mind often in the last few months.

For all I know (as a non-mom) “train” baby to sleep In All kinds of environments instead of just pitch black/silent. This is probably the perfect age for napping around the world. 🤣

Off to find the app so I can keep up better.

PS I misssssssed trip reports and visiting here!

Well hello there my dear friend!!!! It has been a bit or two... thankfully we are friend on FB. :lovestruc

It is surely gonna be a lot of fun and very different from any other trip we've ever done! It's exciting and scary all at the same time!

She is doing well... She is adjusting and shifting... Life has not given her an easy hand, yet she still manages to put a smile on her face. I"m proud of her for her resiliency and her ability to keep pushing on, when sometimes it's just not easy to do. Thank you for thinking of her. :lovestruc

I am sure hope V does that!!! I'm actually quite certain she will... It is her plan to "wear" the baby pretty much all the time... and being in a pizza restaurant with 20 teenage employees on the premises at any given time is definitely not a quiet and dark place. LOL Baby should be well equipped to handle Disney without a problem. I hope. LOL

I hope you found the app - I look forward to seeing you more here! I've missed PTRs and TRs too!

*****************************************************************************************************************************

I'm wishing you all a great weekend! :lovestruc

D~

Happy Weekend, D and everyone!
I loved Strawberry Shortcake as a kid, too! I can still remember the smell of the doll. Looks like the Art Fair was cold! We are finally getting some highs that are not in the 80's down here in Coastal NC. It's very refreshing after a sweltering Summer!
Teaching 8th grade is... well, it's challenging for everyone. Lots of hormones floating around, LOL.

Our reservation date is coming up in about 12 days. I have my list, but I know it will be twice as difficult to get all the reservations that I want. I have the other teachers on my hall on standby in case I get stuck on the phone making reservations. I've gotta keep my priorities in line! 😆

Wishing everyone a great week ahead!

How awesome that Jimmy still plays with his little cousin... BTW - when did he get so TALL????? Seriously??? :eek:
I know, right?!?!! He started high school this year! He grew 7 inches during his 8th grade school year, so it happened really quickly! :) I just call him my Baby Giant now!

Ok, I can't believe I forgot about this ptr. We were on a cruise to New England and Canada when you made the original FB post and since I haven't been on here much since your last tr, I forgot - also, I am now officially old - so I have a pass.

Anyway, I am so happy that you and V (and baby!!!) are going to visit the mouse. Things have definitely changed since your last visit. Park reservations are not difficult, but I detest the new Genie+. It is a necessary evil and I don't ever get my money's worth from it. If it was set up similar to the old FP where you could book 3 rides in advance, I would not have a problem with it, but it doesn't work that way.

We will also be at WDW in September (as usual) and I hope our dates overlap.

I am happy for both of your girls.

Happy Weekend, D and everyone!
I loved Strawberry Shortcake as a kid, too! I can still remember the smell of the doll. Looks like the Art Fair was cold! We are finally getting some highs that are not in the 80's down here in Coastal NC. It's very refreshing after a sweltering Summer!
Teaching 8th grade is... well, it's challenging for everyone. Lots of hormones floating around, LOL.

Our reservation date is coming up in about 12 days. I have my list, but I know it will be twice as difficult to get all the reservations that I want. I have the other teachers on my hall on standby in case I get stuck on the phone making reservations. I've gotta keep my priorities in line! 😆

Wishing everyone a great week ahead!

I still have a few of my original dolls - they are destroyed for sure - but so sentimental to me! And believe it or not - they all still smell... they all smell the exact same as eachother since they have all been in the same box for decades. Kinda scary if you think about it - God only knows what chemical they used to make them still smell 40 years later - and we were deeply inhaling it during our formative years. :lmao: :lmao:

Oooh that's so exciting and awesome that you have your priorities perfectly straight! :lol:

Thank you - same to you! (even though the week is half over by the time I got here)
I know, right?!?!! He started high school this year! He grew 7 inches during his 8th grade school year, so it happened really quickly! :) I just call him my Baby Giant now!

That is so crazy!!! Awww - I love his new name! So cute!

Ok, I can't believe I forgot about this ptr. We were on a cruise to New England and Canada when you made the original FB post and since I haven't been on here much since your last tr, I forgot - also, I am now officially old - so I have a pass.

Anyway, I am so happy that you and V (and baby!!!) are going to visit the mouse. Things have definitely changed since your last visit. Park reservations are not difficult, but I detest the new Genie+. It is a necessary evil and I don't ever get my money's worth from it. If it was set up similar to the old FP where you could book 3 rides in advance, I would not have a problem with it, but it doesn't work that way.

We will also be at WDW in September (as usual) and I hope our dates overlap.

I am happy for both of your girls.

Hahaha - yah we are all older... I think I'd take the same pass if necessary. I'm so glad to see you here now!

Yah - there are so many changes - it's overwhelming! We still haven't decided on G+ yet... We have time. But we are cheap - I am not sure how much use we'd actually get out of it with a baby in tow? I miss the days of the old FP... V does too - and she was always our runner. LOL

Ooooh - you'll have to PM me your dates!!! It would be so fun to meet up again! :lovestruc

Thank you!!! I"m so glad we are friend on FB so I can stay caught up on you! <3

*********************************************************************************************************

I have nothin' for you guys again today... I just wanted to stop by and catch up on replies! I hope you're all having a great week! :lovestruc

D~

I am not receiving notifications so I got a little behind; but I have a pass too as I can say I am old; don't you remember being little and when your aunts were in their 50's and 60's you thought they were ancient? Ugh, I will be 60 in a couple of months; just popping in and so excited for this trip! We bought son and DIL a new car seat for each baby when they were born, it was the one luxury item we splurged on; and they have have an extra base they pass around; it really helps; hope Disney transportation research is going well; going to go reset my notifications now so I will be able to keep up!

Omg, I completely forgot that you were doing this PTR. I was scrolling through my FB messages and found it again. So I had to read all of it in one go. Whew! Caught up now. I am Loree IRL btw.

Yes, so many things have changed since you were there last. Genie+, individual lightning lanes (ILL) and virtual queues are the biggest ones. Although, we only used G+ one day and purchased one ILL for our trip in September 2022. We did Genie+ at HS and purchased the ILL for RotR that same day. And that was only so we could ensure we were able to ride RotR and Smuggler's in Galaxy Edge since DH is a huge Stars Wars fan. We also did the virtual queue for Guardians the two days we were in Epcot.

I am so excited for you guys and can't wait to hear more about your trip.

And you are going on a cruise too! So very, very jealous! We have done two cruises, one western Caribbean and one southern Caribbean. We went to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica on the western one and Aruba, Bonaire and Grand Turk on the southern one. You should be okay for sea sickness on your cruise since you will be cruising in more protected waters (lots of islands between the ship and the eastern wind). Our southern one was not so protected and we had three sea days to start. I was pretty green by the third day and was sooooo looking forward to getting on solid land. I will be interested to hear what you think of cruising.

Will be looking for your next update now that I remembered this PTR is here!

So apparently Genie + will be changing, although what those changes are are unknown. Rumor has it that it will be similar to the old FP+ except paid. I wouldn't mind paying so much if I actually was able to book the rides I want.

I'm so excited to be in and posting. It's amazing how all of our kiddos have grown up since we were all active on here! Can't wait to read more and see what's to come!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter