sewing on scrapbook pages

MinnieFan4ever

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I need help. I really LOVE the zigzag look on cards and scrapbook pages. But here is the problem, I don't know how to sew. I think I can sew a short line. I'm sure I can, can't I? :crazy2:

Here's my question. What is a good sewing machine just for this kind of crafting. I have seen really small ones at like Micheals for $10.00 but I don't think they do a zig zag stich.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Minniefan :goodvibes

From what I've heard, the small machines are not very useful, break easily, and are difficult to sew with. I'm not sure what to tell you as an alternative, though - I use my full size machine for scrappy sewing. You can do an easy zigzag stitch by hand, though...

If you keep your eyes open at craft stores, you could find stamps that look like stitching. I buy alot of scrapbooking magazines, and I see the stamps that look like stitching.

If you look around maybe at Walmart and/or Target, you may be able to get an inexpensive "real" sewing machine for under $100... possibly for under $75. I paid under $50 for my Brother machine in 1989. I cannot COUNT the number of things I have made with it (curtains, Halloween costumes, maternity clothes, Easter dresses) and it is still going strong! It does straight lines (obviously), zigzag, button holes, etc. It is perfect for my needs. And I also use it for my scrapping!

If the $$ seems too much, consider the fact that you could use the machine for more than just scrapping..... hemming, repairs, etc.

You could also consider looking for a machine at yard sales this spring/summer. Good luck..................P

Thanks for the help all. I think I may just have to invest in a real sewing machine. I figured those cheapo ones were too cheap to be any good. I may try overstock.com or ebay.

At my LSS I found rub-on stitches. I love them--they really look like stitching.
You might take a look and see what you think.
Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter