Sharing meals on the DDP????

Libade

Mouseketeer
Can children share meals on the DDP? I'm asking because I know they get appetizer, entree and dessert, and that's A LOT of food for one sitting. I would rather have them share when possible, than to just waste so much food.

Yes, you can share. My mom, myself, and my DD6 usually order 2 meals for the 3 of us. Adults, or kids, can share. We've done this on DDP both times we've had it. I've read some posts lately where kid's may not get the appetizer. We did when we were there (Jan. and Sept. 05) but it may have changed. You'll probably also have some uneaten food (we took alot of desserts back to the room, especially if we didn't share).

As it was explained to us by Aunt Elaine at Primetime Cafe, the number of credits (TS) deducted is based on # of beverages ordered. So, if you're sharing (or having adult beverages) it'll need to be on a separate ticket to pay OOP. This has worked everytime. Hope this helps. Happy dining!

We shared quite a few times. Our first night we ate at Kona Cafe and only used two credits but ordered one extra appetizer. We have two children - one who eats a lot and one not as much and we still walked away stuffed. It really helped us because we like to sit down and eat and this way we were able to hit more restaurants. Of course if you are only going to buffets this won't work since there is no sharing allowed.

Anyone can share--2 adults, 2 kids, a kid can share off an adult meal, etc.

The above post is correct--if you order any part of the meal (even just a soda), it will use the whole credit. So, if you are ordering a beverage for someone who is sharing, be sure the server understands that you are paying OOP for the beverage.

Yes, ds5 and I shares almost every meal... either of us are big eaters. We shared and still had 1/3 of the food left on our plates! We just let the waiter know we were paying oop for his drink and most of the time they didn't even charge us for it :)!!!

I was just wondering about sharing meals as well. Thanks for asking the questions!!! DD(8) and I are not big eaters so sharing 1 adult meal is plenty of food for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter