Sharing Things When Checking Out

I always hope that the maid will be able to keep the leftover snacks, unopened seltzers and beers etc., as an extra tip.

I usually give to Bell Services when they come to collect the bags but I have walked to the housekeeping door and let them know I have items I'm leaving in the room for them. Either way works. By the way, they have taken opened items too (I've asked if they wanted them) as we usually have a good assortment of deli items from Publix and small condiment bottles.

It's a very nice perk for housekeeping, that they take stuff home. If you ever sit on your balcony in the afternoons, you'll notice them with brown paper bags. It's all leftovers. Good for them, well deserved!

We leave ours for the housekeepers. We were told they can keep anything that is not opened.

I wondered about this. Do we need to leave a note or anything or is it just assumed that it's up for grabs since we've checked out?

We leave everything lined up on counter. Toss anything open. Didn’t think anyone would take that stuff. Never thought to offer bell service . One trip with the grands,we had tons of water, juice boxes, fruit cups,chips etc. Looked like we were opening a Wawa in our room.

While the title makes it sound like it could be a safety issue, some people also are of the "I don't want to deal with your junk while I'm trying to do laundry" opinion. (The items being left are not just unopened food items.)
Defiantly not, "Always look on the bright side of life."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter