Sharing Things When Checking Out

jlmarr

Fenton's Banana Special. Just sayin'.
Is there any best place to look for announcements of things left up for grabs when we check out? Or is it always "just take it to the ice vending room"?

Occasionally people will post in the DISboards DVC Resorts forum or the Disney Resorts forum if they have things.

We give our extras to Bell Services when leaving at BCV. They use the food/drink in their break room. At least that's what they told me.

I always hope that the maid will be able to keep the leftover snacks, unopened seltzers and beers etc., as an extra tip.

We leave them in laundry room. Holiday stroller Lights, glow bracelets, unused ponchos etc. maybe that isn’t the best place, but we’ve found shared stuff there previously.

We leave ours for the housekeepers. We were told they can keep anything that is not opened.
Good to know. I wasn't sure if housekeepers were allowed to keep anything (concerns with the possibility of being accused of theft)

We leave them in laundry room. Holiday stroller Lights, glow bracelets, unused ponchos etc. maybe that isn’t the best place, but we’ve found shared stuff there previously.
This is controversial, but I can't find the previous threads about it.

I think the biggest controversy I've heard is regarding leaving leftover alcohol in Laundry or in the Hallway - people are concerned about kids getting into it.

Oh wow, I never even assumed someone would do that, that’s a huge liability. I only leave unopened items that aren’t food/drink related. I’ve found a few handy things in the laundry and it was a nice gesture I’ve wanted to pay forward.

We give our unopened groceries to cast members, typically those in Bell Services or Resort Activities.

We always use Bell on checkout and offer the unopened items to them....they will ususally take everything.

I have seen unopened items left in the laundry rooms. I have never noticed more than a couple of items. Vero - I have seen beach chairs.

If we are flying and have any leftovers - I have left them in the room or in the laundry room if it's an item or two. The resorts have their own FB page/group - many will advertise they are leaving their unopened items outside of their door (give room #) while they are getting ready to check out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter