• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sheraton Vistana Resort OR Marriott Harbour Lakes?

jaspereira

Earning My Ears
Hi!

Which one should I chose for a 15-night stay (Oct. 17 - Nov. 01), considering the same rate?

We are 2 adults, 2 kids (2 and 5 years old).

We'll do the 4 Disney Parks (7 or 8 days), plus Sea World and Universal (2 days). And some shopping as well (Florida Mall and Outlet Premium - Vineland Ave.).

Both have full kitchen, which is essential. But we don't plan to spend a lot of time in the resort, in the pools, etc.

Thank you!

Hi!

Which one should I chose for a 15-night stay (Oct. 17 - Nov. 01), considering the same rate?

We'll do the 4 Disney Parks (7 or 8 days), plus Sea World and Universal (2 days). And some shopping as well (Florida Mall and Outlet Premium - Vineland Ave.).

Both have full kitchen, which is essential. But we don't plan to spend a lot of time in the resort, in the pools, etc.

Thank you!

With kids those ages I would definitely choose Harbour Lake. It is the best resort I have ever stayed at for small children. The pools are fantastic. Even though you may not think so now I guarantee you will spend quite a bit of time in the pools and splash park. Plus the location is perfect!

I agree Harbour Lake is the one I would go with also. I have stayed at both and by far and away Harbout Lake outshines Vistana any day!

Can't speak to Vistana, but we LOVE Harbour Lake. I agree with another poster that with kids those ages, plan to spend more time than you think at the resort. The pools are a big hit with kids.

If the price is the same Harbour Lake, no contest. Both are good but Harbour Lake is a class above the Sheraton. Compare their rankings and reviews on TA. Only mystery for me is how you have them at the same price. You are either paying too much for the Sheraton or are looking at a great deal on the Marriott.

Hi!

Thank you!
I have stayed at both. The 2BR was a bit larger at Vistana, but overall I preferred the Marriott, especially since your kids will love the pools and activities there.

We once did a week at Harbour Lake and went to a theme park for only 1 day -- so make sure to budget enough resort time and not book it all up with theme barks.

Harbour Lake is on our list for next June 2014. We have never stayed at a timeshare property in Orlando. We are not interested in owning a timeshare. Will they keep bothering us during our vacation to attend a timeshare seminar? We want to spend time time at Sea World/Aquatica and maybe spend a day at MK. When we would drive past Harbour Lake it always looked bright and fun.

Thank you all for the help!

But comparing ONLY the rooms (size, cleanliness, amenities, etc) and service, which one wins?

But comparing ONLY the rooms (size, cleanliness, amenities, etc) and service, which one wins?
You get basically the same things in either room. The Vistana room we had was just larger and had a large screened in outdoor patio. The Harbour Lake room is more compact -- but it still roomy enough. Also, you can park right in front of your room at Vistana, while we were on the 6th floor at Harbour Lake, so we had to park and take the elevator. There are a ton of rooms at Vistana, so your parking experience may be different.

Beyond the room itself, the Marriott was superior with nicer pools and activities. Harbour Lake is much less sprawling that Vistana.

I would stay at either place, but my first choice would be Harbour Lake.

Harbour Lake is on our list for next June 2014. We have never stayed at a timeshare property in Orlando. We are not interested in owning a timeshare. Will they keep bothering us during our vacation to attend a timeshare seminar? We want to spend time time at Sea World/Aquatica and maybe spend a day at MK. When we would drive past Harbour Lake it always looked bright and fun.

While I cannot speak specifically for Harbour Lake, at most timeshare properties, firmly declining the offer of a tour at check in and then unplugging your room phone will ensure you are not bothered for the remainder of your stay.

We have not stayed at the Vistana resort, but we did spend 10 nights at Harbour Lake this past June. We really enjoyed the resort a great deal. Our kids are older and we did lots of park days, so we did not do a ton at the resort as far as activities and such. The pool and hot tub areas are very nice, and visually the resort is very pretty.

We had a two bedroom suite and not the newest remodel from the pics we saw online, but all was quite nice. The suite was spacious and well maintained. Additionally, we booked including light housekeeping and that was awesome! They made beds, provided new towels, emptied and loaded the dishwasher, and took out the trash every day with a thorough clean like day 6. Housekeeping was top notch.

We also really liked the resort location. We stayed at a Marriott property next door the summer before for a Sea World trip prior to a cruise, and we could not resist sneaking in a day at MK. When we experienced how easy the drive really was, it lured us off site for our most recent trip.

We had been die hard onsite people with 13 previous trips (1 value stay, 3 deluxe visits, and the rest mod trips), and we have no regrets about our Harbour Lake stay. Travel time to the WDW parks (inlcuding all parts) was easy (as good or better than our bus experiences on property). I4 can certainly have back ups, but we were on there for so little (like 2 exits) that it was a non issue. Location to shopping and restaurants is super convenient.

We have stayed at both. Both are nice and I'm sure the resort staffs work hard to keep them that way. That said, Harbour lake is a lot newer (by 20 years?) and I think the Marriotts are always the best as they sweat those details.

The Vistana had a total renovation completed only last year, so its pretty new inside. Havent stayed at the habour but vistana was great. Rooms were awesome, location also no issues for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter