Sheraton Vistana Resort vs Wyndham Bonnet Creek vs onsite

The Vistana does have one pool (in the Falls section of the resort) with a slide, though its a small one. Probably best for the 12-and-under crowd. It was removed for a short time before being replaced with a whole new slide, so perhaps you were there while it was during that refurbishment.

Here's what that pool and slide looks like:

1237035_10151850806701416_1068289291_n.jpg

1175724_10151850806791416_1723832824_n.jpg

Does WBC have basketball courts? For some reason, I am thinking that might be one of the other differences between the two resorts, but I could be remembering wrong.

THanks. Yes, that slide was not there when we were. It was almost 8 years ago when we were there so they must have added it since then. Bonnet creek does not have basket ball. They have a play ground, mini golf, giant checkers, and I think Shuffle board, as well as 2 arcades and other indoor games you can check out from the activity desks. They also have various activities throughout the week like the Vistana. The Vistana probably has a bit more of a lush feel since it's more spread out and has shorter buildings. I just wish Vistana had 3 bedroom units so we could stay there again (we typically travel with my parents so we need 3 bedrooms, we're spoiled and don't like people sleeping in the living room)

Imho ...there is absolutely no comparison to an onsite Disney Immersion vacation to an Offsite Disney visit. There's plenty of opinions and pros and cons. Hope some of what was stated so passionately here helps you decide.
Wherever you stay... here's hoping your vacation is a magical one, enjoy!

I am also looking into the Vistana for next year. I appreciate the pics and the info. I am confused about the math behind renting DVC for the price of a moderate room. I looked into that last time and it was still almost $500 per night at the site I was looking into. That is way more than moderate pricing.

I am also looking into the Vistana for next year. I appreciate the pics and the info. I am confused about the math behind renting DVC for the price of a moderate room. I looked into that last time and it was still almost $500 per night at the site I was looking into. That is way more than moderate pricing.

Hi @mel19 !

If you are considering a stay at the Vistana, then this thread is a must-read:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-sheraton-vistana-resort-thread.3148502/

Our resident expert, @bankr63 , has compiled an amazing resource that is an excellent tool for planning at stay at SVR. Even after sampling a variety of Orlando accommodation options (including Disney onsite as well as timeshare properties owned by Marriott, Wyndham, Westgate and Sheraton), SVR still remains our FAVOURITE resort of all of them. I think you would love it as well :goodvibes.

what's the difference between vistana resort and vistana villages?

what's the difference between vistana resort and vistana villages?
Primarily location.

Sheraton Vistana Resort is the "original" Sheraton timeshare in the Orlando area on 535 between I-4 and World Center Drive. It actually started out independent, with Sheraton taking over as developer and operator about halfway through development. With the success of the SVR, Sheraton started a second timeshare resort property a few miles away on I-Drive called Sheraton Vistana Villages. Both are great locations, and both are Sheraton standard. Newer does not necessarily mean better as many sections at SVR had a full refurbishment more recently than some sections of SVV. Both resorts are very good at keeping the units fresh.

The vibe at the two resorts is a bit different; because SVV is all Sheraton, and was developed later, the density of the villas is higher. The buildings at SVV are much larger and taller than most of the sections at SVR, with the exception of the Lakes and Cascades phases at SVR which are pretty cookie cutter to SVV. SVR is larger and has a few more amenities for your enjoyment.

Distance to the Disney parks is similar, maybe 5 minutes more from SVV, but SVV is located much closer to SeaWorld and a bit shorter access time to Universal.
In short though, can't go wrong with either one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter