Sherlock Holmes Books?

• Yes, liked the books.

• No, didn't like the books.

• Never read them.

• Huh? What's a Sherlock Holmes?

Results are only viewable after voting.

HorsePrincess

Pround Creator of Virtual Epcot!
Just totally curious; how many of ya'll have ever read the original Sherlock Holmes canon and liked it? My friend thinks I'm nuts 'cause I read it during lunch at school and watch the old Granada television series whenever I get a chance and my sister thinks it's boring. What do you guys think? (You can kinda tell what I think, just look at my sig and avatar...)

~*HorsePrincess*~

lol way to scary for my taste i tried to read on book and could not

We have one collection of Sherlock Holmes story and I read the first bit of the first book in the libary. I liked it, despite only reading 1 chapter. :teeth:

Who knew the Sherlock was a chemist?

Conan Doyle's first book, A Study in Scarlet, I thought, was fairly good except for one rather long and awkward flashback in the middle. I liked how it showed Holmes and Watson meeting, but I was very confused when they flashed back. My favorite story is probably either The Three Garridebs, 'cause it includes a moment where you can see that Holmes actually does have a heart, or The Empty House, for reasons that I will not divulge for those of you who haven't gotten past The Final Problem. :teeth: (I love literary discussions...)

~*HorsePrincess*~

pokemon_master said:
Just read chapter two. :teeth:

Awesome! :thumbsup2 I have a hard time finding people who've actually read the books and liked them. Usually when I ask people I know in real life if they've read them, the answer is something to the tune of "No, they're boring," or "I don't like to read." One of my brothers is just getting a little into them, much to my pleasure; I was watching some of the Granada episodes yesterday and he came downstairs to watch and he liked it. I need to get him to read the canon, though. There's just nothing like Doyle's own words.

I've been considering starting the Mary Russel series by L. R. King, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I have problems getting past the fact that it's not canon, and I'm a bit worried that Holmes won't be the same. I like him unpredictable, sarcastic, and everything else!

~*HorsePrincess*~

Just bought the entire collection of Sherlock holmes novels. Woo!!

Up to chapter 6 now. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter