Shipboard credit question

pouncingpluto

DIS Veteran
So, I've got a shipboard credit now, thanks to Disney Club and Dreams Unlimited. I was looking at the DC description of the credit, and it mentions things that the credit is good for, like activities, etc. I'm not clear if those are suggestions for ways to use the credit or limitations on it.

For example, one thing not mentioned as a possible use, is drinks.

Does anyone know if the shipboard credit can be used for anything you want to use it for, or if it's limited to certain things?

Shipboard credits can be used for anything. They are just giving examples of what you can use it for. (and yes, it can be used for drinks)

Sue Ellen

My daughter had a ship-board credit last year after winning a contest on board. At the end of the cruise, it was just subtracted from what we owed on the overall bill.
HBC

My understanding of the shipboard credit is that its good twords everything.:teeth: At the end of your cruise when you pay your bill I'm sure you would see it then. This is only a guess, as I am going on my first Disney cruise and that is what I was told by my AAA travel agent. Have a great time! Bon Voyage!

Make sure you know who's account it is applied to on board. A friend of mine had a credit given to her by a friend and DCL applied the credit to her husband's account and not her's. They used her account exclusively and then had to get Guest Services to fix their accounts at the end of the cruise.

Wow, great! My boyfriend was bummed to find out that alcohol and soft drinks (outside of meals) were not included. I don't care for myself, because I don't often drink alcohol, and I try to avoid the calories of soft drinks as much as possible. At any rate, the $50 shipboard credit (not to mention the $100 rebate from DU) should go pretty far in quenching his thirst.

Plus... I may see a pin or two I must have! ;)

pouncingpluto...have your BF bring his own sodas and alcohol aboard and that should save some money....we only spent $20 on drinks on board....90% of drinks, soda and alcohol we brought with us...

(not to mention the $100 rebate from DU)

will that be applied as an onboard credit or will you receive that as a rebate being taken off your finally payment for the cost of the cruise.

I agree with zurgswife have your boyfreind bring his own booze and sodas the cost of them aboard can really run your bill up. Another thing you may want to do is prepay your onboard credits. You can do so by calling Magical Treasures 1-800-601-8455.
We do this to keep us from over spending, which is very easy to do. We check our balance every couple days.

>>
will that be applied as an onboard credit or will you receive that as a rebate being taken off your finally payment for the cost of the cruise. <<

We'll get it after we return.

I'll look into bringing our own drinks. The only thing is that we don't have a rental car, and I'm not sure about putting that stuff in our luggage all the way from home to WDW, then WDW to Port. I know there's a place outside of Downtown Disney to buy stuff... we'll see if we get there! :)

Thanks guys!

Don't worry about 'looking' for ways to spend that credit. (they'll find you!) You can even have it go toward tips by charging your tips at guest services. The credit just comes off of your final bill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter