• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shoe suggestion (with arch support)

minnie1012

DIS Veteran
Can anyone suggest a cute slip on shoe with arch support? I'm going away for a long weekend (girls trip) and it's still going to be a bit chilly so I'm looking for a slip on closed shoe. I have tried searching and I haven't come up with anything. I'm still seeing a lot of winter shoes I'm looking for something that I can wear all day that is comfortable and will look nice depending on what we wind up doing? Does that exist, cute and comfortable? lol

I really like the Spenco brand shoes for casual sandals. Excellent orthotic support built in. Zappos and QVC both carry them. Many cute styles.

I've also heard many people recommend Skechers Go Walks, but I don't have any myself.

Define "cute."

If you're willing to put in the time beforehand to break them in, Birkenstock Bostons. They're ugly as hell but sort of celebrity-chic these days.

Vionics are good. Pricey but great arch support. Sometimes it's too much for people. As for Skechers Arch Fit, they certainly have the illusion of arch support but it's really not for some reason. Take it from a person that really needs it, had foot reconstruction surgery last year, and was told to stay away from them by both my surgeon and physical therapist. They are probably fine for someone with good feet.

I love my Vionics and they have several styles that don't scream orthotic shoes. Taos also has some really cute shoes, imo, but they seem to run more narrow that other shoes. Amazon has a few knock off Vionic brands that are about 1/2 the price and decent quality, but not much variation in their design or colors.

I love my Vionics and they have several styles that don't scream orthotic shoes. Taos also has some really cute shoes, imo, but they seem to run more narrow that other shoes. Amazon has a few knock off Vionic brands that are about 1/2 the price and decent quality, but not much variation in their design or colors.
I just got a pair of Taos sneakers that are so cute! I never wear those type of sneakers because they usually don't have arch support. It was cool to find them. They don't seem to have anything for spring : ( They only have sneakers, sandals and boots. Vionic had limited items on their website too. I'll keep checking and hopefully someone will add soon! Thank you

I like the Propet Wash and Wear Walker myself. I bought my first pair before my first trip to the UK in 2005, and I loved them so much I have been buying them ever since. You can throw them in the washer, even though they are leather, but you do have to air dry them (no dryer). Mom had a white pair and they would be snowy white after a wash. Since the can get wet, they aren’t ruined if you get caught in a big rain situation (I wore mine through ankle deep water at Epcot a couple years ago, and they were good as new when they dried). I have high arches, and they give me enough support.

As far as cute, I like the look. They are a slip on, so no laces, and they don’t look as athletic as regular sneakers. You would need to Google them to see for yourself. They come in several colors, but I usually get black. I wear them everywhere.

if you have an ortho shoe store near you they may have some options in stock but i would advise that unless you have some time to get used to them you might do well to just go with something you already have experience wearing. it takes me several times of wearing even shoes that are identical to my existing arch support shoes before i've adjusted to them-if i push it and do allot of walking (like a day at the mall or several hours at multiple destinations) my feet feel fine but my gait is off and i end up with back pain.

I bought a pair of Taos shoes. Even though I have a very high arch, the arch was too high in them. I like Clarks, Sketchers (their flats are my go-to plane travel shoes), and SAS. SAS sells some cute shoes now.

I have a couple pair of Taos that I really like.
I also bought some inserts on Amazon with good arch support so I can just put them in my other shoes.

I looove Clark's. I've been meaning to try Taos and Vionics; I've seen some cute ones online.

For just around the house (they're ugly as homemade sin) try Oofos. So, so comfortable. I'm a runner with occasional problems with plantar fasciitis. The people at my running shoe store suggested Oofos as a "recovery" shoe. I took one look at them and laughed and said I am not wearing those, even just around the house. But just to humor the salesperson I slid them on my feet and ...wow...like walking on a dream. Now I wear them everywhere (except work) and just don't care how ugly they are.The great thing about the Oofos is that they treat my feet so well that I can now occasionally get away with wearing "cute but uncomfortable" shoes for short periods every now and then.

I well understand the struggle of trying to find cute but comfortable shoes for people who need more arch support. I rely mostly on Clark's for work, and it's pretty easy to find styles I like the look of, but it's harder to find comfortable shoes for "play." I'm going to be in a wedding this weekend. It's a fairly formal evening wedding, so I bought a pair of snazzy heels for the wedding itself (I'm walking a llama and an alpaca (they're carrying the rings!) down the aisle), but I'm bringing a pair of dressy sandals for dancing at the reception, and I'm also bringing my Oofos to change out of when leaving the reception because those sandals are cute but have no support. We have to make it work, right?!

I live 10 hours a day in my cute Dansko shoes for work, and then Saucony tennis shoes for play. I need the arch support and these are gold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter