Should churches change security in wake of recent events?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said before, I guess baby steps are the way to go. I don't know where to draw the line. America has more guns per citizen than any other country; the things are ingrained in her culture. It would take an almighty push to make a meaningful change. But maybe, just maybe, a tiny step? Perhaps tighter mental health screening? Or a ban on drum mags? I honestly don't know.
Oh I hear ya.

To me the biggest thing you need to do first is not find the solution but investigate the issues indepthly in order to understand how to approach getting a solution. It's also understanding that there is likely a solution out there that may not solve the issue in all places. Though that tidbit alone could help fuel different solutions to account for different areas.

Yeah I was going to bring that up earlier but didn’t feel like opening up that can of worms. I disagree. I think we can never know if it helped b/c you can’t know what didn’t happen. But, Columbine was a big deal b/c it was rare. These things aren’t rare anymore.
You mean like we can't know what didn't happen in countries where citizens are told what tools they can use to defend them selves? (actually in a lot of these places lethal self defence goes badly for the defender sadly) Or how we don't know how many rape victims would not have been victims if they were allowed to carry in that "gun free zone" ?

Yeah we don't know what didn't happen...but that's no argument we only know what happened and that is that overall the numbers were not affected.

You mean like we can't know what didn't happen in countries where citizens are told what tools they can use to defend them selves? (actually in a lot of these places lethal self defence goes badly for the defender sadly)

Yeah you don't know what didn't happen...but that's no argument we only know what happened and that is that overall the numbers were not affected.
Are you saying that we had just as many mass shootings with assault rifles or other weapons when the ban was in place?

I don't have an answer - but I found this chart (though from 2012) very interesting.
If you'll notice, that's a somewhat selective list of countries. The wider picture is a bit more complicated (gun deaths per 100K)
List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter