Should I purchase a "couples only" guide book?

ncbyrne

DIS Veteran
I have several WDW guide books. Do the "adult" or "couples" guides have enough different information to make them a worthwhile purchase?

I didn't think so - it just leaves out alot of the kids stuff - but I sometimes like the kid stuff....:o

I've never purchased one,but I have been warned against it by several people. From what I have heard the information in the "couples" books isn't that comprehensive. My guide books of choice are Passporter and the Unoffical guide. I think they compliment eachother nicely.

Melissa

We just got back from a one week stay in January. We were two adults (both in our 30's).

I bought the Passporter Guide and the Unofficial Guide. Both of which I used endlessly in planning, while we were there, and since getting back - for journalling in scrapbooks!

Both cover to some degree information for couples looking for something romantic, or parents wanting some childfree time.

I borrowed a WDW for Couples books from the library, to see if I really wanted it before I spent the money on a 3rd guide book. I didn't really find the information any better or different to the two books I already had.

So after all that, my short answer would be - no, not necessary.

I did buy the couples guidebook and love it. It is tailored more toward planning for adults. It also rates restaraunts and attractions on how romantic they are. It gives tips on some romantic things to do also. I also have passporter and the unofficial guide and for the 2 of us I actually prefer the wdw for couples book. Check it out first and then decide.

I've never bought the "adult" guides because personally, I don't think the info is all that different than the other guides that I already have. Maybe you could borrow a "couples" guide from the library or a friend? I haven't been able to find a recent enough guidebook at my library, so I just go to a bookstore with my planning notebook and read through and make a few notes on things that interest me. That way, I don't have to buy the book, but I still get info I need.

I wouldn't waste money on the OFFICIAL one but I did like Fodor's Walt Disney World for couples.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter