• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should I stay off property or stay at Disney Springs?

Now is not the time to wow anyone with a trip to Disney. Lines are long since there is no fp at this point, shows aren´t all up and running, and there are no parades or fireworks. You would be missing a lot but still paying full price.

Being a DVC owner at Saratoga, please don´t use the busses I pay for so you (everybody you) can save money without paying.
Resort bus transportation is complimentary to all ticket holders. You are indirectly paying for Magical Express. That is the only bus service that you must be staying in a Disney owned resort, doesn't even have to be DVC.

Now is not the time to wow anyone with a trip to Disney.

Ha...best line in the discussion - so many operational compromises/issues right now + lost perks you used to get by staying onsite like EMH. The deluxe USO resorts aren't cheap but you get far more value for your money there, imho. I totally get Disney fever (and have it myself), but this is a tough time to wow anyone. You're paying full price for a reduced price experience...not all of it WDW's fault...just where we are right now post-pandemic.

It's definitely still enjoyable, but with a large dose of patience and managed expectations.

We have educators discount Hilton bonnet creek in December- they do offer transportation but I’m still worried about transportation even if we did Lyft. The price is much better than value onsite - just worried we will hate transportation. We plan to go to Hollywood and magic

I agree with a previous poster, book room only and you won't have to have it paid off before you go. After you book your room you can go back in and buy your tickets. It's really easy.

Another option is to look at how much the Swan or Dolphin costs. They're nice resorts on property with Disney transportation.

I agree with a previous poster, book room only and you won't have to have it paid off before you go. After you book your room you can go back in and buy your tickets. It's really easy.

Another option is to look at how much the Swan or Dolphin costs. They're nice resorts on property with Disney transportation.

I agree but keep in mind that Swan & Dolphin don't include DME transfers, only park transportation. Nothing wrong with that but OP should calculate extra cost if comparing to prices of Disney-owned resorts.

Unless it has changed again, I would verify this. Last I saw Swan & Dolphin no longer gets Disney transportation. They now use Mears being dropped off at 3rd party parking lots, and that makes a big difference at MK being dropped at TTC.

OP- if the budget for Disney is this tight, it's almost impossible to wow anyone with all these suggestions I'm seeing,esp. after staying onsite ate Uni with the perks there. Lots of good money saving suggestions here, but you won't feel that easy vacation feel scrambling at the city bus stop for a lynx bus to get you places. (it's a good suggestion, but not for wow factor) Sounds like you're trying to get at Disney what You got at Uni, but it will cost you a lot more to do that (esp. right now) The budget for Disney will be higher,for what you're asking. That said, as noted there are ways to save at Disney, but with a different vibe than wow.

Unless it has changed again, I would verify this. Last I saw Swan & Dolphin no longer gets Disney transportation. They now use Mears being dropped off at 3rd party parking lots, and that makes a big difference at MK being dropped at TTC.
YIKES! I did not realize that. Although you could probably just walk over to one of the Disney resorts and hop on their bus. Are the boats still stopping at the Swan/Dolphin?

YIKES! I did not realize that. Although you could probably just walk over to one of the Disney resorts and hop on their bus. Are the boats still stopping at the Swan/Dolphin?
Yes, the boats still stop at S/D, and guests there do walk over to the bus stops at YC and BW. There's already grumbling on those threads about crowding on the buses, but Disney's official policy is that anyone can ride those buses no matter where they sleep at night.

OP
I think it's a wonderful idea to Wow, your husband with his first trip to WDW. But, like others have said, there are limitations this year. Also, alot of resorts are sold out. It is also the 50th celebration and will be extremely crowded, IMO. There are alot of people who want to visit at this time and also who are missing WDW and booking. I imagine it will be that way next year too.
We are skipping WDW this year. We tried to get a moderate resort months ago and there was only one room, yes only One room (and a pirate one at that) at CS, so we declined. I know more resorts will be opening up and disney is adding on fireworks, etc. so who knows?
Personally, I would much rather stay at Universal in one of their deluxes and visit WDW for a day or two. Good luck and have fun whatever you decide.

Disney's official policy is that anyone can ride those buses no matter where they sleep at night.

When I first started staying at Disney that was not the case. You had to show a card to board the bus. I think it changed with hopper (although they could limit it to park to park buses) and more table service in resorts. It wouldn't be difficult to implement again and the rate they are going of I wouldn't be surprised ... 😏 If I were at an Epcot resort and saw them us filling our buses, I would complain.

the bus drivers are the one at WDW who tell people to take the WDW buses - not Disney.
don't do the SSR buses - you would need to take one to SSR then another to the park you want to visit. - just look at a map of WDW - take the bus for the closest hotel to the park you really want to visit. It most cases you can walk to the parks - only exception is the AK - you got to take a bus to this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter