Should we switch to GFV?

disneyandme

DIS Veteran
I currently have a reservation at BLT for March. We used to stay at GF for most of our trips, until BLT opened and we could have a kitchen (DD has food allergies and it's nice to be able to cook). Should we switch over to GFV for our March trip or stay put? We currently have a 2BR lake view and would have a standard 2 BR at GFV. My biggest concern, besides the extra $, is noise.

If you have stayed at BLT before, why not try something new and book the Villas at Grand Floridian instead? I seriously doubt that noise will be an issue at VGF, at least not any more than noise can be a factor at BLT. You might find that you really like VGF and will want to stay there more often.

I agree with PP, give it a try. I don't think noise will be a factor either. We'll be trying it out in Feb.; I can't wait!

I think it's a good time to try out VGF. It will only get more difficult to book as more people buy in.

disneyandme said:
My noise concern is with the monorail passing so close.

The monorail doesn't get that close to the resort, so I wouldn't worry about that.

We're also former GFers, before we joined DVC. We added 75 pts at VGF so we could stay there again every 2-3 years again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Note2 using DISBoards

My noise concern is with the monorail passing so close.

I don't know what your sensitivity to sound is but the monorail is not a loud mode of transportation. It passes directly thru the CR without any great affect to the rooms. I've stayed in GC rooms where the monorail passes by at least as close as it will at VGF and I was not disturbed by it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter