• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should we wait to go to WDW or go now with a 3yr old?

No other advice to add as others have said it- what joy you will have taking her. Make it a family trip and go at her pace and you will all have a great time.

More importantly- congratulations on your adoption! We have 2 adopted daughters that have brought so much joy to our live, and am sure yours will do the same. Disney is a great place for families.

Your daughter will have fun! You'll have fun and get so much enjoyment watching her! We've been taking our kids since they were 2yo and 1yo. That was not too young for them!

Go! We took our daughter last year when she was 19 months. She loved every minute. But Blizzard Beach was her favorite place. She is a little fish. I thought she might be afraid of the characters but she hugged nearly everyone she seen. I are going back in Sept before she turns 3. We hope to make a yearly vacation of it. I loved watching her face light up everytime she regonized a character. She watches disney movies constantly and knows them all. I think you will have a great time. I was afraid when we went there wouldn't be much for her to do boy was I wrong.

I have to agree - GO! We went with my daughter when she was 3. She is a quiet girl and likes to check everything out - I wasn't sure how she's do but of course she LOVED IT! And definitely book the princess breakfast at the castle! The characters are sooooo kind to the children. And like everyone said, expect it to be different. I'm still laughing about it - we went in Feb, very slow time, were at the park (MK) 8 hours and only rode 5 rides - the rest of the time we got autographs. She ADORED it! Imagine George Clooney, Tom Cruise, and Brad Pitt hugging you and signing your autographs and that's where she was! She also made a picture for Minnie and gave it to her - Minnie took it from her and blew her a kiss and held it next to her heart - my daughter still brings it up. Enjoy - it'll be so different and wonderful, what great fun you'll have knowing you can bring even more magic into her life!

My first trip to WDW was when I was 3 :)

Of course I don't really remember anything about it but we have some really cute pictures of me in the Magic Kingdom. My parents remember plenty though and like to tell stories about how I acted with rides and characters. Evidently the Jungle Cruise terrified me because I thought the animals were real and they used to still shoot the gun at the hippos. The combination of all of the animals that were going to eat me and the gun shooting made me a total wreck. I had a major meltdown on the boat :o But other than the Jungle Cruise I did really good about not being scared. My parents said that I loved meeting Mickey, Baloo and other characters.

My mom also brought along a short dog leash :rolleyes: and hooked it to my belt loop on my pants so I wouldn't run away and get lost. It was before the era of the semi-socially acceptable kid leashes so she just improvised. I figure she got a lot of dirty looks but at least she made it home with me :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter