SIM card for Canadians with unlocked phones?

Virgin Mobile now has an out of country package similar to Rogers. I believe it's called Roam Sweet Roam.

They do, but it's only available if you have a certain type of plan. Otherwise you have to get their day passes.

I have Virgin Mobile and Roam Sweet Roam. Basically you can subscribe to that or opt for day passes. But at 100MB/day it might not be great for heavy data users. It's useful for me, especially if I'm getting in a day before a cruise, but for a full day in Orlando I might stick with Roam Mobility.

It's also going up to $6/day in March, fwiw.

I have Virgin Mobile and Roam Sweet Roam. Basically you can subscribe to that or opt for day passes. But at 100MB/day it might not be great for heavy data users. It's useful for me, especially if I'm getting in a day before a cruise, but for a full day in Orlando I might stick with Roam Mobility.

It's also going up to $6/day in March, fwiw.

Which service is increasing it's rates? Virgin or Roam? I have a trip coming up in May and will purchase now to avoid an increase if necessary.

That works for me! I was planning on using Roam, no price increase is good news.

Also, this is a bit concerning:
Know before you go
For security purposes, Tourist Kits must be shipped to U.S. addresses. We suggest asking friends, family or hotel management to use their address.

To keep information secure, only U.S. credit cards can be used to purchase the kit. Ask friends and family to help you, or purchase a U.S. MasterCard® or Visa® gift card.

So you can't get it until you are there, and you can't use a Canadian Visa or Mastercard. What a hassle. ROAM certainly makes all this easier!

Last time I was at MCO in December 2017, I went to the InMotion store in the airport and was able to get the T-Mobile Tourist kit through them using my Canadian credit card. They set it all up for me and took a total of about 5 minutes. Definitely worth a look if you're staying for more than ~8 days (with the current exchange rate).

After looking into the various options, for me sticking to the Rogers RLH is easiest. I keep my own phone # so family and friends are able to contact me and I can use my own plan with unlimited text, calling & 4GB data.
The only thing I don’t like is they say your roaming bill is capped at 10 days BUT roaming resets with new billing cycle. So you could have 5 days on one cycle, then 10 more days on the new cycle so you’d be charged 15 days of roaming @ $6/day. :worried: That’s the downside. Trips are rarely packaged neatly into billing cycles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter