Singles Trip to WDW in 2009 Part 2

Tours you are interested in participating in (regular or Magical Gathering ones)

• MK - Good Morning Gathering (MG) - breakfast at Tony's

• AK - Safari Celebration Dinner (MG) - end of day safari and dinner reception

• EPCOT - International Dinner & Illuminations Dessert Reception (MG)

• Magical Fireworks Voyage (MG) - Seven Seas Lagoon

• EPCOT - Around the World - Segway

• All parks - Backstage Magic

• EPCOT - Dolphins In Depth

• MK - Keys To The Kingdom

• MK - Magic Behind Our Steam Trains

• MK - Mickey's Magical Milestones

• EPCOT - The Undiscovered Future World

• AK - Wild By Design

Results are only viewable after voting.
So sorry for ger family. I don't know why the good die young.
Just shows how life is so short so all remember to hug your loved ones and tell them how you love them.

Patty

I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers for Jen and her family... I still have not heard from her mom. She now also is going to have to get the children ready for school which is about to start up in Canada. As soon as I do I will let you know about mailing anything to them. She has sent messages back, just not ready to answer about mailing etc.

Here is some info though that people can do if they would like: "Thanks for your email and your offer, we would be happy to take a donation in Jen's name and make sure it goes to something that she and the kids were passionate about, elephants, dolphins, etc.

We take checks by mail:
Disney Worldwide Conservation Fund
P.O. Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL, 32830.

We can send a letter to whoever to let them know of your gift, Barbara, the kids, just let us know."

If you chose to do that, then include a letter/note that this is in memory of Jennifer Rawlings.

I am also going to do a brick at Disneyland. The infomation hasn't gotten in yet. I am probably going to do a followup call. If anyone wants to participate in that, you are welcome to. It will depend on how many others want to chip into that.

I am going to still do the trip (DL thread link in my siggy)... but more importantly, I am still planning to do the 2 Kingdoms in a day, that Jen and I had planned. Her son has shown interest in going and doing this in her memory. That is something to talk with Barbara about... to see what can be done.

I just want to thank Minnie&Nana, PirateMel, Bill Brown, DisneydadNY, cdn_ears, boundforddisney, CaptJackSparrowsGirl, MaHorn, Connorsmom911, Rebecca06261, JDUCKY, mommyoftwinfants, dizmom0923, jadedbeauty14304, dismem98, pdchris, momlady, disneyfanx3, carrieannew, comickey, AuntieL, ttester9612, ahoff, GIR_Prototype, nurse.darcy, tawasdave, buena vista, moremickeyforme, cinrell, valree, katydidbug1, black562, can84, libertybell7, and DFD.

I got information on the bricks at DL... less expensive than those at WDW. They are $150 each. There is an option for replicas to have as a keepsake.

PM me if you are going to do this and please understand, I will not spot anyone money on this. If you say you are going to do this, then I would appreciate your commitment, as others have said they would send money for something and never did. If you can't afford it, it is okay.

I have been trying to plan a girls' weekend for my birthday in October, and have not been able to find anyone to solidly commit, when suddenly, I happened upon a group of travelers who already had a trip planned that coincided with my dates...

Can I join your excursion?

Is it possible to find a roommate or two for part of my stay? If not, I understand, and will go it alone, but would like to cut costs, and am willing to bring an airmattress, if needed. I would like to stay at the BWI or BWV, but am not picky about that...

I am planning on arriving late the 21st(W) or early the 22nd(Th) and leaving early on the 26th(M).

Sha has informed me that you already have ADR's and I probably can't join in, and that is fine...I have some of my own made already...but I would like to join in mnsshp...

Here is some personal info...I am 40, female, married, but dh doesn't like Disney, with 4 kids...I am from the upper midwest. I am easygoing, have a good sense of humor, and get along with pretty much anyone. I will hang out with you if you want, but don't have to be with you 24/7...

I took a cruise with 15 internet friends from across the US and Can. in Feb. and shared a cabin with 2 ppl I had never met before, and we are all still friends and talk daily via internet, and have plans to get together periodically in smaller groups...we are also planning a trip to Vegas next year to reconnect...They just are not into Disney llike I am...

Please pm me with any info or leave me a message here, either way...I look forward to getting to know you all...I have been lurking/ joining in a few chats for about a month now, and feel at home here...it is very warm and inviting!

Elise:tinker:

I have been trying to plan a girls' weekend for my birthday in October, and have not been able to find anyone to solidly commit, when suddenly, I happened upon a group of travelers who already had a trip planned that coincided with my dates...

Can I join your excursion?

Is it possible to find a roommate or two for part of my stay? If not, I understand, and will go it alone, but would like to cut costs, and am willing to bring an airmattress, if needed. I would like to stay at the BWI or BWV, but am not picky about that...

I am planning on arriving late the 21st(W) or early the 22nd(Th) and leaving early on the 26th(M).

Sha has informed me that you already have ADR's and I probably can't join in, and that is fine...I have some of my own made already...but I would like to join in mnsshp...

Here is some personal info...I am 40, female, married, but dh doesn't like Disney, with 4 kids...I am from the upper midwest. I am easygoing, have a good sense of humor, and get along with pretty much anyone. I will hang out with you if you want, but don't have to be with you 24/7...

I took a cruise with 15 internet friends from across the US and Can. in Feb. and shared a cabin with 2 ppl I had never met before, and we are all still friends and talk daily via internet, and have plans to get together periodically in smaller groups...we are also planning a trip to Vegas next year to reconnect...They just are not into Disney llike I am...

Please pm me with any info or leave me a message here, either way...I look forward to getting to know you all...I have been lurking/ joining in a few chats for about a month now, and feel at home here...it is very warm and inviting!

Elise:tinker:

If there are any openings for ADRs that you might have a possible place for Elise that would be nice. Since I didnt make any ADRs.... I didnt feel right saying come on anyways....

Elise I will check on something and get back to you....

My ADRs are for Fri 23rd at Raglan Road 5:20 for 2 ppl and Sat 24th at Teppan Edo at 7:20 for 2... That is all I have done...I didn't plan to do the dining plan yet, but will if need be...

My ADRs are for Fri 23rd at Raglan Road 5:20 for 2 ppl and Sat 24th at Teppan Edo at 7:20 for 2... That is all I have done...I didn't plan to do the dining plan yet, but will if need be...

I made a few for small groups... am going to see what numbers I have as some seats are taken (including you dizmom2mwjk)...

I still do not have any hotel ressies...I am waiting to see if I can get cheap rates from my neice who is a CM (but lives in Minneapolis, so we are working out some bugs), or a roommate, and dh is hassling me about some issues, but I usually can convince him, so I am 80% sure I am coming, but have not made hotel or plane ressies just in case. Once I am confirmed from my neice, I will start looking hard core for rooms, which should be by this weekend. I really wish I had a dh who was a dizfreak like me...LOL! Guess that's why I'm going solo! :rotfl:

I went ahead and paid for Jen's brick today (Friday, 28th August 2009). I received a call back from Disneyland and they have already given me the ID number for the brick. It is C02-635. I will get a confirmation in 3 weeks, and 10 weeks from that I will have the replicas. The brick will be placed in February 2010. The area is between Disneyland and California Adventure.

Thank you all who chipped in for this brick. The extra that is left over is going to the DWCF in Jen's name. It will be above $250 that we are sending there. You guys are awesome and I know you did this for an awesome friend who always made us smile. Thanks again!

Shout to all of you: DisneydadNY, Piratemel, Cinrell, Valree, Disneyfanx3, connorsmom911, Black562, Buena vista, MoreMickeyForMe, Cdn Ears, Auntie L., TTester9612, katydidbug1, ahoff, comickey, can84, mahorn, DFD, Rebecca06261, NH_Bubba and Minnie&Nana.

I went ahead and paid for Jen's brick today (Friday, 28th August 2009). I received a call back from Disneyland and they have already given me the ID number for the brick. It is C02-635. I will get a confirmation in 3 weeks, and 10 weeks from that I will have the replicas. The brick will be placed in February 2010. The area is between Disneyland and California Adventure.

Thank you all who chipped in for this brick. The extra that is left over is going to the DWCF in Jen's name. It will be above $250 that we are sending there. You guys are awesome and I know you did this for an awesome friend who always made us smile. Thanks again!

Shout to all of you: DisneydadNY, Piratemel, Cinrell, Valree, Disneyfanx3, connorsmom911, Black562, Buena vista, MoreMickeyForMe, Cdn Ears, Auntie L., TTester9612, katydidbug1, ahoff, comickey, can84, mahorn, DFD, Rebecca06261, NH_Bubba and Minnie&Nana.

Thanks Sha all your efforts are greatly appreciated.. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter