Singles who are for the "Love Of Disney"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Tonya. . .

Thanks!!!

Welcome Tonya!! I love getting the LGMH for some reason. I feel like sometimes I should have on a trenchcoat and sunglasses, because I take so many! LOL I know there is nothing wrong with taking them, and that is what they are there for blah blah blah, but it feels so bad that it feels good!! :goodvibes :goodvibes

:welcome: :welcome:

Tonya, Glad to have you on board. I forgot about the LGMH at Home Depot. Have to put them on my list. :)

I love getting LGMH - it feels like I am on a covert mission. After entering the store and approaching the Disney paint center, I first make sure the paint guy isn't paying too much attention to me and then make sure there aren't any other customers near me. (The whole time spy movie music is imaginarily playing in my head.) And then I start the sly hand movements of picking up the Mickey paint chips. (I don't limit myself to just LGMH. I do lots of crafty things with the Mikcy heads. I have lots of Mickey punches but none are as big as the Home Depot Mickey heads. And I am always very careful to make sure I leave enough paint chips for other DISsers or real customers.) To make sure I am still retaining my LGMH stealth stealing skills, I even look at the Mickey heads like I am actually looking at the paint colors and trying to decide if it will match another paint color - like I am actually going to really paint something. :rotfl2:

Then once I get a good stack, I carefully slip them all into my purse. Then to make sure it looks like I am a real customer I look at a few real paint chips and take a few of those just to stay stealth. Then I walk down the aisle toward the middle of the store - all the while thinking I am very clever and noone has suspected that I have a giant stack of Mickey head paint chips in my purse. Then I go look at kitchen appliances and dream of upgrading my kitchen. Hmmmm, I think I need to get a life. :lmao:

Anyways - here is a picture of my Pop room window from December. I just love the whole planning process. :banana:
CIMG0353.jpg

Hi, Jasmine..Glad to see you are still around. I didn't know that you worked as a CM and the Jasmine character. that is so cool.
That's ok, but I did put it in my tag. I guess nobody really reads those except me. I've seen the funniest tag lines put under the dis names. Wish I was still a seasonal casts member to get 50% resort rooms and 30%-40% off merchandise and 50% off dinner shows. I always get emails to come back but with what they pay, I couldn't afford to live off those pennies. I have looked into furnished digs but no luck.

Thanks!!!

I love getting LGMH - it feels like I am on a covert mission. After entering the store and approaching the Disney paint center, I first make sure the paint guy isn't paying too much attention to me and then make sure there aren't any other customers near me. (The whole time spy movie music is imaginarily playing in my head.) And then I start the sly hand movements of picking up the Mickey paint chips. (I don't limit myself to just LGMH. I do lots of crafty things with the Mikcy heads. I have lots of Mickey punches but none are as big as the Home Depot Mickey heads. And I am always very careful to make sure I leave enough paint chips for other DISsers or real customers.) To make sure I am still retaining my LGMH stealth stealing skills, I even look at the Mickey heads like I am actually looking at the paint colors and trying to decide if it will match another paint color - like I am actually going to really paint something. :rotfl2:

Then once I get a good stack, I carefully slip them all into my purse. Then to make sure it looks like I am a real customer I look at a few real paint chips and take a few of those just to stay stealth. Then I walk down the aisle toward the middle of the store - all the while thinking I am very clever and noone has suspected that I have a giant stack of Mickey head paint chips in my purse. Then I go look at kitchen appliances and dream of upgrading my kitchen. Hmmmm, I think I need to get a life. :lmao:

That's funny:lmao: because I just boldy go and get 5 or 6 of each and every mickey paint chip and walk out with them in my hane for anyone to see. Nobody ever says anything. They are free and at my home depot the were stacked with loads of them. So there was plenty left for anyone else who wanted them.

I am more like Jasmine, I just grab and go and really don't care who sees or who doesn't. . .oh well. . .they may think I am wierd but I don't care. . .

That's funny:lmao: because I just boldy go and get 5 or 6 of each and every mickey paint chip and walk out with them in my hane for anyone to see. Nobody ever says anything. They are free and at my home depot the were stacked with loads of them. So there was plenty left for anyone else who wanted them.

I am more like Jasmine, I just grab and go and really don't care who sees or who doesn't. . .oh well. . .they may think I am wierd but I don't care. . .

:lmao: Ohhhh I know the Home Depot doesn't care if I take them. But something in me still makes me have to pretend I am not taking an adnormally large amount of paint chips. So, since I have "issues", I make it a"Mission Impossible" adventure to add to the fun. Call me crazy. :rotfl:

But now that I have mentioned all this and since my next trip is only a few weeks away, I think I need to drive out to the Home Depot this afternoon. But this time I think I will try to follow your leads and just walk in and grab and go. (Okay, I will probably keep my sunglasses on. Baby steps, people - baby step.) :cool1:

Thanks!!!

Anyways - here is a picture of my Pop room window from December. I just love the whole planning process. :banana:
CIMG0353.jpg

Awesome decorations - I have several Mickey punches and never though of using the cutouts to decorate the windows - Great Idea!
You are very crafty!

I'll have to admit that it did cross my mind what people who did see me withthem thought llike "What is she going to do with all those paint chips?" or "Isn't that a little weird". I didn't care but just wondered what people think about. Enjoy your mission Tonya:dance3: What's it called?

Awesome decorations - I have several Mickey punches and never though of using the cutouts to decorate the windows - Great Idea! You are very crafty!
You can also find window cling paper at staples and make you own. Some brands stick only once and aren't removable, but they do have some that specifically say "removable" on the packaging. They run thru a normal color printer. I have never tried this but I hang out on the Disigners forums and have learned about a lot of decorating ideas and tricks:thumbsup2

Okay now I gotta work on decorations for May. I have never done this and now I want to. Hmmmm, gotta put my head in the game. . .lol

Hello,
I am 42 (almost 43) Divorced Female from MA whose first trip to Disney was for her honeymoon. I was instantly hooked - but did not return for another 11 years, and have been there every year since.

I would say I am a 10+ on the scale - you should see my house - Mickey is everywhere and I LOVE IT!

Glad to see that your join us Mel...Cant' wait until May..

Okay, for those going in May, Is anyone doing the P and PP on Friday the 16th. I want to do this but hope that others will do it as well. . .

:lmao: Ohhhh I know the Home Depot doesn't care if I take them. But something in me still makes me have to pretend I am not taking an adnormally large amount of paint chips. So, since I have "issues", I make it a"Mission Impossible" adventure to add to the fun. Call me crazy. :rotfl:

But now that I have mentioned all this and since my next trip is only a few weeks away, I think I need to drive out to the Home Depot this afternoon. But this time I think I will try to follow your leads and just walk in and grab and go. (Okay, I will probably keep my sunglasses on. Baby steps, people - baby step.) :cool1:

Hey Tonya, I would call it the "Disney Adventure" :rotfl:

That would be so cool to see all those going in May with their POP doors and windows decorated. :yay:

Ok - I guess I better get working on a plan - you all have convinced me to decorate this time:cool1: - I guess I will start with a trip to HOme depot this weekend - I have no problem going into Home Depot to get the paint chips - its even easier if I have the kids as they take a lot of them everytime we go :)

Ok - I guess I better get working on a plan - you all have convinced me to decorate this time:cool1: - I guess I will start with a trip to HOme depot this weekend - I have no problem going into Home Depot to get the paint chips - its even easier if I have the kids as they take a lot of them everytime we go :)

Training little agents for Mickey Head acquiring duties, I see. :rotfl: :upsidedow

I am just like you. I try to be calm, cool and collected... with my shades on... I stand at the paint swatch counters for a looong time pretending like I am looking at even other brands of green paint before acting like "Eureka! I found it!" and taking my stack of LGMH and slipping them into my purse. Then I paste on a huge smile and saunter out the door.

Hehe you joke but this year mine is only going once and I'll probably go 3 or 4 times hehe.

Did you get an AP?

I did not get an annual pass, only because I am not sure what that will do to my reservation for August that I have. I have it booked through a AAA TA because I wanted a package with dining, and a AAA discount. But I haven't tried to figure out if an AP discount would be a better deal with paying for dining OOP.

Any thoughts? I have not bought any tickets for May yet because I have been going over and over this in my head not sure what to do. And I think I know more than my AAA TA. She is nice, but not a Disney expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter