Sister Selfie A Day Keeps the Magic Alive! March 2014 TR with Sis and Friends! 5/27x1

Hi Rachel, I'm enjoying your trip report!

I was curious about what you meant about not seeing the house for ETWB? Do you mean the part where the mirror opens up?

We ended up not seeing Fantasmic either our last trip. Definitely plan on seeing it next trip!!
Enjoy it! It is a good once every other trip show.
Oh wow, when you walked in and took that picture of the practically empty bleachers, I was literaly in shock. I figured it had to be a later start.

Were the ears actually $35 or was that a mis-type? I ask because I only paid $25 in December so I'm wondering if they jacked the price. And yeah, they ARE heavy.

Ah I love Fantasmic! I don't even mind waiting once I actually have a seat. I don't like the standing around outside though.
I didn't mis type it but I probably am wrong. I have a bad memory, lol! You are probably right! I tried to look for my receipt but I couldn't find it.
I don't mind waiting either. It was actually fun to sit and wait. I just wish they had backs on the benches, now that would be comfy.
Hey girl! I just found out you had a new TR and read the whole thing! I'm really enjoying it. You and your sister are so cute!

That story about the military dad is the sweetest thing!
Hi! Glad you are here. I know, isn't it! I was crying.
Ha ha! I was wondering why the theater was so empty 15 min before the show. :laughing: You made good use of your time while waiting. Did they give you an AP discount for the ears? At DL they had an entire section reserved for the glow with the show ears people.

You have great photos of Fantasmic! I haven't seen the show since 2010 at DHS. I'm thinking we're overdue for that show. I would have been teary eyed too for the post deployed guy. How awesome that people acknowledged his service.
Yes, they did give me a discount. I might have had the price wrong though. There definitely wasn't an entire section for these, they were all over the place. I am excited to see the ears in disneyland.

Hi Rachel, I'm enjoying your trip report!

I was curious about what you meant about not seeing the house for ETWB? Do you mean the part where the mirror opens up?
Hi!

No, you see the mirror opening but you don't get to walk through Maurice's cottage, so we missed a couple of the cute things in the cottage but thankfully you do see the mirror open up!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

After Enchanted Tales with belle it was time to explore the rest of New Fantasyland!

I had to go the bathroom first and while inside I saw a girl who had BRIGHT RED legs! They were fried. She must have spent the entire day before outside on her stomach because they looked painful. I seriously was in pain just looking at her.

When I came out I realized that a line was forming for Gaston. He was a must do character meet so I waited in line. There were only a few people in front of us.

Soon it was our turn and it was probably the best character meet and greet ever! He was amazing and made us laugh soo hard!

I don't even remember what he said but we died!

Then we asked him to do a video for our cousins Gracie and Brandon. He gave us the best video out of all the characters. it was hilarious. He went on and on in the video to my cousins with no wavering!! I applaud this Gaston!

After laughing our butts off I wanted to look around in the village store. I ended up buying a mug that says Be Our Guest. I love this mug!

I found some artwork I LOVE!

Would totally by this stained glass portrait if it wasn't so expensive

On our way out to the Ariel ride we saw the new mine train being tested! Soo cool! I can't wait till it opens. I took a video of it.

We headed to the ariel ride and I was really hoping the line wouldn't be long because we had a fastpass to meet ariel at 12:40.

I liked this new king triton statue!

It was still gray outside but getting progressively bluer.

Luckily the wait was only 20 minutes or so so off it was to ride Under the Sea!

I meant to comment on this before but I didn't! Too many reports to keep track of lol

I love that you got to take this trip with your sister, it was probably so special to you both.

It's great that the bus driver saw you and stopped!It doesn't happen often that you catch those buses. Thanks for sharing your experience with getting FPs for ETWB, it is so cute and I was thinking about possibly getting a FP for it. There seems to be a lot of great Gaston CMs, I love how interactive they always are.

I also love your mug! That is one souvenir I've been buying myself every trip the last little while.

Hats so funny that the mayor knew about Tony Packos! DH & I were just talking about going over there since I just finished off the jar of Packos Sweet Hots!

I love the pics with Gaston! You guys look like you were having a great time with.

We were walking briskly through the line but tried to take some photos!

Pretty girl!

I am not sure if I have mentioned this before but Jessica is a HUGE ariel fan!! It is by far her favorite princess. So needless to say she was incredibly excited to ride this.

Jessica had her iphone ready and was snapping pictures (with her flash off of course). Unfortunately the lady in the shell next to us was snapping away with her DSLR with the flash on! So annoying when people do that!!! Definitely my #1 disney pet peeve.

I really love when you go "under water" in this ride.

Next it was time to get another dose of the Little Mermaid and it was time for our fastpass to meet Ariel! This put Jessica's excitement into a whole new level. She was so excited to meet her.

With our fastpass we got right in!

This was THE BEST ariel I have ever seen. She was absolutely amazing!!!!

We then asked her to take a video for our cousins and it was absolutely perfect. And so long! I was so thankful for her because it was the best video ever. You can watch it on the video if you want to see it!

And here is the perfect Ariel. So beautiful!

I haven't met him, but I have watched that particular Gaston many times, and he really is a treat. The smile is bang on.

OK...

wd057wdw201407153202940_zps9ebf8ad8.jpeg

This picture KILLS ME!!!! Just a perfect capture.

I meant to comment on this before but I didn't! Too many reports to keep track of lol

I love that you got to take this trip with your sister, it was probably so special to you both.

It's great that the bus driver saw you and stopped!It doesn't happen often that you catch those buses. Thanks for sharing your experience with getting FPs for ETWB, it is so cute and I was thinking about possibly getting a FP for it. There seems to be a lot of great Gaston CMs, I love how interactive they always are.

I also love your mug! That is one souvenir I've been buying myself every trip the last little while.
I like my mug until I noticed today that the design is coming off! Grrr!

I was pleasantly surprised the bus driver stopped! You are right- it doesn't happen often.

Gaston!!!! I want to meet him so bad! His faces just crack me up!
He is so funny!!
Hats so funny that the mayor knew about Tony Packos! DH & I were just talking about going over there since I just finished off the jar of Packos Sweet Hots!

I love the pics with Gaston! You guys look like you were having a great time with.
I know, isn't that funny? I wonder how he knows about it.
Great update :thumbsup2
Thanks!!
I haven't met him, but I have watched that particular Gaston many times, and he really is a treat. The smile is bang on.

OK...

This picture KILLS ME!!!! Just a perfect capture.
Haha, i know! I love Ariel's face and Jessica is starstruck!
All caught up and can't wait to read more!
Glad you joined :) More coming up soon!

Up until this point the park was really slow! That little bit of rain in the morning scared everyone away. I loved it.

Our next stop was Dumbo and Storybook Circus!

Now that I rode Dumbo once I am addicted. It is so fun to act like a little kid on Dumbo! Luckily for us the wait was only 10 minutes! We forgoed the pager and just stood in line. I think the ride went around twice before it was our turn.

After Dumbo it was time to meet Minnie and Daisy! The line was non existent for Goofy and Donald but Minnie and Daisy had about a 10 minute wait. There were the cutest little girls in line who were playing with each other and having fun.

Daisy was up first! I tried to get her to take a video but she basically just read Jessica's mind with the glass ball.

Minnie was up next! I just love her costume here. Pink is my favorite color! And I love the sparkles.

Then we did the loop and met up with Goofy and Donald.

Donald was very mad about my mickey mouse shirt!

It was pretty close to our tea time at the grand floridian and we had some time to kill so we went to look at the rapunzel section!

sky was getting blue!

Jessica, like all of us, was confused why there are just bathrooms there!?

What better time to get a citrus swirl than before tea? We headed to adventureland next where I got a yummy citus swirl.

Orange Bird makes me happy

So do citrus swirls. Even if they are melty.

After citrus swirl we rode the Pooh ride. We got stuck at the end for about a minute which allowed me to take a good picture of Pooh! My favorite scene. This dark ride is one of my favorites!

Then we witnessed the funny fantasyland performers! I have never seen them before but they had props and were interacting with guests. It was so funny. We actually saw the girl get into a stroller and sit in the stroller! Oh my gosh, I was dying!!!

then the knight started pushing her around! LOL!

Of course I had to take my picture with them!

After this it was time to head to Grand Floridian to have a proper tea!

Love reading your report! I remember you from 1 of your other reports, I think it was the 1 where you were starting a new job. Anyhow, we were in Disney around the same time, some of our days overlapped. We got there 3/14 and stayed till 3/21. :-)
Was this your 1st time at a deluxe? AKL looks so beautiful. We have yet to stay deluxe. Maybe next trip!!
Looks like you had a great trip with your sister!! And thank you for posting about that ornament. Next time we are there, I am going to look for it. Would be perfect to hang in my car, that way I can look at it year round.

I know, isn't that funny? I wonder how he knows about it.

I know that Jamie Farr used to talk about it on MASH or maybe from their products at some groceries stores:confused3 or BECAUSE THEY'RE THE BEST PICKLES EVER :rotfl2:!

I'm very interested in hearing about your tea!

did someone say cheesy potatoes?!

13728438423_17791d61af_z.jpg

i love me some cheesy potatoes...in fact,the cheesy potatoes at akershus is my favorite breakfast food in all of disney. they are absolutely amazing. we did not make it to akershus this trip (we were there in january) but i was happy to have chef mickey's as a substitute. they are no where near as good but they are satisfying.

apologies for not contributing much to this thread...i've had 2 disney trips since march & then life got in the way.

13728097443_1dc58a142e.jpg

i love our group shot! hands down way better than the abomination of a picture that was taken by the photog at chef mickey's.

i like the breakfast buffet at chef mickey's. it's a bit expensive but the food itself is pretty good and fresh. what i don't like is when all the characters come at you at one time. emme looses all focus on eating and then i feel rushed to get pictures..by the time i get to my food, it's cold. other then that, i love it at chef mickey's. breakfast is hands down better than dinner.

13728286315_dd59893c76.jpg

mickey waffle

13728155403_5c628b930d.jpg

selfies with all the characters.

after breakfast, we headed over to magic kingdom for a few hours.

13728525014_d1df1dc3d8.jpg

walt, minnie & emmebear!

we made a visit to our friend, mickey mouse.

14292861812_2aecf2dee0_z.jpg

mickey said he was emme's prince....aaaaaaaaaaaw!

we headed over to new fantasyland...conquered every ride emme wanted to ride and then we went to say hi to minnie & daisy.

13728501914_6078603573.jpg

14108182788_504bc973b3_z.jpg

then went under the sea...

13728497304_d8e857bb50.jpg

ursula gets no respect!

13728503614_1baa1f6b54.jpg

king triton was new so we had to get a picture!

after all the fun, emme decided it was time for her to take a nap:

13728102675_5dcb0ff9fe.jpg

and this was the perfect time for me to head over to epcot to indulge in flower & garden. i love my kid (so much!) but it's always nice when there is quiet time so i can drink and stuff my face in peace. it's like the ultimate disney fantasy come true for me.

13728359823_368cdf7a42_z.jpg

13728321165_3217211168_z.jpg

i love epcot but epcot is so much more awesome during festival time. the flowers were so breathtakingly beautiful...it was a perfect day...not too hot but not too cold. and my kid was asleep so i was very excited to partake in the food and drinks.

13728100605_044e45b809_z.jpg

i asked the photog for a magic shot photo & i got this:

14108161299_d3e116b0ef_z.jpg

tinkerbell wings! so cute!!

i made my way towards world showcase and i had to stop by and play some soccer with goofy...it is world cup season!

14315027523_1c68f6d34e_z.jpg

14108201660_78b16b75d4_z.jpg

emme was knocked out for about 2.5 hours (yes, that is an epic nap) so i pretty much ate what i wanted to eat & drink until i felt like i was going to explode.

here are some photo highlights (or what i randomly uploaded..ha ha)

13728368343_d63d1110dd_z.jpg

13613939503_431013feec_z.jpg

13613925543_08b246e12b_z.jpg

one of the best snacks in all of epcot!

topiary time:

13613948295_e71eb7ca58_z.jpg

13728512094_79161319f0_z.jpg

13728589694_104c6ff8de_z.jpg

13728517124_f3f35d1a51_z.jpg

13728513554_1624956257_z.jpg

i was enjoying my time as emme slept & i continued by blissful silence until she awoke.

more soon!

thanks for letting me contribute rachel!!

Rachel, your interaction with Gaston sounds like a blast. 12th March was our first Disney day (having arrived the night before) and we got pretty damp over at Animal Kingdom that morning - but you are right, it kept people away and the park seemed so quiet.

Looking forward to reading about your tea.

Sorry all! I have gotten majorly behind on this! I still plan to finish but it might be modified.

I don't know how I missed this TR until now --- but I'm glad I found it!! enjoying everything so far!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter