Sitting at the bar (downstairs) at Lamplight Lounge

ten6mom

DIS Veteran
Hi all- can someone tell me what the current method is if my husband and I wanted to sit at the bar at LL? I feel like the days where you could just walk in and sit there are long gone, but we have never actually tried.

We do not have a dining reservation- I see on the app they have a "join walkup waitlist" option but I'm not sure that would work for the bar.

Thanks for any assistance!

During my solo trip in January I had a reservation at Lamplight and was sat at the bar. I was next to another solo traveler who also had a reservation. We had a nice chat. :)

I know that's just one experience, but wanted to let you share. I wouldn't assume they seat at the bar for walk ins only.
However, I imagine if you requested the bar that would not be too much of an ask. Most folks prefer a table.

We had a lunch reservation for 4 once, and they tried to seat us at the bar. That would have been ok (not optimal since having a conversation down a bar is difficult for a party of 4), but two of our party were our DDs (ages 16 and 14 at the time). When they started walking us to the bar, I asked if they were allowed to sit at the bar. They looked alarmed and said “NO!”. In that case, I wish that you could specify the composition of your party when checking in for your reservation on the app (they do ask adults and kids, but “kids” are only 10 and under at Disney, so our party is 4 “adults”). We were moved to a table, but the inside server seemed a little miffed. Maybe she was upset that the person checking us in upstairs didn’t indicate there were teens in the party?

All that is to say that I think it is easiest to get a bar seat, rather than a table at LL due to many families that have kids and therefore must sit at a table.

I would keep looking for a reservation because sometimes they don’t offer walk ups or the walk up list says it is full. Many people cancel even the day of, since the new policy allows that, so you hopefully can get something. There are free dining alert sites you can sign up for also. Have fun!

We requested a seat at the bar twice. Once we sat on the inside and once we were sat on the outside. Both were fantastic. We had burgers and a few cocktails. The bartender was great. The view was excellent. We did prefer the inside because we could see the WOC bay and the fun wheel. Either is great though. You'll have a great time.

We requested a seat at the bar twice. Once we sat on the inside and once we were sat on the outside. Both were fantastic. We had burgers and a few cocktails. The bartender was great. The view was excellent. We did prefer the inside because we could see the WOC bay and the fun wheel. Either is great though. You'll have a great time.
Any idea what the view was from the outside? It seems like it may have been Incredicoaster and the bay last time we went there, but that was back when it was still Ariel's so it's been a while and I could be wrong.

Any idea what the view was from the outside? It seems like it may have been Incredicoaster and the bay last time we went there, but that was back when it was still Ariel's so it's been a while and I could be wrong.
The view is the same. The bay and incredicoaster. And on a nice warm day it's just lovely!

I had a reservation for just me back in January and was seated at the bar on the inside. So, making a reservation or trying to join the walk-up list might be your only options there. Worst case scenario you just ask the hostess outside when you are in the park and they may have some insight as to when you could potentially get a seat. It never hurts to ask!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter