six hour wait for flights of passage this weekend????

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good ride but to me the best parts of Animal Kingdom aren't Flight of Passage or Pandora. It's the street entertainment and the walking trails. No lines for those.

As for Universal, when I went last winter Forbidden Journey was posting 4 hour waits so it's not like these excessive wait times are unique to Disney.
the difference is that FoP having multiple hour wait times is the norm, FJ having a line longer than 1.5 hours is not. Currently FoP is at +4 hours FJ is at 75 minutes.
I have been an AP for all 3 major theme parks in Orlando for quite some time, Universal is a way more relaxed experience, are there lines? sure but not unbearable. And for headliners like FJ with an amazing queue 1.5 hours can be easily done. FoP also has a pretty interesting queue but not entertaining for 4 hours

I wonder how many people saw that thing and thought it was a 3 hour wait, not really doing the math in their head correctly

this happens all the time. I'm walking around and hear people say "oh it's an hour and 30 minutes" when in fact it says 130 minutes. People get vacation brain the minute they step inside the parks :D

The teacher in me goes, no, no, no! :rotfl2:Please go back and read my reply on page one. ::yes::

Disney is amazingly popular and the only way to manage the demand is to increase prices (to keep some people away, like yourself unfortunately) and/or to expand the parks and increase capacity (Pandora/TSL/SWGE + others in the works at Epcot and MK).

:cool:
It isnt the price as much as the crowds and declining customer service that makes us not want to go back. Several issues were a problem during our Dec visit ( I wont go into specifics here) and we finally hit our tolerance level. The last few trips we have stayed at BC to take some of the stress off (we love EPCOT). But now even that doesnt work. I use to hate for our Disney vacations to end and was really sad the last day. This Dec we couldnt wait for the week to end and get back home. I think its time we take a break for awhile and look at it again in about 5 years.

I hear what you’re saying. The prices are just so out of line, especially the deluxe resort rates.

Unfortunately, Disney does not care and will not miss you. There are plenty of others coming along that pay and will continue to pay. Not saying that to sound mean but it’s the harsh reality of how Disney runs their business. They’ve found ways to increase the spending threshold for people - DAH, dessert parties, holiday events, marathons.

It’s almost like punishing yourself if you don’t go. You’re not punishing them. You’ll need to decide if it’s worth missing out.
I have no desire to punish Disney, and I certainly dont think I am punishing myself. The only people getting punished are the ones in the 6 hour line.

It isnt the price as much as the crowds and declining customer service that makes us not want to go back. Several issues were a problem during our Dec visit ( I wont go into specifics here) and we finally hit our tolerance level. The last few trips we have stayed at BC to take some of the stress off (we love EPCOT). But now even that doesnt work. I use to hate for our Disney vacations to end and was really sad the last day. This Dec we couldnt wait for the week to end and get back home. I think its time we take a break for awhile and look at it again in about 5 years.
I have some concern myself that Disney is taking its eye off the ball and taking customers for granted more than they have in the past. This can lead to declining service. I saw it at Disneyland last summer myself. They mishandled multiple things that normally Disney does not mishandle. I got a sense that way upper management (at corporate) was making similar mistakes to what Disney had in the past.

I agree with the PP that Disney is in the envious position of being able to raise prices and still have attendance growth. Their product is in high demand. It is a good problem to have if you are Disney.

After last summer's experience I was ready to take a break like you. So I get that part. I am not sure what Disney is supposed to do. Increasing prices is about the only thing they can do to control attendance. There is no good excuse for diminished customer service. One bad excuse is that the labor market is tight and Disney may be stretched to find quality employees. Hence diminished service.

:cool:

As someone else mentioned, if there were more headliner rides in each park, they could manage the lines and crowds better. But they keep adding hotels and upping prices without adding value to the premium attraction. Galaxy's Edge will have, what, 2 more rides? Toy Story Land encompassed an existing ride and added 2, one of which is a fair ride dressed up to be something. But to get that and Galaxy's Edge, they took down a huge park of the park that had drawn guests.

It's not like they don't have the land. But they've parceled off 4 parks that are small instead of maybe making 2 or 3 that are larger. Oh, and why does AK have those bridge bottlenecks? It looks good on a paper map, but in actuality, it makes the park feel closed in.

Went back after I posted and it now says 180 minutes. App glitch or ... ?
I'd rather ride 6 other rides with a one-hour wait than wait 6 hours for FOP. That's purely hypothetical though, my max wait time is 25 minutes.
We we’re in AK on Monday. We had a FP for Avatar, but noticed the wait time was 3 hours, Navi was 95 minutes. It was very crowded, the most in all the times I’ve ever been. Every ride had a long wait: safaris-105 minutes, Everest/Dinosaur/even Whirl all long waits. Kali was out of service- so a major ride out of commission-plus a holiday crowd. There were some unfamiliar visitors who were unhappy about the lines and being shut out of FP.

We had a little issue and got two extra FP, so we’re able to get through our day pretty smoothly but the lines were daunting everywhere. Trails were packed too. It was a sea of people...

Last edited:
Very interesting discussion, bottom line for me, no way no how I would wait 6 or even 2 hrs for any ride. Screens make me a bit queasy so I might just bypass this whole area when we go.

Interesting post. Our stay at BC has been, let’s say, less than magical too. We’ve had two things here, and something at AK that occurred on this trip - also won’t go into but... we actually complained this time. This is something I would never have thought to do in the past at WDW- but 2 of the 3 things angered one or both of us (DH and I) to the point where we pointed out that we are paying enough for this trip that we expect the service/quality to be on par with the cost. In all three instances our concerns were addressed- but the underlying issues are what we have a problem with.

As someone else mentioned, if there were more headliner rides in each park, they could manage the lines and crowds better. But they keep adding hotels and upping prices without adding value to the premium attraction. Galaxy's Edge will have, what, 2 more rides? Toy Story Land encompassed an existing ride and added 2, one of which is a fair ride dressed up to be something. But to get that and Galaxy's Edge, they took down a huge park of the park that had drawn guests.

It's not like they don't have the land. But they've parceled off 4 parks that are small instead of maybe making 2 or 3 that are larger. Oh, and why does AK have those bridge bottlenecks? It looks good on a paper map, but in actuality, it makes the park feel closed in.
Yah, but the new stuff is drawing even MORE people. Especially Pandora and then (gulp) SWGE. But there is a lot planned. New rides at Epcot. New Tron at MK. Disney is expanding the people eaters, but even more people seem to come as a result. It seems odd to say it, but maybe Disney needs to build more mediocre rides LOL.

:wizard:

Someone posted fairly recently that there are bathrooms and there is a procedure for using it while in line.

Still no restrooms. This sign is posted at the start of the queue (I was there Saturday).
jaband
32209611847_fe633c92b1_c.jpg

For those asking about a pic of the line, believe it or not, it was all internal other than a small queue outside along the edge of the waterfall/mountain structure (to the left in this photo) after about 10:00 am, which surprised me. It was never 6 hours on Saturday, but it was up to 5, and 3-4 all day. No, I did not wait in it. I nabbed 2 day-of FP, my 4th and 6th of the day, in mid afternoon and early evening. But I was there with a marching band from Ohio, and some of the kids DID wait, one group for the full 5 hours. They said they essentially barely moved most of the time.

These kind of lines are why when things get crowded I immediately head back to my resort to enjoy the pool. 1-4 PM Is far more enjoyable poolside with an adult beverage. I have a one hour max, and often it’s 45 minutes. I head in, do my FP’s and anything else that meets the short wait time criteria and I’m out. But, that’s the benefit of being an AP holder & DVC member. I look at folks in those long lines and think “God Bless ‘em” and thank my lucky stars it isn’t me. I would be flaming mad as a first timer experiencing that and wouldn’t spend my hard earned money that way again!

I hope there magically queuing system for this ride starts to take u though toilets and restaurants if people want to wait that amount of time

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter