Skipper Canteen info

The problem is, servers have already started. Those servers, who are used to making very good money in tips, are now making an hourly wage. This can only go on for so long before you have servers jumping ship to return to their old locations just to make real money again. Then you have to start training people all over again. They will want to open as soon as they can, I think it's more an issue of the location being ready than the team.

Yep. When it is capable of selling tables, they'll sell tables. There is no case in which the building would be ready but they would keep it not serving guests but paying people to train. And they would definitely not miss the busiest time of year when dining capacity is needed the most, by choice. How's it looking physically? Last I saw a few weeks ago it was still at a rough construction stage -- did not look even close to done.

I haven't been to MK recently to see it, so not sure how it looks. Now you mention it, I actually don't know if the training is going on at the location or not.

The problem is, servers have already started. Those servers, who are used to making very good money in tips, are now making an hourly wage. This can only go on for so long before you have servers jumping ship to return to their old locations just to make real money again. Then you have to start training people all over again. They will want to open as soon as they can, I think it's more an issue of the location being ready than the team.
I do too. Someone would have to look back and see how long it was between hiring and opening at BOG to maybe get an idea of a time line
Though that is different as the BOG servers were just servers. Skipper's servers are more than servers if they are also playing the part of the off duty pilots from Jungle Cruise. It's conceivable that can take more time to train, no?

Yep. When it is capable of selling tables, they'll sell tables. There is no case in which the building would be ready but they would keep it not serving guests but paying people to train. And they would definitely not miss the busiest time of year when dining capacity is needed the most, by choice. How's it looking physically? Last I saw a few weeks ago it was still at a rough construction stage -- did not look even close to done.
It was still without walls as of the middle of Oct.

I do too. Someone would have to look back and see how long it was between hiring and opening at BOG to maybe get an idea of a time line
Though that is different as the BOG servers were just servers. Skipper's servers are more than servers if they are also playing the part of the off duty pilots from Jungle Cruise. It's conceivable that can take more time to train, no?

I don't think so, they just hired regular servers. In the interview, nothing was asked about being able to perform or anything. I think it will be more like Prime Time, where your server might kind of take on a persona, but I doubt that aspect will get much additional training.

I don't think so, they just hired regular servers. In the interview, nothing was asked about being able to perform or anything. I think it will be more like Prime Time, where your server might kind of take on a persona, but I doubt that aspect will get much additional training.
Well, interesting. Totally different than the concept presented thus far but not a surprise either. I'll still give it a try on our trip in April.

I saw it yesterday, yes they were working full force on a sunday. Walls and roof...done. They were actually doing some painting of the trim work on the outside. I couldn't believe the difference since mid-October. Now what the inside looks like.......
Yep projected opening is Dec. 20th. That backside is employee areas and bathrooms where the building was expanded.

Yep projected opening is Dec. 20th. That backside is employee areas and bathrooms where the building was expanded.

Dec 20th I guess we'll miss it on this trip, we leave for home on Dec 18th oh well next trip

Brand new table service restaurant in MK ... so what's your price tolerance? $60 per person? more/less?

Hopefully in line with Liberty Tree Tavern, their lunch menu is reasonable and it's a sit down as well. I can't imagine $60/person, that would be ridiculous.

1 TS credit. :)

I can't imagine it being more then 1ts, since BOG is only 1ts and it's VERY high demand. For some reason I don't see them opening a signature restaurant inside MK, but who knows.

Last edited:
I can't imagine it being more then 1ts, since BOG is only 1ts and it's VERY high demand. For some reason I don't see them opening a signature restaurant inside MK, but who knows.
Other than CRT ;)

But no, I can't see this being a 2 credit ADR.

We are hoping to have a meal here in March. However, no way would I pay $60 for it. Honestly, as long as people are willing to pay outrageous prices at WDW, no matter how much you complain the prices will just keep going up. The only way to stop that is to not jump at the chance to overspend on anything new that Disney has to offer. I don't expect the new menu to come out with prices hovering around $60 per person, but if it does that will be one ADR we won't try to make.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter