Skippers Canteen vs. BOG

CocoHeart

Earning My Ears
When my ADR reservation date came up I snagged what I could knowing full well I’ll most likely cancel some of these (in ample time) as our trip gets closer.

I didn’t realize I got both Skiplers Canteen (lunch) and BOG (dinner) for our MK day. Budget wise we’ll only be doing one of these. Which would you choose?

(I have 3 sons so they’re not into princess stuff but they do like the Beast)

Also, I don’t know if it matters but we’ll also be doing the Christmas party (on a different day) as well.

If your group are fans of Jungle Cruise, then I would go with Skipper's Canteen. While BOG is nice and fancy, I do like the food more at Skipper's Canteen.

And obviously, if budget is concerning, Skipper's gets you better deal.

The atmosphere at BOG is pretty cool. Seeing the Beast is a fleeting moment and not worth the cost by itself. I enjoy Skippers and would choose that already having done BOG a few times. If you and your sons are big Beauty fans it’s worth doing otherwise I would stick with Skippers

We went to BOG last week and enjoyed the food, but it was so noisy,and we weren’t in the big room! I would try the other one.

I wrote on another thread I think BoG gets a bad wrap on the food. We have always enjoyed the food, and think the negative perception comes from the price tag. The food itself is certainly not worth the price tag, but the experience is wonderful if you’re into that sort of environment. I’ve left happy that we went both times.

But at 67 dollars per age 10+ without tax, tip or alcohol, you could easily be at a $400 meal. That number lessens if your sons are under ten and you don’t drink with the meal. If that cost puts stress on your family’s budget, go to Skipper’s.

Last edited:
Skippers!

I have done BOG a handful of times,
I have always found it to be good.
However, if I’m going to pay fine dining prices. I’m going else where

Skippers has a better atmosphere, and the food is just as good if not better .

We haven't done dinner at BOG but loved Skipper Canteen when we tried it this summer. It was easily our favorite table service meal- food, cast, and environment-wise.

We've never eaten at BOG due to the mediocre reviews and high price tag. We love Skipper Canteen and eat there frequently. The food is consistently good, the servers' Jungle Cruise schtick is funny and we love the atmosphere. Plus, it's not a prix fixed meal like BOG. We don't want or need that much food during a theme park day. So I'd pick Skipper Canteen, for sure. I think the only reason to go with BOG is if someone in your party really, really wants to eat in Beast's castle.

I'll join the chorus saying Skippers would be my choice, but I'll add that I think a sit-down lunch is better than a sit-down dinner in the parks because you're at peak heat and it can be very nice to get out of it for a bit and have a relaxed meal. Between lunch at Skippers and dinner at BOG, I think that's another factor to take into consideration (when would it be nice to sit down in the A/C and have a break?).

We've done Skippers at lunch, very much enjoyed it, and will likely do it again.

Have you checked the menus at each? We liked Skippers better for the food. BOG was fine, but the menu is more grown up. There is also Crytal Palace, which, while it doesn't have the level of theming of BOG, picky eaters might prefer it. And the characters spend more time with the kids (and adults).

I agree that a sit down lunch is a nice option. It's a nice break in a long day.

i have not gone to BOG since they change lunch to prix-fixe. i don't know if you still get to meet the beast , if not there is really no reason for your children not to order some food that they will eat. Going to Skippers after jungle cruise is the better choice.

HR2V-VFBzK7diCy8_N55lQ_N2DnUUAM1I8u67B0y04rdqjwljM5g_AYvM16KS5YQbobFb_8p7Tljr9nfT4RVLqUteviC7HUvudrXA34kNAvCbEBGvI5Qhu54ClimLjukjbzSd4sTAv0gPVhc0HE5Zw

I'm one of the few who does not care for Skipper Canteen, so I'd go with BOG out of those 2. But neither are really my pick for MK.

I've been to both but haven't done BOG since the switch to Signature. Skippers is my choice. Not only because of price, but I prefer Jungle Cruise theming over BATB and Asian over French cuisine.

My favorite part of BOG is meeting the Beast.

We ate lunch at BOG under the old menu and were totally unimpressed. Somewhat like eating in a large/noisy cafeteria. With that new pricey fixed menu, we will NOT be eating there again. It is also a fairly long walk to get there and only one popular ride nearby. I think anywhere else would be a better choice.

I mean.... BOG is great IF you're seated in the main dining room. Yes, it's noisy. But the theming is pretty amazing and if you've never done it, I would absolutely recommend. The food was good on our last visit, but not AMAZING.

That said, I prefer the food at Jungle Skipper Nav.

BoG was one and done for us. Food was mediocre but had some decent Belgium beer selections. I'd eat at Skipper's for the food and environment when at MK every visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter