Skyliner question CBR/POP

Lfgw9206

Earning My Ears
Ok so we are debating between staying at POP or Caribbean Beach resort. We will be going over Christmas break.

I’m thinking POP, because we need 2 rooms, to save some money.

I’ve seen some morning lines for Skyliner that are insane! So my question is this. (Which maybe will make me want to stay at CBR)

If I wait in a very long line at pop to get on the Skyliner, I understand you have to get off and get back on at CBR, so then are you in line behind all those people? Does that make sense? We are rope drop people, and we will be there during peak crowds. So I’m just wondering if that’s possible after waiting in line at PoP then waiting in another long line at CBR.

So if that’s the case, would it be better to stay at CBR?

Thanks!

We have stayed 20+ nights at Pop and never encountered a long line when we get to CBR in the morning. It can happen but I don't think it's the norm.

I will say we face a bit more of a line when returning at park close but honestly it's like 10 mins. Definitely not worth the additional cost to stay at CBR purely to save a few mins in line. Also, CBR is an extremely large resort so saving a bit of line time may mean a longer time getting to your room at CBR.

We have stayed 20+ nights at Pop and never encountered a long line when we get to CBR in the morning. It can happen but I don't think it's the norm.

I will say we face a bit more of a line when returning at park close but honestly it's like 10 mins. Definitely not worth the additional cost to stay at CBR purely to save a few mins in line. Also, CBR is an extremely large resort so saving a bit of line time may mean a longer time getting to your room at CBR.
This! We stayed in March at pop and only waited at cbr on the way back at park close. 5-10 min max.

If I wait in a very long line at pop to get on the Skyliner, I understand you have to get off and get back on at CBR, so then are you in line behind all those people?
The challenge at CBR making the transfer from Pop is most often caused by the CM loading from CBR and taking the transfers from Pop.

They normally take the Pop transfers straight across but some CMs try an alternating queue method which may cause backups...

Dave

The challenge at CBR making the transfer from Pop is most often caused by the CM loading from CBR and taking the transfers from Pop.

They normally take the Pop transfers straight across but some CMs try an alternating queue method which may cause backups...

Dave
So you're saying that their standard procedure is to take the constant transfer from Pop and make everyone from CBR wait in line until there is miraculously a break in people from Pop/AoA?

We've never stayed at pop but love CBR. We occasionally have run into lines even at the hub station but even when they appear long the skyliner lines never last long time wise. I wouldn't let pictures of long lines change your plans.

Last edited:
So you're saying that their standard procedure is to take the constant transfer from Pop and make everyone from CBR wait in line until there is miraculously a break in people from Pop/AoA?
When the skyliner was newer it seemed they'd make 2 lines basically at the hub (those from CBR and those transferring over from Pop - only at rope drop). The last few yrs though I believe they clear the CBR line before the pop transfer even get there, so CBR guests have a slight advantage, but not enough to justify the cost and huge resort imo.

Last edited:
No it does not work that way to favor Pop / AoA transfers and cause all the CBR Guests to wait around.

As @brockash indicated the long line of the morning crowd from CRB would have cleared before the 1st wave arrives.

However some CMs will try to put the transfers behind any line from CBR favoring CBR guests and making the transfers wait in a makeshift line or even tell them to go around and get in the CBR queue.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter