• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Skyliner with Luggage?

DisLz92

Earning My Ears
Has anyone taken their luggage on the skyliner? Transferring from BC to Riviera so I’m thinking why not take the sky liner?

I have not seen anyone with luggage on the gondolas but have read a few accounts where folks with roll-aboard type carryons have taken them on the Skyliner. Not sure what the policy is...

Has anyone taken their luggage on the skyliner? Transferring from BC to Riviera so I’m thinking why not take the sky liner?

If you'e going from one disney resort to another, you can ask bell services to transport your luggage for you! Just drop it off, let them know where it's going, and then you can pick up at your new resort :)

So, would one have to Uber going from the Dolphin to Coronado Springs? Only have a carry on.

Bring a bike rack with you to the gondolas and see if they can install it to the top. That way you can strap the luggage there?

lol jk sorry - I just have this image of families with luggage strapped to the top of these things floating across the Hollywood Studios parking lot.

So, would one have to Uber going from the Dolphin to Coronado Springs? Only have a carry on.
Yes for now Uber / Lyft or Yellow Cab is the best option. Before you know what (Covid-19) the Swan & Dolphin participated in the luggage exchange program with Disney resorts.

That feature has not yet returned fully but double check at Bell Services at the Dolphin while you are there as the service may have restarted this baggage service.

Dave

I wanted to report on this topic after my visit last month which involved me switching from Riviera to Beach Club.

I found this thread, which said luggage was NOT allowed, but also found a Plan Disney Panel/Disney Parks Moms Panel link asking the same question, which stated luggage WAS allowed, so I decided to give it a try.

No one batted an eye, and in fact, as I walked down the covered walkway from the Riviera toward the Skyliner station with my carry-on sized roller bag and a shoulder bag, a CM at the HS line entrance asked me where I was headed, and when I said "Beach Club", she directed me around to the entrance to the Epcot line, no other questions asked.

Now maybe it was just because it was 1 person, the size of the bags, or not at peak times (park open/close), but I was able to take luggage onto the Skyliner with me. Looking at Disney's official transportation webpages, only the bus/boat pages state no luggage is allowed. No mention of luggage on the monorail or Skyliner webpages.

I wanted to report on this topic after my visit last month which involved me switching from Riviera to Beach Club.

I found this thread, which said luggage was NOT allowed, but also found a Plan Disney Panel/Disney Parks Moms Panel link asking the same question, which stated luggage WAS allowed, so I decided to give it a try.

No one batted an eye, and in fact, as I walked down the covered walkway from the Riviera toward the Skyliner station with my carry-on sized roller bag and a shoulder bag, a CM at the HS line entrance asked me where I was headed, and when I said "Beach Club", she directed me around to the entrance to the Epcot line, no other questions asked.

Now maybe it was just because it was 1 person, the size of the bags, or not at peak times (park open/close), but I was able to take luggage onto the Skyliner with me. Looking at Disney's official transportation webpages, only the bus/boat pages state no luggage is allowed. No mention of luggage on the monorail or Skyliner webpages.

The Moms Panel is all but useless. They give out wrong info all of the time. In fact there is some blurb that states Disney is not responsible for what they tell you.

The Moms Panel is all but useless. They give out wrong info all of the time. In fact there is some blurb that states Disney is not responsible for what they tell you.
The Moms Panel no longer exists.

planDisney does and is referred to as "the official source for Disney vacation planning advice." Yes, it is official, but it is filled with "experienced Guests", not trained Disney CMs.

Thanks for reporting actual experience! I agree that being a single person with only one real piece of luggage (I’m assuming the shoulder bag was roughly equivalent to a park backpack) traveling at off peak uncrowded time likely made a difference.

Thanks for reporting actual experience! I agree that being a single person with only one real piece of luggage (I’m assuming the shoulder bag was roughly equivalent to a park backpack) traveling at off peak uncrowded time likely made a difference.

Happy to share with the group!
Yes, the shoulder bag is definitely equivalent to a park backpack.

I plan to spend one night at Poly and then transfer to BLT w/2 teens during holidays On monorail
I prob will just take bare essentials to fit in our backpacks (3night stay total) and thinking a big clear plastic bag for dirty laundry or even pack my old underwear to dispose of . And try not to have anything that will trip the security sensors,
Hope this plan works .

I plan to spend one night at Poly and then transfer to BLT w/2 teens during holidays On monorail
I prob will just take bare essentials to fit in our backpacks (3night stay total) and thinking a big clear plastic bag for dirty laundry or even pack my old underwear to dispose of . And try not to have anything that will trip the security sensors,
Hope this plan works .
You can also let Bell Services transfer your luggage for you.

I have Bell Services transfer my luggage between the resorts all the time with no issues. The one problem is that they will not transfer chilled food items. For that reason I have a backpack cooler that I pack up my chilled items in the day of the transfer and take it over to my new resort and have the bell services there put it in there refrigerators. I have no problem getting on WDW transport with the backpack.

I know this is an older threat, but someone mentioned putting an apple airtag or android tile in their suitcase so they'd know when it arrived at the second hotel - as someone who has waited a few hours for a bag to "turn up" I find that a great idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter