slightly confused

april riddle

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/"targe
:confused: Hi everyone - ok I am just slightly confused. I called today to book our campsite and wanted to come in on Thanksgiving day - I was told no preferred sites available on November 28th but were available on either the 27th or 29th. I said ok what if I just pay for the 27th and come the 28th and they said no - if you are not there by the 27th we would cancel your reservations. Can anyone explain to me why I can get a site on the 27th or 29th without difficulty but not on the 28th? I hope all you seasoned campers and disney campers can help me with this one. Thanks in advanced April

That sounds wierd. Maybe because the 28th is a holiday? I don't know. You might want to call back and talk with a different CM.

We once made reservations to check in on a certain date, but couldn't get there (a sick child I think). Anyway, I called and they held my site. If your site is paid in full I can't imagine them being able to cancel your reservation.

Explanation: If you take the 27th and do not arrive by usually 1am you are charged the one night and your resv is cxld. The reason behind this is you have reserved a site for that night and because you held it, the resort was unable to sell it to someone else. As for the 28th it sounds like at the time you called they were sold out of preferred sites for that night. This date along with Sat would be the nights the campground would most likely be sold out. But your resv for the 29th would be safe. Saying that here are some strategies that might help.

1. Call CRO again. If you can only get the 29th, take it and call back again at a later time and check for availability on the 28th. This may take several phone calls because you are basically waiting for a cancellation. The closer it gets the more calls I would make. There is a 5day cancellation policy if you want your deposit back. So keep that in mind when you are calling, persistance will pay off. You also might consider switching to a Full hook up site, there are more of those and your chances are better.

2. If you can only get your stay with several reservations, then get all your nights, have your conf #s ready and have the CRO Cm note on ALL your reservations that it is a "Continuing Reservation". This will alert the FD and RA that you you have several reservations for your stay and need to be on the same site.

3. If you have numerous reservations for your stay, fax the front desk a few days before your arrival. Include all your conf #s, dates, name and any request, such as staying on the same site for your entire stay.

I know this seems confusing and unfair but I hope this helps you get the dates you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter