Slightly different mug question....

BethC1952

DIS Veteran
YIPPEE!! LESS THAN 30 DAYS! :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Thanks for letting me do that....now on to the question!

I know that the mugs are for "Length of Stay". Here's the situation...

I'll be at POR twice in the same vacation, three nights pre-cruise and two nights post-cruise. Is this time all my length of stay? If not, I plan to buy my mugs on my second group of nights, because that will be mostly "resort and relaxing time" for us and I think we'll get more use of them. However, if the whole thing would be my length of stay, I'll buy them as soon as I check in to POR (which will already be my third day at WDW, doing AS Mu first night at Swan/Dolphin second night).

Thanks to everybody for all the help and information I find here. I feel very-prepared once again!

Beth

IMHO, your entire trip qualifies as one stay. If you feel "funny" about buying the mug for the first portion of your trip and then continuing to use it during the second portion, ask one of the CMs. He or She will let you know what the resort's current policy happens to be.

Enjoy your trip!

Definitely the same trip - you haven't gone home, have you? Also, there is no way for the resort to know when, or even if you are still staying there. They don't check, it's just that they recommend it.

I don't get the length of stay thing. We were there in September and stayed at BCV. At the time BCV was selling 2 styles of mugs a Y&B club mug and a 100 years of magic mug (this seemed to be the only resort selling the 100 years of magic mug) . Anyway, we didn't even buy our mugs at our hotel. We found the 100 years of magic mugs at some beverage kiosks in different parks where they were only $4.00 opposed to the $10.50 they were charging at our resort. After staying at BCV where nobody asked us about our mugs or how long we were staying, we went and stayed at Vero Beach, which happened to also be using to 100 years of magic mug, so we used it there as well. I don't think you will have a problem using your mug pre and post cruise unless they have new rules since I was there 2 months ago.

I never really knew the mugs were for "length of stay." I bought my mugs a couple years ago and still use them on my trips.

Oops!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :jester:

As you can tell from my "mug debates" in the past, I am against people bringing back mugs to reuse. But in this case, I say, that this is all one "stay" so to speak. The only difference is the middle of your trip will be on the Disney Cruise.

I just wish Disney would come up with a true length of stay mug, that can be used a more then one resort. We will be staying 15 nights at 3 resorts. And we will have to buy a new mug at each resort :rolleyes: :confused:

Thanks for all the input! I already have two POR mugs, purchased at two separate times in May,2001--DH bought his while I was checking in, but never thought of getting one for me:rolleyes: ! So I walked in and bought mine. He was told they were for length of stay, and I was told they were good any time you ever stayed there. But that wasn't a problem because I knew I wasn't going to bring them with me every time I returned! I collect mugs anyway, and these make a great addition to the collection in my office, as well as reminding me of why it is that I go to the office every day (to earn the money for these trips!).

We'll probably buy some kind of souvenir mug from AS Mu (although not the refillable ones, we'll only be there overnight), and the same thing at Swan/Dolphin, just so that our collection of mugs from all the hotels we've stayed in on all of our trips remains complete--and after 30 years of marriage, that collection is pretty extensive!

:bounce: It's getting very hard to wait! I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas! :Pinkbounc

Beth

Just got back from 4 nights AKL, 4 nights POR. We bought our mugs (4 of them!) at AKL, and used them at POR as well. No one said anything about us not being able to use our AKL mugs at POR. The cast members saw them every day we were there, and didn't say peep! I was actually hoping someone would, so that I could let them know that our 'length of stay' included two resorts, and there didn't seem to be a policy about the mugs for this situation! I did mention to another guest that I felt odd using them, but he said he had seen someone using a CBR mug that morning :o , and no one stopped him.

Schmeck, who buys new mugs each trip (now we have 12...)

Originally posted by Schmeck
I was actually hoping someone would, so that I could let them know that our 'length of stay' included two resorts, and there didn't seem to be a policy about the mugs for this situation!

Well technically, the mugs are to be used only at the resort you purchased them at during the stay that you purchased them at. But I understand the situation fully. I am debating (I know that is another board :p ) what to do on our trip, since we are splitting our stay 9 nights at ASMo, 3 nights at GF, 3 nights at AKL.

and hate to buy 4 mugs at the Poly and 4 more 3 days later at the YC.

I wonder, has anyone ever been "corrected" for using a mug from a different resort, or one that is older?

Just curious......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter