Slinkyman's Wishes Come True Trip Report:DAYS 8 & 9 Added post 193 & 194

Get Any Churros For Me At WDW? :rolleyes1

I'm Evoulie.. See Ya!

Hi,

That is the sad thing-Ink has never had a churro and had planned to eat his first with Yavn and was too sick too-poor kid :(

Bug

Bug, thanks again for sharing this experience with the dis family, the whole time you were gone (as I rode those lovely dark rides over and over....) all I could think about is what you must be doing and my stomach would tingle!

Bug, my heart sank when I read the latest update. Poor Slink, not feeling too hot going into what was supposed to be an awesome experience.

But from the pictures and your account, it sounds like he had an awesome time nonetheless.

And Yavn, don't think this changes anything when it comes to my opinion on how you treat the DLR quests. :mad:

Ok, it changes it a bit. :sad1:

:hug: I'm sorry for my statements in the past. What you did for Slink and Smalld. Let me just say...

It makes us feel like you hung out with all of us.

I love the DIS.

Bug, my heart sank when I read the latest update. Poor Slink, not feeling too hot going into what was supposed to be an awesome experience.

But from the pictures and your account, it sounds like he had an awesome time nonetheless.

And Yavn, don't think this changes anything when it comes to my opinion on how you treat the DLR quests. :mad:

Ok, it changes it a bit. :sad1:

:hug: I'm sorry for my statements in the past. What you did for Slink and Smalld. Let me just say...

It makes us feel like you hung out with all of us.

I love the DIS.

:hug: Nice to see you soften up a bit pirate. You know it does bother me when they get attacked on boards. They do read them. I asked how they handle the harsh words. They know that they can not please everyone all the time.:sad2: But I still wish people would realize that they are real hard working people with HUGE hearts. They do a lot of good for us:)

Bug

And that's the part that gets me... :sad1:

The problem is, that no matter what, the staff still has a lot of hoop jumping to go through before they can finally release park quests. There can be last minute set-backs as well as all the things they have to do before release.

There is only so much that Yavn and staff has in their hands while there are many parts that is out of their hands.

I'm sure they get upset when some things don't go as planned. And then they have to see people get upset with them.

Don't be so hard on them. :)

Anyways, still smiling and crying over the reports, Bug!

The problem is, that no matter what, the staff still has a lot of hoop jumping to go through before they can finally release park quests. There can be last minute set-backs as well as all the things they have to do before release.

There is only so much that Yavn and staff has in their hands while there are many parts that is out of their hands.

I'm sure they get upset when some things don't go as planned. And then they have to see people get upset with them.

Anyways, still smiling and crying over the reports, Bug!

You are so right! We had a big discussion on this. He gets upset when there are set backs. They had problem with the last batch of cards-new printing company-had ink problems then cards came back poor quality not what he wanted. They are trying to give us a quality product and not junk. Trust me he wants things done and out as much as we do. I am no different then any of you I was disappointed there was no new quest when we were there but that is just how it goes. No sense getting upset over it since there is far worst things that could happen besides no new quest when I am there. They are working hard for us and we need to remember that once in a while.

Thanks VMK Team.

Bug

I'm sitting here reading and trying not to cry. I'm not being to successful at it.

This is truly a magical story so far!

Can't wait to read the rest and cry some more!:goodvibes

I tried not to cry too, but failed. I'm looking for a kleenex now.
Wonderful story so far, can't wait to read the rest. :thumbsup2

:love: CaffDawg! :love:

Omg wow.. :rolleyes1

:flower3: I'm Ranch.

Amazing thing you and Yavn have done.

Awww, what a great experience. Sounds like Yavn and Dawg are truly a class act! Talk about a story the boys will have to tell their entire lives! Yavn and Dawg clearly made a Disney Dream into magical memories to last a lifetime! :wizard:

I have loved (tears and all) this wonderful story of Dreams coming true and look forward to the next chapters. Yavn and Dawg and the rest of the VMK team don't really get the credit they deserve for creating this game as trying as it can be for all of us at times. It is so nice to see the real people behind these characters that we see in game and to see that they truly do have BIG hearts to do what they did for Ink and the rest of you. I do feel bad for Ink being ill the day he had his biggest dream come true, but I am so glad he did not let it get him down. He should be an inspiration to us all. Thank you Bug for sharing this experience with all of us!

Oh and I got this box of tissues and it's large enough for all to share ;)

Kleenex.jpg

Season 1 had Locke in awe of the Island. It had given him the gift of walking.

Season 2 had Locke disgusted and disillusioned with the Island. His Faith in the mysticism of the Island crushed.

Season 3 has Locke back in tune with the Island. His faith was restored.

I know I don't have to explain it, as it is self-explanatory the reasoning behind this post. But let's just say that Slink's Adventures in WDW have restored my faith in the Island.

Sometimes we forget that the Cast Members make the magic.

judimouse - I have to partially disagree with you here. (And I hope you'll forgive me by the end of the post.) It isn't just the Cast Members who make the magic.

I only know what I've read in this thread, and I don't think the Cast Members are the only ones making magic around here! For example, I see the magic made by someone who got a [post=18467884]letter writing campaign going[/post]. I see friends (like [post=18453116]this one[/post] and everyone else from the DIS) who made magic in person and in spirit during good times and not-so-good times. I see an [post=18454308]an unnamed couple from Ohio[/post] who made magic with a few photographs and a kind deed.

Most of all, I see the incredibly powerful magic wielded by one particular mom. Bugdozer - we don't know each other here, and I don't think we've ever crossed paths in the game, but I'm very glad you've chosen to tell your story. It is a "Disney story" in so many meanings of that phrase. From the hero who must battle against evil, to the fairy godmother, to [post=18472025]the change of heart that magic brings[/post].

This is what communities like the DIS and things like VMK mean to me. Disney movies and parks may have started as one man sharing magic with the world. VMK and everything else now let us share that magic with each other.

YES!! I want a chicken hat!!! Oh, the embarrassment I could bring to my sons by wearing that around! :thumbsup2

Yes and with a set of Pink high heeled shoes or yes just flourescent pink Go gogo boots you would definately enbarrasse then for life LOL. Which means more disney for you :)

This is what communities like the DIS and things like VMK mean to me. Disney movies and parks may have started as one man sharing magic with the world. VMK and everything else now let us share that magic with each other.

I would have to agree here. For I know there is a lot of magic beening done behind the scenes for different kids on VMK and Dis. All the love and encouragement we have given Ink and his family has not stopped there. They continue to take that pixie dust and spread it to even more people. From the computer fundraising drive, to helping other kids with cancer letting them know I understand and you can make it too. What do I like best about VMK? Is it the virtual prizes? nah. It is knowing I am part of a bigger community of Disney fans who can help make a difference in this world of ours.:thumbsup2

As I always said if we could all do just one act of kindness each day what a wonderful world this could become. :)

What an awesome experience!! I am so glad Yavn and QA_caffdawg gave up their time to spend time with slinky.

Bug and Ink,

It was a pleasure meeting you on board the Magic. I am just sorry we didn't have alot of time to talk. We didn't want to interupt your breakfast. My son KingZ was so happy to meet other VMK'ers and probably would have talked your ear off if we stayed around long enough.

I am so sorry Ink was not feeling well on the day of his Visit with Yavn but thank goodness it turned around for the cruise. He really looked good and I am so happy you had wonderful days at the park. We were also in Epcot and Magic Kingdom on Friday. Sorry we didn't get to meet you sooner or see you later in the Cruise.

Great trip report so far, cannot wait to read the rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter