slo’s FRIDAY 11/10 poll - K-Cups ☕️

K-Cups….Do you brew them at home & what type do you enjoy? (m.c.)

• I brew K-Cups at home often

Votes: 41 30.4%
  • I brew K-Cups at home sometimes

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • I brew K-Cups at home rarely

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • I do not brew K-Cups at home

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • I brew regular coffee

Votes: 63 46.7%
  • I brew decaf coffee

Votes: 20 14.8%
  • I make hot tea

Votes: 30 22.2%
  • I make another type of hot drink (example: hot apple cider) - please post what

Votes: 18 13.3%
  • I don’t drink any type of hot beverage

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 13 9.6%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
K-Cups are very popular today and many people use them.
The question of the day….

Do you brew K-Cups at home?
If yes…..what type of K-Cups do you enjoy?
(multiple choice)

For Me…..I have a coffee pot that has both a K-Cup brewer and regular coffee pot. I very rarely brew K-Cups, but I do 100% of the time use the regular coffee pot every morning. I drink tea in the afternoon, and I can buy K-Cups that are tea, but I don’t because tea bags are less expensive. My DD20 enjoys hot apple cider K-Cups, and we have several here, but they have so much sugar so I don’t drink them. She really watches her sugar now, so I doubt she’ll drink them when she comes home. So if I can’t find someone that wants them, then I guess I’ll throw them away.

IMG_1391.jpeg

Yes, every day, 2-3 K-cups for myself. Every once in a while, I'll get on a kick of using the French press.....after that quick first cup! DH and I like different brands of coffee, and very different strengths. sometimes I consider going back to a pot, but I dont' know if we could agree on how to make it.

Last edited:
Sometimes, I'll have leftover pouches/bags of Joffrey's from our WDW resort stays and brew them at home. I think it is a pretty good coffee.

I Brew Coffee the old fashion way in my ancient coffee pot - I typically drink a little over half a pot a day I don’t drink hot coffee as a general rule I like my coffee iced
I will use a K cup at work as I don’t care for the coffee my boss drinks and he offers both kinds but most of the time when I go in the office I bring my own coffee with me

Don't drink coffee but think kcups are a pricey way to make coffee. They could give away those machines and make all their money selling the kcups instead.................LOL.

For hot chocolate, we buy the name brand instant packages for something like $.10/cup. Way less expensive the nearly $1/cup for the kcup versions.

Last edited:
We probably brew too many K-cups in our house (though we do generally take them apart to recycle/compost after.)

We have regular, decaf, and half-caf coffee pods in the drawer right now, plus a few tea ones (though I more often use tea bags). I tried the hot cider ones, but didn't like it that way.

Yes, every day, 2-3 K-cups for myself. Every once in a while, I'll get on a kick of using the French press.....after that quick first cup! DH and I like different brands of coffee, and very different strengths. sometimes I consider going back to a pot, but I dont' know if we could agree on how to make it.
My husband and I (admit, started by me) had an honest ARGUMENT in the kitchen years ago about the "strength" of a good cup of coffee. It's funny to think of now, especially since he now drinks tea and I still make my coffee my way.

I ❤️ my Keurig coffee makers! The one I have in the house makes coffee and lattes. Use it almost daily, after making a regular pot of coffee in the morning. I love coffee in the afternoon so will have a K-cup then, usually a decaf or a flavored cup, or a latte. Then we sometimes have a decaf cup in the evening too. We have Keurigs in both of our campers, and one for travel too.

K-cups almost exclusively at home, sometimes brew a pot on the weekends, and go out for coffee as the mood strikes or looking for something different.

We use them at DD house cause we don't know how to use her machine. She has a machine equal to the space shuttle. Probably cost almost as much too. (DD would make us coffee, but most of the day, everyone is off to jobs and schools when we visit.)

At home, use the drip pot with a vacuum carafe. Keeps coffee hot for hours.

Tip I learned, when I make a full 12 cup pot , I put a coffee filter on top of grounds too. I was finding the grounds were being splashed up the sides of the basket and some ending up in the pot. yuck.

No K cups.
DH and I have personal Black and Decker coffee units. We like our coffee at different strengths. I use Community Coffee dark roast, and he uses a type of Folgers.

Mine makes a travel mug amount and it’s just right for me to make once a day. His makes a mug full and sometimes he makes his twice.

I also drink herbal tea, and I use tea bags. DH likes regular tea, and also uses tea bags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter