slo’s FRIDAY 2/23 poll - Energy Drinks

Energy Drinks - Do you drink them (doesn’t include coffee or tea) & how often? (m.c.)

• Yes - I currently drink them

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • No - I do not currently drink them, but I used to in the past

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • No - I have never drank them

Votes: 104 84.6%
  • I drink them every day

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I drink them every week - please post how often

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I drink them multiple times a month - please post how often

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I drink them off and on throughout the year

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 8 6.5%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
We‘re going to end the week energetically with discussing energy drinks. Energy drinks are very popular - lots & lots & lots of people drink them. I have a friend that used to drink Red Bull all the time and we always knew when he had to much because he was like zoom zoom zoom - kinda made your head spin - LOL! He finally realized he was addicted and stopped drinking them. So I’m energetically asking this morning…..

Do you drink energy drinks? (this does not include caffeinated coffee or tea)
If yes….how often?
(multiple choice)

*Bonus points for posting which brand(s) you drink

For Me…..I have never had an energy drink - they never appealed to me. Trust me, many times during the day I wouldn’t mind an energy boost, but I’m not comfortable drinking them. I actually don’t drink caffeinated coffee or tea after 12:00noon - I will only drink decaf. My DD20 used to drink Bangs once in awhile when she was in high school and last year (first semester of college), but when she started having blood pressure issues she quit.

IMG_1586.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t drink them. When I was younger, I tried Redbull a few times. I was working during the day, taking college classes and we had a 2 year old. The only time I could study was when DD2 was asleep so I’d drink Redbull to stay awake. It was disgusting so I could only do it once in awhile.

Now, I only drink coffee. But same as you, @slo, I don’t drink any caffeine after lunch. Otherwise I have a hard time falling asleep.

I work in a hospital and see lots of my younger coworkers drinking energy drinks when they sign up to do double shifts.

I had checked no but changed my response since I do drink lots of caffeinated iced coffee!
Every morning I fill my 40 oz mug with ice and add this coffee. It is so good!

Attachments

• IMG_4081.jpeg
    IMG_4081.jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 1
Coffee and hot tea are all I drink. I have never had an energy drink like Red Bull. I also only drink my coffee hot, no cold brew and usually only black. Same with my hot tea, I don't drink iced tea. I'm one of the weird people that caffeine doesn't amp me up. I can actually drink a cup of coffee at night and it makes me sleepy instead of waking me up.

I don’t drink energy drinks I tried them couple times when I say try them I mean I had a sip of DD energy drink - never cared for the taste of them

My energy drink is my big glass of iced coffee every morning

The only time I have coffee in the afternoon would be when I’m on vacation otherwise I do not have coffee in the afternoon or in the evening

Wawa sells a wide variety of those drinks like Red Bull, Monster, etc. I referred to that cooler door as “Drinks for Crackheads.”

Never have had any 'energy drinks'. A few decaf coffees a day and caffeine-free pop if I drink that. My cardiologist recommends none of that stuff, not good for one's health, especially heart health.

1708696050376.png

I've tried one or two of them, generally don't like them all that much. So I don't drink them. Anyone remember Jolt Cola? As a Gen-Xer, that was the energy drink as a kid. I didn't drink that either.

I have actually never had a cup of coffee in my life and any soda I drink (rarely) is caffeine free. But every once in awhile I will have a sugar free Red Bull…maybe a few times a year.

NO!! These are poison, most particularly to the demographic of young men they target, and I’ll shout it to the rooftops. A dear loved one of ours ended up hospitalized with stimulant-induced psychosis from binging these. It threw his brain chemistry so far out of whack that his mental health has still not completely stabilized three years later and maybe never will.

Please, please warn your young people that caffeine in mega-doses is not harmless and inert and very real risks of peril exist. :sad:

I've never really drank energy drinks. I've had enough Red Bull to know what it tastes like and I don't really like it (may have had a Jagerbomb once or twice in college, but I don't like Jager or Red Bull so it did not become a habit).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter