• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s FRIDAY 2/9 poll - Super Bowl Party 🏈

Super Bowl Party - Are you hosting or attending one? Are you watching alone? (m.c.)

• I am hosting a party

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • I am attending a party - family’s house

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I am attending a party - friend’s house

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I am attending a party - at a restaurant or bar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am attending a party - at another place (please post where)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I’m watching alone

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • I’m watching with a family member

Votes: 54 47.0%
  • I’m watching with a friend

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I’m not watching

Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 9 7.8%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
The Super Bowl is Sunday which means many of us will be hosting a party or attending a party.
Let us know what you’re doing this year….

Are you hosting or attending a party?
Are you watching the game without being at a party?
(multiple choice)

*I hope that everyone watching the big game, wherever they are at or whoever they are with, has a fun Super Bowl Sunday.

For Me……We are not a football house, so we won’t be going or hosting a party - we won‘t even be watching the game. My DH will turn it on here and there to see the score. If I can catch the halftime show, then I’ll watch that. That the extent of our Super Bowl watching.

IMG_1561.jpeg

Some years there's a watch party at DH's Lodge, some not. I don't think there is this year, so he'll likely watch it here at home. I'll pay attention to the new commercials, but not so much the game.

Not much of a football fan, the only part I care about is seeing Reba sing the national anthem. DH will be watching though.

I'll be at work on Sunday but my shift ends at the start of the game just about so I'll go home and watch the game by myself. We will have a little party at work, we'll all bring in food for the pregame shows.

Yeah, not watching. Absolutely no interest at all. The last (and only) time I went to a Super Bowl was in '97 I think.

Boggles my mind that people watch to see commercials.

I also never understood why they always pick musicians that the fans in the stadium mostly have no interest in.

Yeah - I know - marketing.

To those who do enjoy it - have fun.

Last edited:
I myself won’t be watching but my husband will be with my son probably messaging him through out …lol

Do like watching the commercials, usually look them up the next day. I think I have seen one for Lays potato chips that is really weird . Guy goes up to the register and the lady says the same thing in different ones with different flavours.

I voted "other" as I just don't know. DH will probably watch, I'll get sucked into it, but as I don't even know who's playing, maybe not. Our Mug Club at our favorite tap room used to host a big superbowl party for club members, with beer discounts and a pot luck, and believe me, in the years the Patriots were "hot" that was quite the party. Unfortunately, those gatherings ended when Covid kicked in, and the brewery owner hasn't chosen to start them again, which is too bad. If there was a SuperBowl party for the MugClub, we'd be there, for sure!

We love football!!! It's been ages since we've been to a big Super Bowl party, but if we're home for the big game, we buy a variety of snack foods and drink provisions so we can just sit back and enjoy the evening. This year, we'll be watching from home on Sunday. DH already got a bunch of provisions from Costco. He's taking off the day after, so he's probably going to enjoy the drinking portion a lot more than me.

Just watching from home. Definitely will be me and DH. Maybe DD. I invited my dad, but I have a pretty bad cold (negative Covid test yesterday) so might uninvite him. He’s 82 with asthma. I’ll see how I feel late tomorrow or early Sunday. I don’t care much about the game or the commercials or the halftime show, but DH does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter