slo’s FRIDAY 3/22 poll - Seafood Tacos 🌮

Seafood Tacos - What’s your opinion, what type do you like and where do you eat them? (m.c.)

• I like seafood tacos

Votes: 50 45.5%
  • I somewhat like seafood tacos

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • I do not like seafood tacos

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • No opinion - I’ve never tried seafood tacos

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • I like fish tacos

Votes: 55 50.0%
  • I like shrimp tacos

Votes: 47 42.7%
  • I like another type of seafood tacos

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I eat them at a restaurant

Votes: 56 50.9%
  • I eat them at home

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
Never had shrimp or fish tacos. I love seafood but just the thought of seafood dressed as a taco… nope.

It is interesting to me how many people don’t eat seafood. I had no idea so many people don’t eat it. Maybe a future poll topic.

Edit: I’m curious if it’s geographical.

Love them both! I mostly get them out, because the some other members of my family are not fans, but occasionally make them at home.

Yes. I like beef and pork tacos too but if the option is there seafood first.

Shrimp tacos tonight at my sister in law's house!

Love tacos, fish tacos are wonderful and I tried one a day throughout Florida last month. Today I'm making shrimp tacos, they are easy with a mix to help season the shrimp.

Saute defrosted shrimp in fresh garlic and oil along with 1/4 to 1/2 a packet of the McKormick seasoning, Baja Citrus or Mojito Lime but I like the Citrus better.
Soft taco shell so a soft burrito, we like the small ones also called street taco.
we like shredded lettuce or cabbage.
A spritz of fresh lime
Drizzle some sour cream and sriracha cream sauce on top

Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 10.03.54 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-03-22 at 10.04.26 AM.png

Last edited:
Where's the I LOVE seafood tacos choice?

I do make shrimp tacos at home. I recently bought some crunchy codfish bites, and they're really good in tacos. I like controlling the toppings and tortilla options.

I like them in restaurants as well -- a lot of time whether I order them is the calorie count - fish tacos still tend to be high in calories.

Love fish tacos and shrimp tacos. Don’t make them at home, but have them fairly often when eating out.

I like shrimp tacos provided they are L to XL and are charbroiled. I prefer them in a soft shell.

It's rare when I order them (and don't make them), but we have a plethora of Mexican eateries where I live and they (fish/shrimp tacos) seem to be very popular.

Love tacos, fish tacos are wonderful and I tried one a day throughout Florida last month. Today I'm making shrimp tacos, they are easy with a mix to help season the shrimp.

Saute defrosted shrimp in fresh garlic and oil along with 1/4 to 1/2 a packet of the McKormick seasoning, Baja Citrus or Mojito Lime but I like the Citrus better.
Soft taco shell so a soft burrito, we like the small ones also called street taco.
we like shredded lettuce or cabbage.
A spritz of fresh lime
Drizzle some sour cream and sriracha cream sauce on top

View attachment 844201View attachment 844202
I make my own seasoning, and I’ve found I can bake the shrimp on foil for an easy cleanup. I make an avocado cream and cilantro lime slaw to top them.

I make my own seasoning, and I’ve found I can bake the shrimp on foil for an easy cleanup. I make an avocado cream and cilantro lime slaw to top them.
I have an avocado and this is tonight's dinner, care to share the recipe? More goodness will not ruin it ;)

I would love to try a home made spice combo that isn't drab, I try to keep my salt very low and the mixes are not that.

I love seafood tacos, shrimp or fish.

I never understood why fish, shrimp, crab, etc. aren't considered meat to some. It's the flesh of an animal. If it's not meat, what is it?

I like shrimp tacos, and I have had fried fish tacos, but prefer ground beef. Not a fan of chicken, but I will eat them.

I never understood why fish, shrimp, crab, etc. aren't considered meat to some. It's the flesh of an animal. If it's not meat, what is it?
Yeah - its an odd thing IMO.
For some its less the meat thing and more the texture.
Some I guess look at fish as less evolved than cows and pigs.

I know people that for the most part don't eat meat - but chicken\turkey is ok - again texture.
The same people don't eat pork (roast) - but eat Bacon.

For many its more just personal preference.

I had one very good friend who said he did not eat ham for religious reasons.
But then Id go out with him and he would eat bacon and shellfish - oh and bacon wrapped shellfish.
He just did not like ham so he told people it was for religious reasons so they would not go further with it.

It is interesting to me how many people don’t eat seafood. I had no idea so many people don’t eat it. Maybe a future poll topic.

Edit: I’m curious if it’s geographical.
It may be geographic. Most fish tacos are made with cod or shrimp and they might be expensive ingredients in places far from the sea.
But it is interesting given how much healthier seafood is. American Heart Association recommends two seafood meals a week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter