• I never cut my sandwich

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • I cut my sandwich diagonally

Votes: 51 42.9%
  • I cut my sandwich down the middle

Votes: 32 26.9%
  • I cut my sandwich the same way always

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I cut my sandwich different on different days - depends on my mood, the sandwich or another reason

Votes: 40 33.6%
  • I don’t eat sandwiches, but I make them for someone else

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t eat or make sandwiches

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters
I don't think I've ever cut a sandwich at all. My mom didn't cut them as I was growing up so I guess not cutting them is just normal for me. They are cut when I order them at a restaurant but I personally never do.

Always cut and always down the middle. I've been known to cut hamburgers in half as well because the restaurants all make these enormous burgers and I cannot eat it in one sitting.

It depends. I find it’s easier to get a sandwich in a baggie if it’s cut in half. Some fillings work better with a diagonal cut than a half cut, and vice versa. Sandwiches on round or hoagie rolls are always in half, of course.

I cut my sandwiches always, and always diagonally. Heheh...I do admit to using my little Godson's sandwich cutters on rare occasions. Sometimes I like to eat a sandwich shaped like a T-Rex. :lovestruc

I had bariatric surgery about 7 years ago, so I only make half a sandwich (if I'm having a sandwich- the bread is awfully filling), but I cut that half into 2 squares. About the only time I make a full sandwich is if I'm making a grilled cheese, and I cut that into 4 triangles (and only eat 2 of them).

When I was a kid my mother would cut my sandwiches down the middle. I was embarrassed because most other kids had diagonally cut sandwiches at lunch.

I thought diagonal was haute cuisine while down the middle was for tacky low class people .

Made a chicken salad sandwich for lunch, did not cut!o_O When I'm feeding the grandkids I slice down the middle, for me I usually don't slice.

I cut almost everything diagonally. Sandwiches are easier to eat that way as there's a corner to bite. And if I cut hotdogs, sausages, asparagus down to bite size pieces, I cut them diagonally as they look prettier.

I've been known to cut hamburgers in half as well because the restaurants all make these enormous burgers and I cannot eat it in one sitting.

When I order a whopper at Burger King I always have them cut it in half. There is actually a button on their computer display for ordering it cut in half, so many people order it that way. :thumbsup2

Perfect timing….I’m answering the poll as I’m eating a cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread with ranch dressing…uncut…
but I do sometimes cut my sandwiches down the middle…

This is so bread and sandwich dependent. But yes, always cut it in some form or fashion. I never even considered not cutting a sandwich. Peanut butter sandwich cut in fours. Grilled cheese on the diagonal. Ham on rye, cut in half. I could go on and on. I clearly have sandwich cutting issues.

Not a big sandwich eater but it depends on the filling. BLT would just be cut in half from top to bottom, easier to hold for me. Peanut butter and jam would be diagonal - must have been the way my Mom made them. Shaved ham and lettuce would be straight across so I don't lose the filling. Cold roast beef would be straight across but a hot roast beef with gravy would not be cut at all. I make a lovely grilled cheese and cut diagonally but only for other family members, I don't eat cheese.

I do both types of cut, depending on the bread. White or wheat bread diagonally. Anything oval or in an elongated shape, like rye bread, hero roll, wrap, etc. straight and in the middle,

When DS was young, I would cut it diagonally into quarters, then arrange it on the plate in two sets of two with the pointed tips together, which we called butterflies. My mom did this for me when I was a kid.
It’s funny the stuff we do to get kids to eat. Mine are all adults now but still like to have a dip for just about every thing. When they were kids we called broccoli trees and they likes to put snow on the trees (ranch). They like honey mustard and chicken etc. My mom was like eat it or you can have it again for breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter