slo’s MONDAY 9/25 poll - Indoor Live House Plants

Live Indoor House Plants - Do you have them and how many? (m.c.)

• I’m a live indoor house plant person

Votes: 25 26.0%
  • I’m not a live indoor house plant person

Votes: 41 42.7%
  • I have no live indoor house plants

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • I have one live indoor house plant

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • I have two live indoor house plants

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • I have three live indoor house plants

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • I have four live indoor house plants

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • I have five or more live indoor house plants

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • I can’t have live indoor plants - please post why

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters
I have a few. But I have a story…….50 years ago when my grandfather died, some one in the church sent my mom a huge spider plant. She gave it to me. No place in her house so it would get good light. Now, in the blink of an eye, 50 years go by, ……Of course not THE same plant exactly, but that plant has been divided and babies rooted and given away many times over.
I have my great-grandmother's spider plant (all green - not variegated). It's at least 40 years old, I don't know how long she had it. We also have a schefflera that's about 40 years old.

I have 4 plants -- all are "pet safe" varieties (we have a dog, no cats, and he hasn't seemed to bother them.) I am not a very good plant parent, but my niece (who is very much a plant person) assures me these are very difficult to kill. I have had one of them (a spider plant) for several years and it's not dead yet. Might be a record.

I like the way the greenery looks in the house. And every time I got a fake plant, it got dusty and then looked bad.

I have several indoor house plants. I have a friend down the road who helps take care of them when I'm away from home so it's probably more her talents that keep them alive because I don't have much of a green thumb. I take some of them with me at times to the campground but most of them stay home. I believe I have about 50 plants total at last count. My mother was a lover of indoor plants so it's something I like to do in memory of her. Many of the plants I have were hers years ago.

I will say, with the amount of money I'm spending on indoor grow lights, I'm surprised I haven't been visited by the authorities yet. :rotfl:

Yes & no. I've have indoor live plants in the past. They either die or grow so big I have to move them outside. So now, none inside.

We have one indoor houseplant that was a basket planter from my Mother’s funeral in 2016. It’s gotten pretty big. My husband waters it once a week, otherwise if I was in charge of it, it would not have made it.

Our college daughter, on the other hand, has at least 12. She worked at a nursery during high school and got hooked. She bought so many during that time.

My live indoor plants turn into dead indoor plants. I can grow almost anything outside though - seeds, rhizomes, bulbs, cuttings, transplants.

I would like to have one or two live indoor plants. My granny always had them and it seemed nice. I'd also like to have herbs growing in my kitchen. Unfortunately, my house gets no natural light inside. Can't manage to keep anything alive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter