slo’s SUNDAY poll - Christmas Gifts You Will Return

How many Christmas gifts, that you received, that you will return?

• None - hooray!

Votes: 40 62.5%

Votes: 6 9.4%

Votes: 2 3.1%

Votes: 1 1.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 6 or more

• None - I don’t swap gifts with others

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • None, but I have to return some for others that didn’t work out for them

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 5 7.8%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
How many Christmas gifts, that you received this season, will you return?

For Me……thank goodness none :woohoo:

I won’t be returning any. A gift I gave will be returned because my niece already had the Barbie we gave her, even though my sister said she didn’t have any. Oh well..

None for myself but got a dress coat for my daughter that needs to go up a side. Probably get the money back since I know they don’t have them anymore.

None. I am happy with everything.

But even if I wasn't, I doubt I'd return stuff. For some reason, the idea of returning things stresses me out a bit. I can't put a finger on why, but it's one of those chores that other chores always seem to jump ahead of on the list.

I don't think I'll be returning any of mine. I received a couple of clothing items that I haven't tried on yet. However, I probably won't return them even if they don't fit. I *hate* returning things.

However, I will have to make a few returns for gifts bought for others.
1) Ordered a video game for my husband from Amazon and they sent a UK version apparently which will not play on US systems. (The listing does not say ANYTHING about a UK version, but the UK version is what's shown in the photo, so I guess that's my mistake)
2) Ordered a clothing item for my daughter and her "usual size" is way too big. I'm not sure if this item is mismatched (I ordered other items from the same company and the other ones fit), or if it's the way this clothing item is designed.
3) Ordered pants for my niece -- got the exact size/item SIL told me, and even called her when I got them and said "are you sure? These look huge." And she said "yes. I'm sure. She likes them big." Guess what? Too big. Sigh.

Reactions: NAB
Youngest DD told me she has a few things that “Santa” brought from her list that don’t fit well that she would like to return. Luckily I have receipts!

None we gave mainly candy’s or food items ! Our spending threshold is low - we are adults we really don’t need things - it’s more the thought - I will say I got some really nice candy !❤️ I also found some interesting jerky that I gave - salmon - who knew?? And I found bison which is hard to find
BTW - salmon was a bug hit !!

One. Both DH and DD gave me the exact same cookbook. They didn’t coordinate with each other in advance.

I opened DD’s first, so DH is the one who looked awkward. Nelson: Ha ha. ;)

None we gave mainly candy’s or food items ! Our spending threshold is low - we are adults we really don’t need things - it’s more the thought - I will say I got some really nice candy !❤ I also found some interesting jerky that I gave - salmon - who knew?? And I found bison which is hard to find
BTW - salmon was a bug hit !!
I love salmon jerky! You can find it at Trader Joe’s here in So Cal.

No gifts to be returned! We did small gifts, easy to pack for our kids who travel here. And, a few clothing items that fit and already being worn.

Nothing.....although not sure what to do with the S'more and hot chocolate set DGS gave me.
I don't do either since I am diabetic. He doesn't like hot chocolate, so guess he will eat the S'Mores things separate because he doesn't like them together or hot. But it is a cute set and he picked it out (he's 4)

Nothing to return. I got gift cards, a nice Mickey Mouse luggage tag for my suitcase, and candy. Next weekend I'm seeing my sister to exchange gifts, which includes some gifts from her grown kids as well, but I doubt there will be anything I'd want to return.

None. I am happy with everything.

But even if I wasn't, I doubt I'd return stuff. For some reason, the idea of returning things stresses me out a bit. I can't put a finger on why, but it's one of those chores that other chores always seem to jump ahead of on the list.

I hear that. The only gift I have ever returned was when I was a child. “Santa” got me an electronic trivia quiz game that kept giving me the wrong answers. I wasn’t going to say anything but Mom, who was a teacher, heard me playing with it and realized it wasn’t right. She returned it and gave me the money instead. I have received some gifts over the years that I wasn’t thrilled with, but I didn’t return them. We don’t buy clothes as gifts unless it’s something that has been specifically requested, including size and color.

I voted other because it's too soon to tell how this will play out. My DSis gave me a trip to Toronto with tickets to see the Raptors play the Lakers in March. :banana: Wow - best present ever!! :banana: BUT...two weeks ago Ontario reimposed strict Covid measures that include capacity limits in public venues. :( Both the Raptors and the Maple Leafs have cancelled all single-purchase tickets through the end of January and are only allowing season-ticket holders to attend and even then there's a lottery system (the Raptors venue is capped at 5,000 people). Nothing to do now but wait and hope this newest version of our collective Covid nightmare sorts itself out and things open back up in time.

None for myself but got a dress coat for my daughter that needs to go up a side. Probably get the money back since I know they don’t have them anymore.
That is always disappointing. :(

I love salmon jerky! You can find it at Trader Joe’s here in So Cal.
Thanks ! Great to know it was a huge hit and I would like to purchase more - this was the first time I ever saw it !! We love salmon and we have Trader Joe’s so I will check them out

None. But I bought 2 items for my mom that were very similar just to make sure I was getting the right item. So one will go back to Amazon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter