• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s THURSDAY 2/29 poll - COVID 😷

COVID - Have you had it and how many times? (m.c.)

• Yes - I’ve had COVID

Votes: 103 64.8%
  • No - I’ve not had COVID, but I think I did

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • No - I’ve not had COVID and I never felt like I did

Votes: 37 23.3%
  • One time

Votes: 72 45.3%
  • Two times

Votes: 30 18.9%
  • Three times

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Four times

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Five or more times

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
So….many of you know that several of my poll subjects come from the current events of what’s going on in my life - some serious and some trivial. This one is more serious - there’s COVID in my house for the first time. My DH was diagnosed with COVID yesterday and he is quite sick. In fact, he said he has never felt this sick in his adult life. So, the poor guy has banished himself to the basement to try and keep the germs down there. I have a compromised immune system, so he’s doing his best to protect me, which I’m very grateful for. So I’m curious today……

Have you had COVID?
If yes…..how many times?
(multiple choice)

*This poll will not allow debates about COVID. I take pride with knowing that DISers can post on here without backlash from others. If you want to debate COVID, then start your own thread up in the new section of The CB. I will ask for the poll to be shut down if my request is not respected - thank you.

For Me……I have never had COVID, which is still shocking to me since I do have a compromised immune system. During COVID I still worked with the public since I’m an essential worker, I’ve flown 3 times, been to a crowded WDW twice and have been to other crowded places. If I don’t get it now, when it’s in the house, I will be super shocked, especially since my DH was starting to not feel well before his diagnosis. I was in a car with him all day on Sunday and he was probably contagious then. It’s in God’s hands now, and what will be, will be. I just hope if I get it, that I get it quick, because we’re supposed to be leaving for Florida on March 9th.

IMG_1593.jpeg

I think I had it around the first of the year. My kids had been exposed over Christmas, but never became symptomatic. I got what I thought was a cold with some body aches, a bad cough and a very runny nose. When I had mostly recovered I was talking to some medical professionals that thought it was likely COVID. Took me 4-5 weeks to actually feel better.

I hope your husband gets better, soon. Covid is a serious illness.

I've never had Covid. We have gone to WDW during the height of the pandemic lockdowns. We've flown on many flights, too. My husband finally got Covid in May of 2022, when that new variant came out that so many people were getting.

I have a very strong immune system. I think part of it is from working in downtown Chicago and taking a commuter train for 19 years. I was exposed to germs for years. And my body had to develop lots of antibodies. I've also had all of the vaccines that are available for Covid.

I'm grateful that I didn't get Covid and hope that I never will.

Never had it diagnosed but I think my son and I might have had before it was declared a pandemic. We came home from WDW with what we thought at the time was just the Disney gunk. I had problems breathing without it hurting and my son is a RT so he told me I had walking pneumonia. We both hurt when we took a breath and I had a cough which lasted for weeks. We both had the usual flu symptoms. At the time, no one had heard of Covid so there were no tests. It was maybe 3 weeks before it came to public attention so we are pretty sure we had it. I went to WDW after it opened back up but masks were still required even outside and didn't get it. My son worked at a grocery store where masks were not required (Georgia) and he nor his wife nor their baby ever got it. Which leads us to believe we either had it and built up an immunity or we were just immune to start with and had a bad flu.

Got it once after a cruise. Only had it once .

Flu is really bad this winter and cough that last over 100 days. I have the cough since January when I had a bad cold.

Twice for me.

The first time, I got it from work, and I brought it home to the family.
The second time, we got it from WDW.

My husband and kids have had the flu last week/this week and it’s hit them harder and longer than Covid.
Interesting you say this, because 2 years ago my DD20 had Influenza A and she was so horribly sick - terribly sick. Way more sick than how people I knew that had COVID. I thought to myself then that if I was given a choice, I think I’d pick COVID. She was more sick than what my DH is right now and she’s not a wimpy, dramatic or over embellishing type kid - she’s the most level headed kid I’ve ever known.

I hope your family feels better soon and you stay flu free :wizard:

Twice - January 2023 and again earlier this month.

Last year was like a mild flu for a few days, but I had a cough that lingered for weeks and I lost my sense of smell and taste for a few months.

When I had it a few weeks ago, it was like a flu for a day, a cold for a day, and then I was fine.

I have been pretty lucky.

Hope your DH gets well soon.

I've had Covid twice. Once in 2022 after a cruise......didn't even know I had it. It was June and just felt like my allergies were there for the season. DD, DGD and DGS were on the same cruise and didn't get it.
DH caught it from me.....he felt like he had the flu. He is more autoimmune compromised than I am (but I am too).

Second time DH and I were coming back from WDW. We always test after a trip before we visit with family. We test positive but I didn't feel sick at all with anything. DH had a bad cold.

He caught it one more time after a cruise. He didn't feel too bad. Allergy symptoms.
I was negative.
We fly, cruise and visit Disney parks a lot.
We just got back from an 11 night cruise and both tested negative.

My family had covid once in the summer of 2022. The kids brought it home from summer camp and we all got it. It took us a long time to realize what it was because we didn't get too sick. Anyway, we'd been vaccinated, so it wasn't a big deal. We haven't had it since. We did all get the flu about a month ago, that was not fun.

I've had it once in April 2022. I got it from my dad who got it from my sister (who got stuck in Costa Rica for an extra week because of it).
I didn't have it too bad, but I was so tired.

Technically Covid no but caught something before Covid was a declared pandemic that had all intense purposes appeared to be Covid this was before Covid was known in the United States since it has become known I have never caught it I have been on cruises I have been to Walt Disney World never caught it I was in essential worker my whole household or essential workers and no one in my area believes in taking practices that you’re supposed to take during the pandemic it was business as usual

SLO
I do hope your darling husband feels better real soon and I hope you don’t catch it!!! I’m praying for you and him ❤️❤️🙏🙏

Hope he gets better very soon, and it's not a bad case. I've had it twice, 2021, and then Oct 2023, when we got back from Disney, DH caught it in Oct, 2022 after our Disney trip, then DD caught it that same week. She hadn't been to Disney with us, but had been visiting here over here for her fall break. My cases were like having a very bad case of the flu. The first time, I did lose my sense of taste and smell. It was so bizarre, since my sense of smell is my best sense.
what's worse this year for folks around here, seems to be RSV and the flu. DD was So, so sick a few weeks ago, w RSV, took a few weeks to really get over it. Couple people at work have had respiratory things, not the flu or RSV or Covid, but really bad colds that took weeks to get over.
we also were very, very sick in Dec, 2019, Jan 2020 with something awful, but this was before Covid became a thing. I will always wonder if we had that then.

• Love
Reactions: slo
I've had it twice, once pre vaccine availability and once post. The first was more scary because of so many unknowns and my DH and I are both Type 1 diabetic. The fatigue was the worst part for me - the rest was just allergy/cold like symptoms. I felt blessed that it never progressed to more.

My DD13 has also had it twice, but not at the same time as me. She was not symptomatic at all the first time, we had been exposed and got tested and she was the only one in our family to come back positive. The second time I would have barely guessed she had a cold maybe - but she insisted on taking a home test and it was positive.

All that to say, my DH works in the hospital (though non clinical), worked through the height at it all, lived with DD and I having Covid on a total of 4 different occasions, and has yet to have it... it is still just such a complicated and odd virus to me.

Never had it. Haven't been sick with anything more than a sinus thing for a couple of days since probably 2018; keep assuming I'm due any time now but not yet. I have 3 kids, around lots of people, travel, been around several people with covid, I don't get covid or flu shots, don't wear masks - still nada. Gotta happen eventually. I'll probably get sick right after I finish writing this now, ha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter