slo’s THURSDAY 5/11 poll - Pistachios

Pistachios - Do you like them with or without the shell?

• I like them with the shell only

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • I like them without the shell only

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • I like them equally both ways

Votes: 41 40.6%
  • I like them 75% of the time with shell and 25% of the time without the shell

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • I like them 25% of the time with shell and 75% of the time without the shell

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • I don’t like pistachios

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • I’ve never tried pistachios - I should try

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I’ve never tried pistachios - I have no desire to try

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I can’t eat pistachios

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters
I haven’t had them in a while, but I do like them. When I was deployed to the Middle East, we often had grocery bags full (with shells) and ate them quite regularly.
Oh wow, just realized I haven't even seen the red ones in ages... now I am wondering why were they dyed red anyway?

Sounds delicious! I've bought the nut crusts for DH (has to watch sugar) but I never thought about making my own. It is fairy easy or kind of tricky?
It’s really easy I just get the shelled pistachios in a bag and put them in the food processor to grind them up, add some melted butter and some sugar (to taste) and spread it out like a crust in a pie pan.

Give them to your kids and let them shell them and scatter the shells on the carpet of the plane ;)
That would be really bad though …given the kid I’m traveling with is 25! 😂. But you gave me an idea …I think I’ll have her sit here and shell them for the return flight!

I like them either way but if I’m sitting around eating them, I’ll pick with the shell to slow down eating. Sometimes when I’m out and really hungry, I’ll grab one of those single serve shelled pack to hold me over to the next meal instead of chips.

I forgot all about the red ones. We always used to have those around during Christmas time.

I also like pistachio ice cream and pudding but don’t really have it much.

I'm not sure I had ever had a pistachio until I was over 40. Maybe baked into something or in a handful of mixed nuts. A coworker offered me some from a big bag they had bought and I was hooked. Love 'em. Prefer in shell lightly salted. I really think they develop a different texture unshelled and only buy them that way to use in a recipe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter