slo’s THURSDAY 6/15 poll - Which Door?

Which door do you enter your home through?

• Front door

Votes: 51 43.6%
  • Back door

Votes: 18 15.4%
  • Garage door (one that connects the house to the garage)

Votes: 57 48.7%
  • Another door

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • All the above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use one door only

Votes: 13 11.1%
  • I use two doors

Votes: 11 9.4%
  • I use three doors

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
Currently the back door, with occasional front door use. Garage is unattached and at the rear of the property, so the driveway extends the length of the property too. Previous two homes had attached garages and the driveways in the front, so access was through the front door or the garage door.

Our garage is detached and in the back of the house. I usually come in the back door. Sometimes if I’m going back out and leave my car out, I’ll come in the front door. It’s easier to bring groceries in the front door. Less steps.

Attached garage. I come in garage door to family room 99% of the time. Once in the house, if I have to go outside for something around the house, like getting the morning papers in the driveway, front door maybe 20% of the time, garage still the most though for out and in.

If we take my car, we use the back door because of where I park and if we take my husbands truck we use the front door since he parks on the street. I don’t think we’ve opened our side door more than six times in the 12 years we’ve lived here.

I have a car port, not a garage and the door from there goes right into the kitchen. That is the door I always use.

Since I’m usually travelling by car, it’s almost always through the door to the garage. Occasionally when I’m arriving home with packages to be carried in I’ll park on the street and come in through the back yard and use the patio door. Very rarely I’ll head out for a walk through the front door.

I checked other because I only have one door. I have a basement apartment in my daughter's house. While I guess it would be considered my front door as it is in my living room, it is at the back of the house so could be back door also, lol.
If I am out & about with my daughter in her car, we use the garage entrance which goes directly into her kitchen so very convenient. She rarely ever uses her front door or her back door.

I enter through the garage door when coming back from driving somewhere....it enters right into the butler's pantry,which is the start of the kitchen.
and the French door to go in and out of the back yard

When I come home in my car, I enter through the garage door. If I take the dogs for a walk, we leave and return through the back slider.

Back door - our garage is attached to the house, but no door that goes directly into the house! You have to exit the garage, go about 3 feet around the corner and up the stairs to the back door. A pain with a lot of groceries! It's a 100 year old house in a historic district so it was probably a carriage house at one time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter