• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s TUESDAY 2/6 poll - Campbell’s Chunky Soup 🥣

Chunky Soup - Do you eat it? What types of flavors? Can or Microwavable Bowl? (m.c.)

• Yes - I eat Chunky Soup

Votes: 41 38.3%
  • No - I do not eat Chunky Soup (I used to)

Votes: 30 28.0%
  • No - I do not eat Chunky Soup (I never have)

Votes: 31 29.0%
  • I eat traditional flavors - chicken noodle, beef vegetable and etc

Votes: 35 32.7%
  • I eat specialty flavors - Sirloin Burger, Spicy Chicken Quesadilla and etc

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • I eat seafood or no meat flavors - clam chowder, vegetable and etc

Votes: 19 17.8%
  • I buy the can

Votes: 38 35.5%
  • I buy the microwavable bowl

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I buy both

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 9 8.4%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Chunky Soup, you know, the one thats a soup that eats like a meal, has been around a long time and has a ton of flavors. Many people enjoy these soups, and I’m wondering if you are one of them. So……

Do you eat Chunky Soup?
If yes…do you eat traditional flavors or specialty flavors?
If yes…do you buy the can, microwavable bowl or both?
(multiple choice)

For Me……I do not buy or eat Chunky Soup (I never have). I used to buy it a very long time ago for my DH, but I stopped due to not wanting him to have all the sodium (he has high BP).

IMG_1553.jpeg

DH really likes them, and I will share a can with him. I prefer Campbell’s Homemade style soups.

I had them in the past occasions I want some I’ll have some I’m not a big soup fan so I don’t eat soup very often if I’m in a restaurant I’ll eat soup but at home not so much and I’m too lazy to make soup because I can’t eat all that soup so I’m not gonna make it Because I can’t seem to make a little batch of soup I make enough soup to feed like all of the United States

I have in the past, but haven't bought any in many years.
I prefer to make my own soup.
When on vacation it is whatever is on sale, but never seems to be Campbell's

I don't really eat it, but I used to buy it all the time for the kids: chicken noodle. They loved it better than the other brands, like Progresso. DD also likes the clam chowder.

No canned soup for me, the stuff that's here is for an unexpected drop-in from grandkids, or for use in recipes.

Occasionally. I avoid having that much sodium too often, but once in a while I do really want some clam chowder.

We use more progresso, than chunky, but don't use either much. Mostly for backup. Really cold damp day, need a warmup and tea won't cut it.

For several years now, been making chicken noodle or beef barly with instapot without salt . Use salt free stock in addition what I get from cooking the meat. But DH adds a little hot sauce which does have some salt, but nothing like cans sodium content.

We loved the chunky commercials from long long ago with Reggie White and his mom. For a long time, we would say, what soup do you want? The Reggie soup.

I eat Chunky soup occasionally, but DH eats it often. Many different kinds. It’s an easy quick lunch for him.

I eat Campbell's Chunky Soup (and Progresso too) in the can. I tend to get traditional flavors like chicken noodle, beef barley or clam chowder. I like to eat soup and George Foreman hot sandwiches on the weekends when it's cold out.

DS is fond of the Campbell's chili mac. DH prefers Progresso stuff like minestrone and beef barley. DD likes lentil and split pea

Seven cans in the pantry right now. Not sure how you define "specialty flavors". Okay, I have seen the Ghost Pepper Chicken Noodle and it labeled as New. They always have it so it apparently is not selling well, unlike my favorite, Chicken and Dumplings.
Shouldn't eat any of the soups in the store, too much salt. So don't tell my Doctor.

Ages ago, back in my late teens, I was obsessed with Chunky Sirloin Burger. It eventually occurred to me that the little burgers (which seemed so cute and novel) were just larger flattened versions of the meatballs in Campbell's Spaghettios. As a little kid, I was notorious for eating the meatballs out of my Spaghettios and leaving the pasta. The sodium and the overall nutritional aspects pushed me away from the product line altogether.

These days, I don't have soup often due to the sodium, but several of Progresso's vegetable classics are my go-to if I want a premade treat. Sure, I can make my own soup, but I often don't have the time and don't find it fills me up enough...unless it's matzo ball soup.

I used to eat them. Then I saw how much sodium is in one can. Even in their Healthy Requests line, that sodium level in one serving, about 410mg is way too high for me. I usually have that amount in 2-3 servings of other foods throughout the day.

Never bought the Chucky but I might be done with Campbell’s soup. Bought a can of tomato soup not too ago and it caused the milk to curdle. Looked like I had melted mozzarella cheese in the soup. Then when I was sick I asked my daughter to pick me a can of chicken & rice and it was just good. The rice seemed mushy and the broth was just not good. I think I’ll stick to making my own for now.

I used to eat them. Sirloin burger was my favorite. I make homemade soup often and prefer that over canned now. I do buy canned Chunky soups for my Dad as part of his food gifts I give him for Christmas and his birthday, along with frozen dishes I make him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter