slo’s TUESDAY 5/21 poll - The Inverted Umbrella ☂️

The Inverted Umbrella - Do you have one? and If no, would you like one? (m.c.)

• Yes - I have one

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • No - I do not have one

Votes: 41 55.4%
  • I used to have one, but it broke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I used to have one, but it disappeared (someone took it or I lost it)

• I would like to have one

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • I would like to replace the one I used to have

• I’ve never heard of this product - I’d like try it

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • I’ve never heard of this product - I have no desire to try it

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • I’ve never heard of this product - I have no need to try (I live somewhere with very little rain)

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Whoever invented the inverted umbrella is a genius.
Let us know…..

Do you have an inverted umbrella?
If no….would you consider buying one?
(multiple choice)

For Me…..I do have a red inverted umbrella and I love it! When I use it, and get into my car, the water stays in the umbrella, and doesn’t get the inside of my car wet. I think it’s a great product.

IMG_1705.jpeg

I don't use an umbrella a lot. Maybe for church and Dr appointments so I don't drip on the floor. But most times, hey it raining, let's wait until later to go shopping.

Just thought that might be great at disney. Raining cats and dogs and then those shiny slick floors all over the place.

I've never heard of an inverted umbrella, but it sounds like a great idea. I used to use an umbrella frequently when I worked in downtown Chicago. I had a 3/4 mile walk to the office and needed to be prepared for all kinds of weather. :)

Never heard of it. Not interested.

We don't use umbrellas. It doesn't rain much and we just go out in it when it does.
When we travel if rain is expected, I pack a little fold up one

I'm not convinced I own an umbrella anymore. And I live in a rainy area. But if it rains, I stay in or I get a little wet, or sometimes get a lot wet if I have planned poorly.

I have an umbrella in the back of my vehicle. It was my MIL's and I ended up with it when she passed away 25 years ago. I may have used it a handful of times. I also keep a baseball cap in my car and find that works better for me. I seem to get wetter in the rain getting the umbrella out of the back of the car and opening up than just putting on the baseball cap and walking briskly inside out of the rain.

I've seen them in smaller sizes and recently saw that they come in larger sizes...fairly close to the biggest golf umbrellas. Although, I still haven't seen a 72"...but they may be out there. That being said, we tend to use ours more for sun and UV protection, so the inversion feature isn't as useful to warrant the replacement purchase.

Hadn't heard of it, does seem like a good idea. I have an umbrella that is rarely used, probably can pass on the inverted version.

Never heard of them. I do use an umbrella quite often, at home and traveling too. Next time I need a new one I would consider an inverted one.

I don't really need a new umbrella. I've had the same one in my car for 8 years and it's always worked.

Never heard to this type of umbrella. The water has to go somewhere when you fold it up, I don't really see much difference. Usually keep an umbrella in the back of the car in case there is a sudden shower while out shopping. Started to rain really hard while at the local home improvement store last week. Just waited by the door for a couple of minutes until it stopped. If it rains really hard, it generally doesn't last very long.

When I use it, and get into my car, the water stays in the umbrella, and doesn’t get the inside of my car wet.
I have a question, Sandy. You get bsck into the car, or go into your house or other building after using the umbrella in the rain. You close the umbrella. Water that was still on the outside surface of the umbrella is now like 'in' the umbrella, like a vase holding water. What do you now do with the water that's 'in' the umbrella now that you're in the car or building?

Reactions: slo
Whoever invented the inverted umbrella is a genius.
Let us know…..

Do you have an inverted umbrella?
If no….would you consider buying one?
(multiple choice)

For Me…..I do have a red inverted umbrella and I love it! When I use it, and get into my car, the water stays in the umbrella, and doesn’t get the inside of my car wet. I think it’s a great product.

View attachment 861658
We got one as a freebee at an event. I like it, mostly. What I'm not fond of is that it's big (not foldable) and more bulky that a typical umbrella.

I have a question, Sandy. You get bsck into the car, or go into your house or other building after using the umbrella in the rain. You close the umbrella. Water that was still on the outside surface of the umbrella is now like 'in' the umbrella, like a vase holding water. What do you now do with the water that's 'in' the umbrella now that you're in the car or building?
There’s never very much water inside. When I’m in the car I stand it up with the handle down and then shake the water out later.

When I go into work I open it up in my office to let it dry out. There’s never lots of water in there. It dries pretty quick.

Had one, thought it was difficult to close. I lost it somewhere, didn't cry. Or maybe it was difficult to open. It was one or the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter