slo’s TUESDAY 9/12 poll - Salmon

Salmon - what’s your opinion and where do you eat it?

• I love it ❤️

Votes: 52 41.3%
  • I like it 🙂👍🏻

Votes: 22 17.5%
  • I somewhat like it 👍🏻

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • It’s edible 😶

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t like it 🙁👎🏻

Votes: 26 20.6%
  • No opinion - I’ve never tried salmon

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • I/someone else make it at home

Votes: 55 43.7%
  • I eat it at a restaurant

Votes: 49 38.9%
  • I eat it nowhere

Votes: 13 10.3%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 5 4.0%

• Total voters
We had salmon for dinner last night. Baked in the oven with lemon, and then my wife made a sour cream and dill sauce to put on it. Very good.
My only issue is that my wife prefers Atlantic Salmon and I like sockeye salmon a little more, she doesn't. And I like all fish, she is afraid of cooking a lot of other kinds of fish. And these are all fish that she likes if prepared in a restaurant. Cod, tilapia, roughy, and when we really want to break the bank, halibut. It was on sale yesterday at the store, for only $11.99 for a 5 ounce fillet!

Not a fan. I eat it if we are having dinner at someone's home and salmon is the entree, but I don't buy it at home, or in a restaurant. About the only way I think it's "ok" is if it has a teriyaki marinade and is then grilled.

I used this same recipe for chicken as well.

I enjoy raw salmon, smoked salmon, and good salmon recipes where it is not overcooked. Cedar plank on the grill is good. I prefer skin on when I have cooked salmon most of the time.

I’m don’t like salmon and I’ve tried really hard to do so. I like other seafood and most white fish. I love poke bowls with ahi tuna. Salmon tastes fishy to me.

To me, it just tastes ok. Had breast cancer 4 yr ago and oncologist recommended to not eat any Atlantic salmon ever again because almost all Atlantic salmon sold in grocery stores & restaurants are farm-raised, and they're usually fed soy. And soy creates an estrogen-like response. AND my cancer was estrogen-receptor positive.

Wild-caught Pacific salmon? That's ok to eat.

So I just don't bother eating salmon anymore. Not worth the hassle.

I love it....make it 2-3 times a month I'd say. We really love salmon, brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes. I play with those three ingredients...can make it several ways, with a little heat, or a chili/maple drizzle...or with a balsamic/dijon drizzle. I usually roast it all in the oven, sweet potatoes in first, then Brussels...then salmon. 400 degrees...one hour start to finish.

I usually don't cook fish in the kitchen as an adult, but my parents are good at cooking fish in various ways like stir fry and broiled. I am not a big fan of farmed ish because some it get a muddy taste like catfish.

Sockeye only, up to 5 nights/wk

easy - peasy =
evoo in pan on LOW temp
pat filet dry and pepper both sides
meat side down for 5 to 8 minutes
flip with skin side same time - crispy skin is best

Grew up with my grandmother making "salmon cakes" (patties) with canned salmon and some other ingredients. Great with a bowl of beans, hot cornbread and some greens.

Now I usually eat it sauteed or roasted in the oven as part of a sheet pan meal. I also like to marinade it in some Asian-inspired ingredients and grill it.
Salmon cakes are why I don’t like it. My mother used canned salmon and it had bones. 🤢

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter