slo’s VALENTINE’S DAY 2/14 poll - Valentine’s Day Gifts 💕

Valentine’s Day Gifts - Are you buying any and who for? (m.c.)

• Yes - I bought a gift(s)

Votes: 44 37.9%
  • Yes - I will be buying a gift(s)

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • No - I will not be buying any gifts

Votes: 61 52.6%
  • For my spouse

Votes: 27 23.3%
  • For my significant other

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • For my boyfriend or girlfriend

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • For my child(ren)

Votes: 29 25.0%
  • For a parent

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • For a friend or someone else

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 12 10.3%

• Total voters
Yes, definitely! We are people of celebration and will jump on any happy thing, especially a chance to demonstrate that even in the toughest times, we LOVE each other. :lovestruc I got traditional, heart-shaped boxes of candy for DH, DS and an elderly upstairs neighbour.

It is a little discordant with today also being Ash Wednesday, which I will personally observe as well, which means we will probably only have a very humble meal tonight instead of going out for a special dinner.

No gift exchange between me and husband this year Did get daughter a Snoopy Valentine throw blanket, she loves soft blankets and a Target gift card. No candy this year.

No, no gifts really. Did go to dollar store and got cards for my (grown) girls and hubby along with dollar box candy. That's it.

Married 27.5 years and we just go out to dinner, usually not on the actual day due to it being hard to get a resie and we fear too crowded. But this year we made a resie in time and are just going early today. We really don't care about birthdays, anniversaries and Valentine's. Not a big deal to us anymore. Wanted to care for our 25th but covid times ruined that so maybe the 30th. Lol.

I bought gifts for our kids and our next door neighbor's son (8 yo). DH and I haven't exchanged gifts in a very long time.

My husband and I enjoyed a bottle of our favorite Rosa Regale last night to celebrate Valentine’s since today is the start of lent for us. We don’t buy anything valentines for each other or the kids.

Nope. Not buying anything because, while my wife loves me, she HATES Valentines Day.

I usually buy my husband a Valentine card and make a nice dinner. But we just got back from WDW and I'm calling that our Valentine gift. I'll make some brownies today but otherwise it will be normal. :)

I made chocolate covered strawberries for my husband and son (our other 4 kids live elsewhere). I bought som Lou Malnatis pizzas for dinner (H is a fan), and I sent flowers to my MIL (H’s dad passed away in November, she just moved into assisted living a couple of weeks ago).

No, no gifts really. Did go to dollar store and got cards for my (grown) girls and hubby along with dollar box candy. That's it.

Married 27.5 years and we just go out to dinner, usually not on the actual day due to it being hard to get a resie and we fear too crowded. But this year we made a resie in time and are just going early today. We really don't care about birthdays, anniversaries and Valentine's. Not a big deal to us anymore. Wanted to care for our 25th but covid times ruined that so maybe the 30th. Lol.
lol we are 28 years in May, COVID kind of wrecked out 25 as well.

For Marie I have a very nice card and a 2 pound box of Fannie May Pixies, her favorite. Pretty traditional. Also, a very nice card for Natalie.

Marie will have a nice card and a funny card for me, along with several small sweets snacks, little individual bags of cookies, nuts and similar. She also sends the grandkids cards with a small gift card for like McD's, Subway or similar.

Happy Valantine's Day everybody. :love:

yeah, we pretty much always buy stuff after the holidays at 75% off... but there is less and less of it every year :(

Most of the holidays are made up anyway..so may as well do it at our convenience.
In the past we really only did it for family and young kids...so no need anymore.

Valentine's Day especially! There are usually tons of candy heart boxes still on the shelves on 2/14 and when I pop in on 2/15 they're gone. It's primarily bags of themed candy that's left in the discounted goods. So much of this is for show for kids. While I don't miss making elaborate Valentine boxes and filling out all of those little cards, the kids really enjoyed it. Once all of that passed we just stopped doing much of anything. DH and I celebrated some of this in our early days, but we usually pushed any celebratory meal to a different day so we didn't have to deal with crowds and I'm not big into flowers. So, I guess I'm just not the target market of the Valentine industry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter