• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s WEDNESDAY 6/15 poll - The Beach

The Beach - How often do you go? (M.C.)

• A lot

Votes: 11 10.4%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • Once in awhile

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • Rarely

Votes: 31 29.2%
  • Never

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • I’ve never been to a beach

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We live very close to a beach - walking distance

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • We live close to a beach - driving distance

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • We do not live by a beach - if you go to the beach, please post when

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
My sister lives and works near Cocoa Beach, and I go over to visit maybe four times a year. It’s about a two hour drive for me, but if I am going that far, I usually stay for a few nights, at least a weekend. That’s when those hotel loyalty points come in handy!

I voted "Once in a while" but I really should go more. I live within an easy drive of ocean beaches, and DS and I used to go a lot when he was little.

Our parents took us a lot when we were kids in grade school during our family vacations in Florida, usually Daytona beach. Since then I've only been to the beach twice, once during our honeymoon, and once with our daughter's. Most beaches aren't too accessible for me unless they have beach wheelchairs, or DH carries me, so we usually find other places to go and have fun.

I would say once every 3/4 weeks starting in May through October. We go to Race Point in Providence Town, the ORV part. We drive right onto the beach with our "stuff", setup grill, tent and spend the day chilling, napping, reading, walking. We also rent a beach house the week after Labor Day on the Cape, which is right on the beach.

We live in Maine, but not near the shore. However, my sister and brother (and their kids) live in York Beach, so anytime we go visit we drive by the beach repeatedly, but don't actually GO to the beach. DH and I rent a cottage that is one block off the beach for 2 weeks every summer, but we don't "Go" to the beach very much. We'll walk on the beach with coffee (am) or adult beverage (pm) almost every day, but will only actually GO to the beach, towels and chairs in hand, maybe twice during our 2 week stay.

Near me? Never. There are plenty within driving distance, but I have no interest.

I did briefly walk on a beach during my last two vacations, in Malaga and Arcachon. We're talking like 15 minutes, tops. I'm not a beach person.

I recently moved 2 hours from the beach! I’ve only been once so far this season but plan for a few day trips throughout the summer.

The last few years we always do a family week at a beach house. Other than that I don’t go very often. We are about 2 hours away. When I lived in NY I went all the time.

We have one 3 hours away but have only been a few times over the years. We are more into vacations like Disney or to see other states or other countries and are always on the go.

I enjoy the beach but we don't live near one. Hoping to hit the beach on our upcoming cruise. We were in California recently so we walked on the boardwalk by the beach but it was too cold to go swimming.

The beach is my happy place. We live in Massachusetts but most of my family is in RI and lives 5 minutes from gorgeous beaches. My dad lives a mile from the beach and I am here now. Just purchased my summer beach pass yesterday!
We went to the beach yesterday and had dinner on the beach. We love all beaches, but our faves are Block Island, Martha’s Vineyard, Caped Cod and Hilton Head.

So I’ve lived on Long Island all my life; we are surrounded by water. Atlantic Ocean (and bays) on the south shore, LI Sound on the north shore, all very close. Where I live now, I’m about 10 miles from the ocean, and go to the beach frequently. In fact, I was there earlier today. I usually go for walks on the boardwalk 2 or 3 times a week. Don’t swim/ride the waves much lately, but I’ll sit and walk on the sand and wade in the water. I grew up going to the beach and hanging out there with friends all summer.

The beach is my calm and peaceful place; I find comfort in the sound of the waves, the soft breeze and beautiful sunsets. We go all year round, though not as much in fall and winter, but it’s lovely in the off-season and practically deserted. Someday, we’ll probably move away, and I know many won’t understand this, but I can’t imagine living in a landlocked state.

Multiple times a year. DH & I usually have 2 trips to Avalon, NJ . Plus we have a family vacation to Ocean City NJ with My Mom, Sister and her family .
Our Avalon trip is at a hotel located beach front but we usually hang at the pool and walk on the beach. The Ocean City location is beach front so we do go down to the beach to sit. I am not a fan of Ocean swimming and just go in enough to cool down if it's hot.
Of course when talking about New Jersey beaches we refer to it as going to the Shore. (including DH who grew up in Philadelphia but spent his summers at the Shore)

I voted "every now and then"... every year or so when we go on vacation, that's about it, which is usually flying to Florida. We can drive up to Indiana Dunes (Lake Michigan) which is a lot easier than flying to FL. I really like Indiana Dunes about as well, except the darn water is a bit cold. We live in the middle of the state where there are not beaches close, gonna have to drive a few hours or fly somewhere to get to one.

We bought a condo in a beachfront hi-rise last autumn. It’s mostly rented for this summer, but the last week in August before Labor Day is still available. If nobody rents we’ll go down for the week.

I’m trying to decide when to retire. Most likely after I do we’ll spend summers there, as well as various other times of the year.

I’ve always enjoyed beach vacations and day trips.

We do a beach vacation at least once a year.
This year we did a beach Spring Break vacation to Florida and this summer we plan on visiting a family member who lives at the shore but we probably won't go to the beach.

From where I live we can be at the beach in 40 minutes. We never go, it's way to crowded with city people and quite frankly it's gross, trash left everywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter