slowest time in Nov or DEc

mommytobug

DIS Veteran
What are the slowest weeks in Nov and Dec to visit? We went in Oct last year and while lines were not that long, I would like it even less crowded...we were there for the Halloween party and the golf tournament was during that time also.......THANKS You all have a wealth of knowledge....maybe one day I can help someone too:o)))):bounce:

If you are talking about the parks then Nov or December is fine just stay away from there Thanksgiving and the Christmas Week. DVC is relatively more busy during that time period especially December, like I said so many times DVC members are real savvy travelers when it comes to WDW.

Do you mean slow by DVC terms, or WDW terms? For DVC, I think just before Thanksgiving would be slower, but the first half of December is busy because of the low point costs and the decorations.

We went the week before Thanksgiving last year. Not the week of Thanksgiving, but the week before. It was great. Just the right amount of people. It was the end of the Food and Wine Festival and it was great. Nice weather, not too hot, but we could wear shorts. We weren't DVC members then (bought while we were there) so I'm not sure what the availability would be in the DVC resorts. We stayed at CBR. Got in on the deal where we reserved four night and got three nights free. I loved this time of year.:drinking:

I believe the first full week of November is the infamous Jersey Week--thus named because the New Jersey school system schedules several days of teacher conferences, giving students nearly a full week off. As crazy as it sounds, this little quirk in just one state apparently has quite an impact on WDW.

Reports on the theme parks board indicated that the parks were VERY busy for this entire week, and immediately thereafter went back to the off-season levels that btrim described.

If you're looking at early November, search the Theme Parks board for "Jersey Week" and you will find the exact dates to avoid.

I don't think the week before THanksgiving would be considered early November. I think Jersey week is the first week.

Jersey week is November 1-5. The convention is November 4, 5 & 6 and November 2 is election day. Some districts float Veterans Day and Columbus Day and give the students the whole week off.

Originally posted by dianeschlicht
I don't think the week before THanksgiving would be considered early November. I think Jersey week is the first week.

Huh??? :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter