Small dilemma. CSR or CBR

Derek Demsher

Earning My Ears
Hey there everyone!! we are looking into a trip to my second home this coming august :flower1:
first week or two of august to be exact.

Im having a hard time deciding between Coronado (standard view) or Caribbean beach (water view).

Ive never stayed at, or even visited, either these resorts before. so its all fresh and new for me.

Our favorite resorts are POR, AKL, and WL. not that these two are anything like any of those haha.

While Caribbean beach is about $10 more per night, the idea of being a bit more centrally located is pretty enticing. also, unsure if the skyliner will be open then, but that would be cool too if it was.

However, Ive heard that Coronado is a quieter, more relaxed feeling resort. its a bit cheaper, but I've heard its a little further and bus rides can be a little long. but it looks like a beautiful resort, so I'm willing to try it.

does anyone here have any preference on either one? or particular preference why one is better that the other?

Thanks in Advanced!!

Don't let the "view" influence you unless you're planning to stand out on the public walkway, or sit in your room with the drapes open, staring out, interrupted only by multiplying or persons crossing your view repeatedly.

Never stayed a CBR, but FOR feels relaxing and has more food options.

We have stayed at CBR and liked it, and we have another stay coming up... BUT it is under so much construction right now that I would only stay there if you're staying preferred and not across the bridge. And even after the construction is finished, there are now gigantic towers and it really seems to be taking away from the theming on the standard side. I definitely would not pay for a "water view" there.

I'm actually regretting booking our upcoming stay at CBR. It sounds like a hot mess.

Hey there everyone!! we are looking into a trip to my second home this coming august :flower1:
first week or two of august to be exact.

Im having a hard time deciding between Coronado (standard view) or Caribbean beach (water view).

Ive never stayed at, or even visited, either these resorts before. so its all fresh and new for me.

Our favorite resorts are POR, AKL, and WL. not that these two are anything like any of those haha.

While Caribbean beach is about $10 more per night, the idea of being a bit more centrally located is pretty enticing. also, unsure if the skyliner will be open then, but that would be cool too if it was.

However, Ive heard that Coronado is a quieter, more relaxed feeling resort. its a bit cheaper, but I've heard its a little further and bus rides can be a little long. but it looks like a beautiful resort, so I'm willing to try it.

does anyone here have any preference on either one? or particular preference why one is better that the other?

Thanks in Advanced!!

We have stayed at both and think they're both great but CBR is our preference. We just love the laid back, relaxed Island vibe. It's such a nice change from the craziness of the parks. You really can't go wrong with either.

We've stayed at CSR several times and love it! It's such a beautiful resort and very quiet and relaxing. Very nice pool and hot tub. We weren't big fans of CBR, unfortunately. I love the theme and thought we would really love the resort but it just didn't do it for us. Not to say I wouldn't return, but it's probably only above the All Stars on my list.

CSR was awesome on our last trip, huge grounds, the place really is spread out, great lobby, not sure why everyone states it is out of the way, so what you are on the bus an extra 5-10 mins.............we did not have any issues with transportation and would not hesitate in staying there again!

Haven't been to CSR since 2009, but I did enjoy it then.

Was just at CBR - fine stay, right now the Standard areas are a visual mess though. However, you say youre going in August, and I have to imagine they will be done by that point. If you book Preferred you are closer to everything and guaranteed away from construction but water views can be anywhere. The rooms could use a refresh, IMO, but the main building and food court were just refurbed and looked great. If they get started on the rooms once Skyliner is done they'll be in good shape. But looking at pics of CSR's rooms, they look much nicer.

Both are larger but not unmanageable. If the Skyliner is running for your stay then that could be a big advantage... if they're not running, I would lean toward CSR. But that's hard to say since we don't know when it will really be running!

We've stayed at every mod and CBR is our least favorite, so I would pick CSR. We had bad experiences with the bus service at CBR. We felt like the rooms were nicer at CSR, and we liked pool better.

We've stayed at CSR twice now, once for a week and once for only 2 days (during construction in Nov'17). Haven't stayed to CBR, but no desire to stay there at all. Also 2 stays at POR, so can compare to that. We enjoyed the quiet feel of CSR and would definitely stay there again. Don't understand where the bus transportation issues come from, as we had shorter waits both times at CSR compared to POR, and less crowded. Drive times to all parks except MK seemed much shorter from CSR than POR.

We enjoyed CSR last April .... I found the grounds to be very pleasant and was happy with the refurbished rooms. We did not have any trouble with the buses.

I have never stayed at CBR but, like you, would be wondering whether or not the skyliner will be running.

I stayed at both in February, and I have a strong preference for CSR.

I had a water view at Caribbean Beach for the sole purpose of being on the "inside" of the resort rather than the "outside," but my room was quite a hike from Old Port Royale (the main building). I don't mind walking, but when you get home from a long day in the parks and want to go get a snack, it was just a lot. The bus system was not effective in the Aruba section - you had to stop at all of the bus stops each time, whether it was the internal bus system or the park system. In all fairness, there is a lot of construction there now - sky gondolas, Riviera resort, and some other maintenance, so it may be better during a "normal" season.

At CSR, you have to stop at a number of bus stops, too, but they seem to circle around the resort on a shorter path and that makes a big difference on the transportation time.

this isn't a dilemma. CSR is the correct choice, IMO. Don't even think twice about it.

I really enjoyed our stay at CSR. We were able to stand out on the walkway balcony and watch the HS fireworks. I like that doesn't seem to be quite as crazy with kiddos (there are still some though). I loved the location. It was a really quick bus ride to HS, EP, AK and DS. The only bus ride that took longer was to MK, but you get that pretty much at all non-MK resorts.

Have a great trip!

WOW thank you so much you guys. you have really helped.
I think I'm leaning towards CSR more now!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter